Unwanted Revelations

Killing and Dealing Are The Names Of The Game

                ‘I won’t let anything hurt you.’

                Himchan pondered over these words, the last words he remembered whispering to Zelo the previous night before he fell into a peaceful sleep. He stared at his hands again thinking about how perfect the tall boy had fit within his hold and how his heart had skipped a beat when he had woken up the next morning. ‘How far have these emotions gotten while I’ve been trying to deny them?’

                “Hi Zelo!”

                Himchan looked up from the table startled. He scanned the room and then glowered at Youngjae when the younger started to laugh.

                “You can’t blame me! I’ve been trying to get your attention and that is the only thing that worked.” Youngjae had to sit down before he fell to the ground from the force of his laughter.

                “I had a long night.” The excuse sounded lame even to Himchan’s ears.

                Youngjae smiled as he looked at Himchan. “So, what’s on your mind? Zelo?”

                “Why would that brat be on my mind?”

                Youngjae waved his finger in Himchan’s face. “Don’t lie. I see how you look at him.”

                “That’s not true. And drop the finger if you don’t want to lose it.” Himchan threatened.

                “You slept with him!” Youngjae leaned back in the chair as he sat there in disbelief over how Himchan could keep denying his feelings.

                “I slept beside him!” Himchan corrected. “Nothing happened.”

                “I don’t believe you.”

                “You don’t have to but you’d be wrong.” Himchan grimaced as he took a drink of his now cold coffee and looked over the papers on the table again.

                “Could you kill him?”

                Himchan’s heart beat loudly in his chest. It seemed like the second it took for him to answer dragged on for hours. “What kind of question is that?”

                Youngjae looked at Himchan seriously. “I used to be the only person in this world you wouldn’t kill because I’m the only one you love. Has his smile enchanted you? His business prowess?”

                “Shut up.” Himchan grumbled.

                Youngjae sighed. “I won’t judge you for finally opening up—hell I recommend it Himchan. I just think it is safer if we are honest about our emotions.”

                Himchan ignored him favoring instead the information on the maps and charts instead. Youngjae’s soft chuckle is what brought his head up to look at his brother who was now standing.

                “If you ask me you two make a good pair, both so good at business yet he brings out a softer side of you.” Youngjae quickly pinched Himchan’s cheek before jumping out of the way of Himchan’s hands.

                “Don’t push your luck, Youngjae.” Himchan growled.

                Youngjae backed away towards one of the hotel bed with a smile on his face. “You don’t have to take my suggestion, but you’d be wrong not to.”

                “Did you just…”

                Youngjae plopped down onto his bed and picked up his tablet. “I learn from the best, do I not?”

                Himchan chuckled. “And then I remember why it is I don’t kill you. Now get back over here and help me finalize the plans for tomorrow night.”

                Youngjae hopped back over to the table and was going to sit down when he saw the inside of Himchan’s coffee cup. “Did you want me to go on a coffee run first?”

                “Since when have you been so nice to me?”

                Youngjae laughed as he grabbed his things. “Maybe to make up for all the teasing I’m planning on doing later.”

                Himchan groaned after the door shut. “This is going to be the end of me. No more badass Himchan. No more fear in people’s eyes. I’m going downhill.”

                He shook his head, knowing he couldn’t afford to let that happen. He continued to pour his attention into the papers in front of him making notes from time to time on the best course of action. This was the most amount of information he had ever received on a target, something he appreciated but felt wary about. Himchan’s thoughts traveled back to Zelo, wondering why it was the younger man wanted to kill his father.

                Being in the business of killing people, Himchan knew it didn’t take much for some people to want others dead, even their own family, but Zelo seemed different from the druggies  and hot-tempered people he had been acquainted with. Zelo was calculating when he needed to be and cute, although he wasn’t sure what that had to do with his personality.  Most importantly though, Zelo was raised to be a businessman even though he hid how smart he was behind his oversized clothing and dyed hair. Even if Zelo didn’t care for his father then there still would have to an important factor to make him want to have his father killed.

                ‘I just don’t know what it is… It isn’t like it matters to know but, I want to know.’ Himchan mulled over what he knew in his head, not hearing the door open and close behind him.

                “Himchan, Zelo’s here!”

                Himchan jumped in his chair before scowling down at his papers, mad at himself for not being on guard. “You already fooled me once today Youngjae, just stop it already.”

                “Wow, my name is the only thing that he pays attention to.”

                Himchan practically fell out of the chair as he turned to see Zelo smirking at him.

                “How… How did you know where we lived?” Himchan asked.

                Zelo shrugged. “Not telling.”

                Himchan glared. “Just because I’m nice to you, don’t think I won’t hurt you to find out this information.”

                Zelo sighed as he dropped into the chair beside Himchan and placed the coffees on the table. “Fine, whatever. I think I preferred you last night.”

                “Last night?” Youngjae perked up in interest.

                “Nothing happened last night.” Himchan growled. “And don’t ty to change the subject!”

                “I woke up in the middle of the night and Himchan was cradling me.” Zelo smiled as he ignored Himchan to answer Youngjae. Then he turned back to Himchan. “I put a tracer in your shoe when you were sleeping last night. Unfortunately it only helped me get to this hotel. I wasn’t positive on which you were in until Youngjae came back.”

                Himchan immediately stood up and grabbed the shoes he used last night. Thinking again, he went to his bag and grabbed all his clothes as well and walked out of the hotel room as the younger boys asked him what he was doing. He scolded himself for letting his guard down, but it almost seemed like he couldn’t help it with Zelo.

                “Himchan!”

                ‘Please just leave me alone… I can’t wait until we leave this town.’ Himchan sighed.

                “Himchan, please stop!” Zelo grabbed his arm before Himchan was able to throw his things into the dumpster.

                “Why?” Himchan asked with an even tone. “They are just clothes. A reminder of my failure and who knows how many trackers you put on me without me knowing.”

                “It was the only one! I only had one in my room.” Zelo said quickly. “I shouldn’t have done it, I’m sorry!”

                Himchan looked at Zelo in confusion. “Why would you apologize? Why does it matter if I throw these out?”

                “I just…” Zelo bite his lip and looked away. “At least let me buy you a new outfit in apology.”

                Himchan’s lips tightened. “Youngjae.”

                Zelo sighed. “He might have said something about needing money.”

                Himchan scowled and shook Zelo’s arm off of him. “We don’t need it that badly. I’m just saving up for a big purchase.”

                “I know—“

                “You know?! How much do you know?” Himchan couldn’t help the anger rising within him.

                Zelo cursed. “Why can’t I say the right things around you? Why do I just make you mad?”

                “Are you sure it’s just me?” Himchan scoffed. “Are you sure you are ready to take a part in the drug business?”

                Zelo’s eyes turned cold, surprising Himchan. “I’m more than capable of taking care of my father’s business. It’s just you I have a problem with.”

                Himchan wasn’t going to admit that Zelo was quickly becoming his own weakness. They stood there in front of the dumpster staring each other down. Neither willing to budge or give in to the other completely.

                “Why did you come today?”

                Zelo looked away with a scowl evident on his face.

                Himchan tossed his clothes into the bin and Zelo looked about ready to protest. “Tell me and I’ll let you buy me a new set. Don’t and I will go check Youngjae and I into a new hotel.”

                Zelo glared. “I wanted to see how the planning was coming and talk to Youngjae and… I wanted to make sure you were okay?”

                “Why wouldn’t I be okay?”

                Zelo shrugged. “You left without saying anything… I just wanted to check on you.”

                ‘Don’t say those things. It makes me want to never leave you.’ Himchan started walking back to his room.

                “Hey!”

                Himchan looked over his shoulder at Zelo. “Aren’t you coming? We need to work on the plan more before we go shopping.”

                ‘What the hell is wrong with me, falling for someone? I can’t allow myself be clouded by these emotions.’

               

                Himchan and Youngjae were sitting behind a tree across the street from the Choi mansion. The night was lit only by the street lamps on the street. Himchan adjusted his guns once more as he looked over his outfit. The new clothes Zelo had bought him fit perfectly and were lighter. Zelo had been at their room earlier, Himchan had forgotten the reason why, but he couldn’t forget the look the younger had given him. Himchan knew he was good looking but seeing Zelo admire him set his confidence soaring.  

                ‘Zelo…’ Himchan shook his head. Now was not the time to be thinking about the tall blue haired man. In fact, it would be better to never think about him and he knew that.

                He checked the time on his watch and nudged Youngjae. “You ready?”

                Youngjae nodded and stood as he pulled his bandana up, the yellow and white clown markings made his different from Himchan’s. “I can do this.”

                Himchan clapped his shoulder. “We can’t afford to screw this up. I’m trusting you.”

                “I know.”

                “Tell me what your job is one more time?”

                “Him—“

                “Tell me.” Himchan’s tone left no room for arguing.

                Youngjae sighed. “I need to put the cameras on loop and turn off the radar. It will be set on a timer so that I can get out as fast as possible.”

                “Good.” Himchan looked down at his watch one more time. The time was getting closer to when their plan would go into action. He wished Youngjae could stay outside and hack into the computers like he normally did or connect into the wires that led out of the house but this time Youngjae needed to be a little more hands on. The type of equipment on this house had required Youngjae to be in the control room.

                “Smart of them to put that box inside.” Youngjae said. “Most people still have important wires outside.”

                Himchan looked at Youngjae one more time. “Youngjae, I know it’s been a long time since you have been inside—“

                “I’m fine!” Youngjae stared at Himchan with such ferocity that Himchan swelled with pride.

                “Okay, here we go.” Himchan pulled up his own bandana and they ran for the fence.

                Himchan arrived first and knelt down to help push Youngjae over the top. Then he was over and they were running towards the shed on the side of the property. It was only a few feet away, so they didn’t need to go far. Himchan wasted no time, taking his guns out before he even reached the window that he had asked Zelo to open earlier. He smiled, silently thanking the younger for doing what he asked. Youngjae was there and kneeling so Himchan could step on his back to actually see into the tall window. He saw the backs of the guards and after taking careful aim, he fired his guns.

                ‘Don’t kill them if you don’t have to. I need these men.’

                “We were lucky to get dart guns so quickly.” Youngjae whispered as the entered the security room.

                “Yeah, the things we are doing for that brat.” Himchan grumbled as he wheeled the bodies into the corner before dumping them on the ground to tie and gag them. He slid one chair to Youngjae so he could sit while he worked and then Himchan got on the chair to close the window. It was safer this way in case anyone came to check how the guards how been taken out.

                “I’m going now.” Himchan said.

                Youngjae nodded. “I should be ready by the time you get there. Your radio on?”

                Himchan clicked it on. “Now it is. Talk to me if you need me.”

                “Of course.”

                Himchan smiled. He was about to walk out when he remembered the darts. He picked them up and put them in his pocket. ‘Better to get rid of all the evidence.’

                Himchan walked outside and checked his watch. He inhaled deeply to settle his nerves and then he darted around the building. He didn’t have to worry about the dogs since they had given Zelo a drug to make them sleepy. Seeing no dogs, Himchan was happy to see that it had worked. He ran from the closest tree and then slid up to the side of the house, his back to the wall as he scanned the area. Himchan tapped the radio in his ear, his way of communicating with Youngjae.

                “You are clear to go into the house. No guards in the side room and only one in the kitchen right now. Everything on the second floor is the same as what we heard; two guards in front of the door and one on each end of the hallway. I’m almost done disabling the equipment upstairs… Himchan are you sure you don’t want me to guide you through?”

                Himchan tapped his radio and Youngjae sighed. “I know there is no time to argue now but next time I think I should help you.”

                Himchan tapped it three times to signal the end of conversation. He slowly made his way to the door and quickly slipped in without making a noise. He kept close to the wall as he headed towards the kitchen where there was a servants’ staircase. He breathed through his noise to silent the noise of his breathing, listening only to the faint sounds coming from the kitchen.

                Youngjae came over the radio and Himchan waited to make a move. “Alright, everything is set up. I’m heading back to the car. See you soon, Himchan.”

                Himchan tapped to confirm he heard and went back to paying attention to the kitchen. He waited by the doorframe, trying to determine the guard’s position. Finally, he heard the sound of the refrigerator opening and he smiled behind his bandana. Himchan quickly moved around the door frame and shot the guard with his dart gun and let him fall to the floor. He pulled him away from the fridge and spared the time to put the guard in a chair after pulling out the dart, making it look like he was sleeping. 

                ‘I have thirty minutes, more than enough time to get in and out.’ Himchan tried to calm his nerves that were begging him to go faster.

                He was taking the stairs one at a time, trying his hardest not to make a noise. The curling stairway was narrow and made entirely of wood so making no noise was extremely difficult. One wrong move and an echo would alarm the guard stationed at the top.

                Himchan paused near the top. This would be one of the hardest parts; getting past the guards here without alarming the whole building. He pulled out both of the dart guns and wasting not another precious second Himchan dashed out from behind the last bend. He spotted the guard and slowed seeing that he was sleeping.

                ‘This is the Choi’s famous security?!’ Himchan glowered. He shot the man just in case and hid behind him as he peered into the hallway. There was the master bedroom guarded by both guards who were awake and then there was another guard all the way in the corner watching the other corridor. He felt bad for doing this, but his dart gun wouldn’t reach all the way to the other guard. He wasn’t confident with the range since he hadn’t had time to test it.

                Himchan reclaimed the used dart and then switched one of the dart guns out for his gun equipped with the silencer. The gun was barely in his hand before he was standing and shooting. The dart gun was aimed for one of the men by the door who he hit immediately. He slightly adjusted and hit the other guard before they could call for help at the same time he shot the other guard in the chest with a real bullet.

                Worry over how much noise the falling bodies caused, Himchan rushed down the hallway to the master bedroom. He gently tried the lock and rolled his eyes to see it was unlocked. ‘Cocky bastard.’

                Himchan slipped in and walked over to the bed. He ignored the woman, not being on his hit list, and raised his gun to the man’s forehead. One pull of his finger and Choi was sporting a new hole in his forehead and was painting his pillow red.

                The woman moaned in her half sleeping state as she rolled over. Himchan was already making his way back to the door. There was nothing else for him to do there. No need to gloat over his kill. The only thing left to do was get out of the building safely and return to Youngjae; this was indeed the hardest part.

                “Honey?” A fragile female’s voice floated in the air. “HON—“

                Himchan spun around, firing his dart gun in the dark. The female dropped on top of her dead husband. ‘Didn’t expect that…’

                Himchan went back and pulled the dart out of her neck. He closed the bedroom door behind him and collected the darts from the still unconscious guards. Himchan was about to make his way back to the kitchen and stepped out into the hallway. A blaring siren rang through the air.

                Himchan checked his watch. ’20 minutes?! Did he misunderstand me!?’

                A loud electronic voice screamed intruder over the house intercom as Himchan ran for the staircase he had come up. His heart was pumping so loudly he almost didn’t hear the sound of the footsteps running up the staircase. The sound of it had him skidding to a stop. He backpedalled and ran back down the hallway towards the dead security guard.

                He rounded the corner and came face to face with a man about the same age as him. He reacted instinctively, punching the man in the nose and then sent a knee to his abdomen, making the guard double over. He grabbed the radio from the guard’s ear and stomped on it before rushing off. ‘For how long can I not kill them?’

                Two more guards appeared and Himchan shot them with his dart gun. He groaned when he realized those were his last. ‘Sorry, Zelo…’

                Himchan took his real guns out and continued down the corridor. It appeared most of the guards assumed he would try for the closest staircase so the security on this path wasn’t as bad. Himchan figured he had only one shot to get out of here, so he headed towards the only other room he had been inside.

                 A door opened on his right and Himchan punched before looking. His hand was caught and he was thrown back. He landed against the wall with a grunt but was quick to put his hands up, protecting his face. He stomped down on the bodyguard’s foot and then got a punch in, hitting his face. The guard recovered fast though and Himchan had to dodge another punch to the face. They were slowly walking down the hallway as Himchan dodged the man’s punches and kicks. Having no time for games, Himchan began his own attack trying to get hits in here and there while his own face got smashed in. Finally he was able to get in a cheap shot to the man’s groin. As the guard stumbled back he heard a door open directly behind him. He swung his gun around prepared to kill to save his life, it’s what he did for a living anyhow.

                His heart caught in his throat when he saw Zelo at the end of his gun which he was in the process of firing. Within milliseconds, Himchan lifted his gun, unable to stop his trigger finger. The bullet whizzed right past Zelo’s face, hitting a guard who appeared behind him.

                The two stared at each other, both with hearts pounding. Their moment was cut short when they heard guards running up the closest staircase. Himchan ran forward switching his gun out with one hand while he grabbed a used dart with his other. He threw a used dart at Zelo, silently hoping the other knew what he was doing. He pulled the trigger so it would dry fire, trying to make the scene believable to the guard squirming behind him, and Zelo fell to the ground; a fake death worthy of an Oscar in Himchan’s opinion.

                He sprinted through Zelo’s room, aware of the men closing in on him. He jumped off the balcony and onto the tree and then to the next before jumping off and rolling to break his fall. The distance to the gate was cleared easily, since most of the guards were inside, and then Himchan propelled himself over the fence so he could run down the street to Youngjae and their escape vehicle.

                He was practically to freedom but his heart was still pumping fear through his system.  He had just cleared a job successfully, one not many hit men would have been willingly to take, yet there was only one thought, one question on his mind, sending an almost paralyzing fear through him.

                ‘Was I more afraid for Zelo’s life than my own?’