yongguk/daehyun

drabbles

as long as i'm with you
Pairing: bangdae
Rating: pg

ing character death

“Let’s leave,” Daehyun looked up from the bills he was paying with his eyebrows furrowed, glaring at his husband who was across the kitchen, leaning on the counter with a mug of coffee in his hand

“Yes, that makes a lot of sense, we don’t have anything to do here. No bills or rent or jobs, of course. This all makes great sense, let’s go,” the sarcastic tone in his voice oozed as he turned his head back to his laptop, studying the numbers on the screen.

“We used to talk about this all the time when we first got together,” Yongguk cocked his head in more confusion than anger as he watched the younger man run a hand through his hair. 

The silver engagement bang shined beneath the lights, and Daehyun’s tongue peaked out to wet his lips before a smirk crawled on his face. 

“I know, Guk, but we’re kind of in a tight situation right now,” he gave a half-hearted chuckled at Yongguk’s face before sliding the chair back and standing up, stretching a little as he did.

Yongguk’s eyes shifted to the bottom seam of Daehyun’s shirt, noticing how it rode up as his arms lifted, revealing more flawless skin. He had always had a thing for wearing Yongguk’s work shirts, and the older man could never bring himself to say no. 

“We don’t have to be in the situation, you just worry too much,” Yongguk’s hands wrapped around Daehyun’s narrow waist, tugging him closer to him.

He pressed his face into the top of Daehyun’s fluffy blonde hair, loving the way his husband’s breath fanned over his neck, a tight knot forming in his stomach. Yongguk pulled him closer, squeezing hard enough to make him grunt. The man laughed in his arms, pushing against Yongguk’s chest slightly, every touch precisely timed and measured.

“I’m not going to break,” Yongguk murmured, eyes briefly catching Daehyun’s before shifting to the table, stacks of papers and bills covering the wooden surface. It actually hurt his heart to know it was all from him.

“I never said you were,” he protested, a too large grin showing everything he tried to hide. 

Yongguk noticed the way Daehyun’s eyes scanned over Yongguk’s body, more bone than muscle as compared to how he looked the year prior. In Yongguk’s defense, he lived longer than they said he would. He actually was getting better, at least for a few months until it hit harder, so much more life from him. 

He was going to die. They knew how and from what, they just didn’t know when. 

“Yongguk, everything you—we—need, is right here,” he looked around their small apartment. The apartment they originally got to hold them over until they found a house. Now, they didn’t even talk about the house anymore. It wasn’t like it mattered to Yongguk. He’d probably be rotting in a hospital before they could sign the papers on one anyway.

“You’re right,” he sighed a wave of exhaustion covering his body, before stepping to the side to move away from Daehyun. He sat his half finished coffee beside the sink before running a hand through his hair, “I think I’m going to go to bed. I’m a little tired.”

With that, Yongguk left the room, leaving Daehyun alone with the mountain of bills he was going to spend the rest of the night working through. The younger knew it was impossible to make Yongguk happy when he was here, stuck in this house with no hope. He slumped into the hard chair, defeated and tired as he rubbed at his face before letting it rest in his hands. 

It took him a total of twenty minutes to decide that either way, they were ed. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Might as well go out with a bang. He shut down the computer and began scurrying across the house in a rush to get everything they needed including medicines and sweaters and clothes and food. Every time he thought he was finished he remembered one more thing.

It was four am when Daehyun finally crawled into their shared bed, kissing up Yongguk’s chest until he found his husband’s lips. 

“Babe, let’s go.”

Yongguk’s eyes slowly opened, “Where are we going?” 

His voice was thick and slurred, the sleep and medicine in his system making it hard for him to think and speak.

“Baby, we can go anywhere as long as I can stay with you,” Daehyun sealed their lips in a kiss once more and grabbed Yongguk’s hands, lacing their fingers together.

He didn’t know how long they had, but as long as he was with Yongguk, it was going to be okay.