please don't look at me like a stranger (sugamon)

쓰다 (sseuda)
Please log in to read the full chapter

1972 words

yoongi x namjoon ; slight!yoongi x jimin

angst?? drabble-not-drabble

~

Oblivious people amuse Yoongi so much- they’re so stupid. They easily turn a blind eye towards people that care. They wouldn’t even recognize a flirting attempt even if it slapped them in the face.

But Yoongi could, especially if that “flirting attempt” is being crushed by a certain Park Jimin’s sweaty bear hug.

"Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!" comes a whine, loud and annoying, near his ear.

"What."

"Why won’t you hug me back!!! Come on!!!" Jimin cries loudly and swings him side to side forcefully.

"Why would I?" He answers and playfully shoves Jimin away.

The younger removes his arms around Yoongi’s waist. “I would make you hug me next time, hyung.” He gave him a wink before running off to wherever the other two maknaes are headed.

Yoongi chuckles and wipes off Jimin’s sweat on his body. Namjoon claps a hand on his back and points his head towards their self-proclaimed Bangtan Room.

He nods and asks for a minute alone to change his clothes. Namjoon only smiles and walks away.

Namjoon’s being extra silent and distracted these days, Yoongi thinks, but dismisses it as their leader going into the zone for their new album.

He turns his back from the door and removes his shirt, all the while humming a tune to himself.

He doesn’t see the pair of eyes looking at him.

 

Jimin clings on to him almost 24 hours a day and 7 times a week. Being all cheesy and gross and a little too obvious.

He makes Yoongi coffee every morning- not the best, but Yoongi would rate it an A+ for effort. He gives Yoongi half his shower time and even a portion of his breakfast.

Yoongi thinks it’s a bit too much for a crush. But neither of them is complaining.

 

"Namjoon wrote a song," Hoseok tells him at night. "He said it could be the intro for our next album."

"Really? He didn’t tell me." Yoongi clutches at his blanket. It’s an hour past midnight and everyone’s asleep. Except him, Hoseok, and Namjoon who isn’t back yet.

"He let me hear it while you and Jimin were away during lunch break," He hears a yawn. "It’s sounds a bit raw and not like Namjoon-"

"I mean, yeah he pours out all his emotions in his lyrics, but this is different."

"How different?" Yoongi asks.

"It’s a love song."

"Boy in Luv is a love song, Hoseok." He argues.

"I know, but it’s a song a broken hearted person would write," Hoseok says, "it goes somewhere along the lines of ‘what am I to you? I do love you—" He stops when the sound of their front door clicking open is heard.

"Let’s just talk to him tomorrow." Hoseok ends it at that and Yoongi hears the other’s blanket rustle and he sees the bedroom door open.

Yoongi closes his eyes quickly when Namjoon passed by his bunk, he feels the bed under him creak and hears Namjoon humming a song.

Hoseok was right.

 

"You didn’t tell me you wrote a song." is the first thing he tells him the next morning. He’s sitting on the floor between Namjoon and Jimin’s bunk. Namjoon jumps at his voice, a hand fisted on his chest and the other still rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"It still isn’t finished." He says his voice groggy from sleep.

"Sounds finished to me," Yoongi says and pulls out the earbud on his left ear. Namjoon scrambles for his phone and Yoongi handed it to him calmly.

"It still needs editing," Namjoon argues still.

"Then meet me and Hoseok at the studio after you eat." He stands up and walks out the bedroom.

"But my phone’s password-protected." He hears Namjoon whisper from inside.

 

"It’s just a noona from high school." He says for the umpteenth time. He rearranges the audio clips again, distracting himself from the two pair of eyes staring at him intently.

"You didn’t tell us about this noona."

"I don’t have to tell you everything, hyung." The room turns dead silent and Namjoon sighs "Are you two going to help or not?"

"Fine." Both Hoseok and Yoongi walk over to Namjoon and gives pointers on the audio and the lyrics.

Change this to that. Move that here. Cut this part out. Lower the tempo. Add an effect on this part. Record this one again. Pit-a-pat. An hour flew by and passed, and that’s a song to start their first album with.

 

Their first full-length album was not as big of a hit as their previous mini-albums, but they’re just rookies. They landed different spots on the charts for every music show- may it be in the Top 10 or the lowest 40, they’re just glad they got that over with.

Fans wer

Please log in to read the full chapter