Prologue

Killing and Dealing Are The Names Of The Game

                Zelo woke up with a gasp as freezing cold water drenched his skin. His breathing hitched as he cast his eyes around his surroundings. The dark room was void of all objects besides the dangling light that flickered, threatening to die at any moment. The breeze that trickled through the rattling window was chilling him to the bone thanks to his drenched state. He tried to raise his hand up to wipe the droplets of water from his face only to realize that he was tied to the chair he was sitting on. Hands, ankles, and chest, chained to the metal chair. This definitely wasn’t his bedroom. This definitely wasn’t where he was earlier in the day. Zelo’s head throbbed as he tried to think about how he got in this predicament.

                “Are you awake?” A deep husky male’s voice asked.

                Zelo blinked, trying to straighten out his blurry vision as he raised his head up.

                His chin was roughly jerked up until he was face to face with his supposed captor. There was a cold glint in his captor’s dark eyes. The man’s strong jaw, clear skin, and bow-shaped lips were some of the few characteristics Zelo could see which let him know that this man was beautiful, but the intense feel that radiated off of him told him that this man was not to be messed with.

                Zelo was pushed back as his chin was released, and the man backed up far enough that Zelo could see the bucket still in his hands. “Wh—what do you want?” Zelo’s voice came out hoarse, as if he hadn’t had a drink of water in days.

                The man tilted his head as he examined Zelo quietly. “I want you to tell me everything you know about your father’s business.”

                The emotionless words sent a shiver down Zelo’s spine. This man was serious. He wasn’t playing around and he wasn’t holding Zelo for ransom. All hope of escaping alive began to slowly dwindle out of Zelo’s mind, but he was the heir of the largest drug lord in the city. He couldn’t afford to let anyone think they had him beaten.

                “Go to hell.”

                An amused smirk played across his captor’s face. “Maybe you should sleep on your answer one more time.”

                “Wh—“

                There was no time for Zelo to process the words before the thick metal bucket was sung at his head. With no way to dodge he could only brace himself before the blow sent him back into darkness.