The Mute

The Cursed Case: The Haunted Photo

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know?" Miryo replied.

"Yeah they have never left us alone before", Kris stated.

"How long have we been test on?" I asked.

"For about three months", Kris replied.

"Except him", Miryo pointed to the mystery man.

     The mystery man looked sane, if that makes sense. He seemed quite aware of the actions that happened. His hair was black. He had a tiny face, but his features are well defined. His gaze didn't seem confused. Even though he hasn't been here long, he should still be confused on why the doctor left.

"How long have you been here?" I asked the quiet man. He only stared with a strong gaze

"Don't even bother. He doesn't talk. We don't even know his name. He has been with us for at least a month", Kris stated.

A mute? Something about him.

"Why did they lock us in here?" Miryo stated.

"What do they normally do?" I asked.

"They cut is open, they gives us drugs, and they do to our minds", Kris replied.

"They like to perform psychological evaluations. One time they didn't allow us to drink for three days. Three people died”, Miryo said.

"One time they drained out some of our blood to see how much pints it take until a human dies. A few people died that day too", Kris stated.

How despicable. Are these doctors even human? "How may have died?"  I asked.

"Too many to count", Miryo stated.

"I'm starving", Kris groan.

"Maybe they'll feed us today. I smelt food on our way in", Miryo stated.

"They haven't feed us?" I questioned.

"Yeah for weeks now", Kris stated laying his head back in the chair. That explains why all three of them look emaciated. Why aren't they feeding them? It must be some type of psychological test. That's it! My thoughts were interrupted by the Mute. His gleaming stare was aimed at me. We made a millisecond of eye contact before, he adverted his eyes to look around the room. What is with him? He seems way too calm. Unlike me, he remembers the torture why isn't he a bit curious of why we're free to do whatever.

      I rose from my chair to the metal tray near me. I wafted over the beakers. Sulfuric acid. I paced towards every metal tray. Each tray held the same ingredients, sulfuric acid, a scalpel, water, a dissecting probe, and salt.

"We need to find a way out", I stated.

"Why?" Kris asked.

"They're performing a test on us", I replied.

"What type of test? No one is here", Miryo said.

"You're right no one is here except four starving test patients", I stated.

"What are you getting at?" Kris asked.

"Each tray has a scalpel, sulfuric acid, water and salt", I said.

"They want us to kill each other", Miryo stated.

The Mute examined the materials upon the tray. It seemed like he knew what their purposes were.

"Why?" Kris questioned.

"If you mix sulfuric acid into water, an unstable compound will form", I stated.

"Ok, but we're not going to kill each other," Kris spoke.

"You don't get it", Miryo stated. "A scalpel to cut us open, and sulfuric acid and water to eat away our flesh, the food we smelt in the hall.”

"Add that to the fact that we haven't eaten in weeks. It will be a matter of time until someone cracks", I stated.

     The four of us sat intensely around the room. These doctors are crazier than the patients. Testing on us because we are going to be killed anyway is ridiculous. It seems all of us don't deserve to be here. I don't even know why I'm here. Miryo is here because she murdered men who were attacking her. Kris and the Mute reasons float in the air.

"We have to hold out", Kris stated.

"Why are you here", I bravely asked.

"He's here because he Dr. Sandara", Miryo stated.

"I never her!" He shouted. "I was here receiving treatment, next thing you know I've been accused of the female doctors", Kris stated.

"What were you being treated for?" I asked.

"Depression", he replied. Now my trust for Kris has gone away. Actually I shouldn't have trusted anyone, especially the Mute. I wonder why he is here.

"Tomorrow is the day", Miryo stated.

"The day for what?" I asked.

"We escape this place", Kris replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Some patient started the idea along with a doctor. Some sane patients will lead and allow the crazy patients to go wild", Miryo stated.

      This is what stopped the institution from carrying on. That's explains why the institution is trashed. It was abandoned because the patients went rouge. It must be 1931. I need to find out who started this plan. And who is the doctor that is helping the patient? Strange, why would a doctor help out a patient at a mental institution? They must know that the patient isn't insane. I need to figure this out.

"Okay I have an idea", I stated locking for cloth.

"What are you doing?" Kris asked.

"We need to hold ourselves back", I replied. If I cannot find cloth to tie us apart then I will need something to sedate us.

"What?" Kris questioned.

"I need to find chloroform or some type of sedation", I replied.

"For what?" Kris asked yet again.

"To keep us from harming each other", Miryo stated.

"Chanyeol I'm hungry, but I'm not going to kill another human being for food that may not be given to me", Kris stated, sending shivers throughout my body. The call of my name from him makes my mind replay the strike from me. I ended his life. What if he wants to run away with mine?"

"We cannot be sure of that", I stated making eye contact with the Mute. This man is the sound of haunting. His stare creates competence. I know he thinks something is irregular with my behavior. Miryo and Kris believe its drugs, but in reality I don't even belong here. Why am I even here in the first place? Am I creating another world for myself or is this conundrum really happening to me.

"I think we will be fine", Miryo stated.  "We're hungry but there is no way that we're going to kill each other. We have been through worse, besides they barely feed us in the first place. My body has grown accustom to this life."

      Miryo has a strong point. Though they do look extenuated, weakness hasn't been shown on them. I guess after being here for so long their bodies adjusted. Kris and Miryo may have adjusted, but the Mute has only been here a month. What if his body hasn’t made the change to this life?

      Many hours went by. I felt that it at least had to be late afternoon. Miryo and Kris were right. They were able to keep themselves under control. Kris snored from his chair. A bit of drool even slid out of his mouth. Miryo was also in the dream land. The Mute sat awake though. He twiddled with his thumbs, examining his surroundings. Maybe this could be the chance I can speak to him.

"Hey", I stated. He glanced at me and then went back to looking around the room. What is with him? "Why are you here?" I asked. Again he looked at me but then looked away. "Could you at least tell me your name", I stated to the quiet man. This time he didn't even look at me. He stared around the room. I don't understand him.

      In front of me sat a glass medicine cabinet. In the reflection I could see a man. He had short black hair, large ears, and deer like eyes. This man is me! How is it possible that I'm alive here? Is this really me? My face matches the reflection like a character of Guess Who. Why am I here? Is this a dream? Is the sandman casting this dark magic?

      Keys jingled from outside of the door. A woman entered. She noticed Kris and Miryo's sleeping stances. The Mute's eyes closed as soon as the woman entered. The heels of her shoes clonked towards my direction. She stood before me.

"Dara!" I yelled. She quickly put a finger over .

"Come on", she whispered.

Confused I followed her out of the room into the hallway. She stopped and stared at me.

"Thank you. You saved me. How did you know they were on to me?" She asked. How did I know?

"Dara, I don't know what's going on", I stated.

"That's what I came to tell you. The plan is happening tonight."

"What?" I questioned.

      It's happening tonight. In a few moments to be exact", Dara smiled. "We can finally be together", she stated grabbing onto my hand. Her hand felt delicate alongside mine. She then brought my hand to her protruding stomach. Her smiled widen when she looked up at me. Shoes slapping against the ground interrupted our moment. Dara quickly pushed me back into the room and locked the door.

     I turned around to see the Mute’s eyes burning holes into my body. Before I could say anything doctors entered the room. One of the four was Dara. I recognized the giant doctor from before.

"Why are they lying around?" The giant questioned.

"I guess the plan didn't work", Dara stated.

"How could that be?" another doctor asked.

"Not every test is going to produce the result we want", Dara replied.

A photographer entered the room. He set up his camera. The doctors talked among themselves. Kris, Miryo, and the Mute walked to the chairs. They each seem confused about what was happening. The Mute smirked at me before sitting. I sat down in my chair.

The photographer smiled and asked if we were ready. I'm not sure why we were taking pictures. Dara stood behind me. "Are you ready?" she whispered in my ear.

After Dara made that comment an alarm sounded. The photographer took the photo, as the alarm went off.

"Come on!" Dara stated grabbing my hand.

"It's time!" Kris yelled.

      My eyes opened to a room. I looked around, gaining stable vision. Darkness filled the room besides a small white light that was clipped to a book. Holding the book was a woman with dark hair. Her face was hidden in the darkness. I let my hands roam across the place my body was situated upon. My fingers felt soft fabric and a plush type of material. I was in a bed. Where am I?


Ooooh, I wonder what's going on with Chanyeol? From this point the story is going to get much more confusing, so pay attention to the little details!

Thanks to all of the viewrs and subscribers. I dont know where I'd be without you guys. I atruly appreciate you all :)

See you guys next update!.

Oh also comment!! I want to hear what you guys think. You never know you may know the truth to verything.