Time And...

Time and Time and Time again.

(CHAPTER TWO!!! so I got a good response from the first chapter So i hope this one is just as good :S -fingerscrossed- Enjoy Hopefully you like this one too :D READ IT READ IT!! :p)

 

 

 

 

Minho, I know this may come as a shock to you, but this letter right now is being written by an older version of own self. The pictures you have seen in this box are of yourself. I am you. Every picture in this box is of your future life. I have done them all, all that you have yet to experience.

The old man, you have spent that last few years knowing, AS friend will become more important to you from now on. I’m sorry that I wasn’t there to greet you, to explain this situation myself. As I remember correctly myself, I had already passed, by the time you had first met my husband.

I tell you that it will be hard at first. But it will be a life worth living. Better than the childhood we had to live. At the bottom of the box is a watch. You need to get the exact same battery as the one in the bag beside it. It is a universal battery, (Universal BT/369A) that does not exist in the time I now live.

I want you to place the battery inside. And I want you to change the electric time to 20:14. This is not as you will see the time in the day. But instead it is the year I will be sending you too. Once it is set. I want you to press the reset button.

I wish you all the best on your soon to be future. And I know you will.

All the best.

Minho.

With the letter left aside. Minho starred at the pictures for a long time. Some lay out on the bed for him to try making scene of. The words from the letter still running though his head. In the end he read it over and over and over again. He wasn’t sure if this was some prank or if Mr Lee was leaving him with one last laugh. But then how Mr Lee had spoken to him before he passed. Even how the man’s son had acted too, it was partly like a confirmation.

Digging into the box, he finally found it. A watch which looked as unused and as new as one in the shops. Beside it, there was a small bag, inside that was a burnt and dried out battery. Minho didn’t dare to take it out. But he knew what battery it was.

With a rummage though the boxes, he had packed up within the bedroom, he found a set that had been bought and starred at a small sticker that he hadn’t notice before. (Use one of these TM) After taking one out of the packet, he slowly opened the latch on the back of the watch and placed it in the slot.

Following the instructions he set it to 20:14.

‘2014’ Minho mumbled.

With the item set, Minho again read the letter one more time. But he didn’t continue, instead he placed it on the side, and ran to get his bag. First he checked if he still had the second set of clothes he put in earlier in case he spent the night there. He then checked his phone. No-one ever contacted him anyways. He shoved the phone in his bag and then with a handful of the pictures he shoved them into the bag too. Finally he grabbed the letter and placed it in his pocket.

Minho then wandered from Mr Lee’s room and looked around the house in search for anything. Picking up his small hand Camera that he had been taking picture with, he shoved in the bag front pocket. Then taking one deep breath. Finally he came back to Mr Lee’s room.

Putting on the watch, around his wrist, he glanced the room once more time before he placed his thumb on the reset button and with eyes closed he pressed it hard.

It just felt like a whoosh of wind, had suddenly zoomed around him. Because when he opened his eyes he was still in the same room. He glanced at the watch clock which was now another number. 17:23.

‘Minho?’ Someone spoke.

The boy looked to the side and saw the elderly Mr Lee stood. Alive as ever, just about to get into bed. The old man looked Minho over before he smiled. ‘Ah’ he whispered. ‘Am I close to the end now?’

‘Mr Lee I-‘

Another whoosh of wind, and Mr Lee was gone. Again the number on the watch had changed lower again. 10:02. Minho saw a slightly younger Mr Lee trying to take down pictures from his wall. He didn’t notice Minho, but Minho watched as the older man called his name. ‘Minho? Where do you want me to put them?’

A third Whoosh and Minho felt it bigger stronger than before. The numbers on the watch now in three digits 7:43. The strap around his wrist was beginning to heat against his skin.

Minho looked up and could now see a couple. Two men hugging, kisses to each other’s lips, and a small laugh. Slowly one pulled away and their eyes met the boys. Minho knew instantly who that man was. The man smiled back giving a head nod as an even younger Mr Lee turned around and saw him. ‘Minho it’s you!’

A whoosh of wind again bigger and stronger than the last three finally hit him hard, Knocking Minho off his feet. He saw again the same man, smiling gently in the room, changing the sheets on the bed. As version of him self just a bit older than he was now,

‘Not long now’ He spoke. Minho glanced at his watch numbers now on two digits. 78.

Finally With the whoosh of wind pinning him down to the floor Minho yelled out. Grabbing at the intense burning on his wrist and yanked the watch from his skin. The battery was bubbling inside and burning. The watch quickly counting down in its one digit numbers.

Then it reached 0. Before going off completely.

The watch popped, cracked and hissed, throwing itself across the room. And hitting the corner. Minho sat up and watched it fall before suddenly someone fell over his legs. ‘AGH!’

It was a boy. A young male, with short brown hair, his body thin and skin so fair. He stumbled as he tripped over Minho; items in his hands fell around him as he hit the floor. The boy groaned, and rubbed at his face.

Minho shuffled his legs away quickly. Startling the boy in shock.

Slowly the young boy spun around on the floor –starring at Minho with the widest of eyes. It was only a second before the boy started to scream and shout.

‘INTRUDER INTRUDER! HELP –SOMONE HAS BROKEN INTO MY -’

Minho gasped crawling over quickly and slapping his hand against the boy’s mouth. ‘Shush –shush’ he begged.

The boy starred at Minho for a long while. Minho starred back, he recognised those brown eyes. ‘Mr Lee?’ he asked. ‘You’re Lee Taemin –right?’

‘Mow Mo Mnow Mmy Mame’ The boy said from behind the hand. Eyebrows frowned in confusion. Minho took his hand away. ‘What?’

‘I said how do you know my name?’

Minho opened his mouth ‘Oh’ he held out his hand ‘I’m Minho, this may sound really weird, but I used a watch that took me back in time to here, I’m from the future’

The boy glanced at the males hand for a while. One eyebrow rose as he then looked back up to Minho. ‘This is a prank –right? –you’re from college aren’t you? You’re making fun of my Time Watch Project, –GET OUT!’

‘No –no –really’ Minho said. He stumbled over and grabbed the warm burnt out watch. ‘I used this to get here’ Minho said.

The boy glanced at the item and his eyes grew wider. ‘How did you-’ he quickly turned around and opened a box he was once carrying. Pulling out a perfect condition, un-burnt version, of the watch. ‘How did you make it work?’ the boy asked.

‘I erm –put a battery in’ Minho smiled. ‘Like the letter said’

Taemin snatched the item from Minho’s hand, standing up and running over to the desk at the side of the bed. Minho stood up too and followed. Looking around the same damn room. The wallpaper and walls much fresher and cleaner than he last saw. ‘Have you always lived here?’ Minho asked.

Taemin ignored him and tutted as he tried to lift the latch open. When he did he dropped it as the battery sizzling spat at him a little.

‘What is that’ Taemin asked. ‘Where did you get that?’ he pointed to the battery.

‘Oh …It’s a Universal BT/369A Battery’

‘A what?’

‘It’s a battery from the future’ Minho smiled awkwardly.

‘Do –do you have anymore?’ The boy asked. Looking the watch over, by using a pen and comparing the too.

‘No –sorry –I forgot to bring them’

The boy starred at them for a moment longer; before he jumped up ‘GET OUT!’ he said pointing to the bedroom door.

‘What?’

‘You just messing with me –I won’t fall for it!’

‘No –No –look look’

He pulled the backpack from his back and rummaged inside –trying to find the photos. The boy starred at him, until a picture was shoved in his face. ‘See!’

Taemin took the picture to stare at it. His eyes looking at the two boys on it. His face on it not looking too pleased and this boy Minho was smiling. He then looked at what Minho was wearing and himself. ‘We are wearing the same outfits as this’ he pointed out.

Minho grabbed the picture back, eyeing it over ‘Oh yeah’ he said. ‘Maybe I take this one now’ he grabbed the camera from his bag and pulling Taemin into a side hold took a picture. Flipping it around he glanced at it, then the picture ‘See –the exact same!’

Taemin pushed Minho away harshly.

Minho stumbled and fell back on his again. He looked up, as Taemin glared. ‘Who are you?’ he snapped. ‘How did you really get into my room?’

‘I just told you’ Minho spoke. ‘I came from the future?’ he said standing up again. He reached for his pocket and pulled the envelope with the letter out. ‘Look I used to visit the old version of you and after he died. I found a letter and this older me said that I was going to come back in time, and- AGH!’

Minho’s hand shot to his face, as the pain hit him. Taemin stood with his fist up. Ready to hit him again. ‘PSYCHO!’ Taemin said.

‘I’m not a Psycho’ Minho mumbled holding his face and shoved the letter in the boys face. Taemin snatched the letter and read it quickly. ‘How do I know you didn’t write this?’

‘I did write this –but in a few years from now’ Minho whined, now pinching the bloody nose he owned.

Taemin looked over to the watches on the table. ‘How did you find that then?’

‘I found it in the closet’ Minho said. And pointed to the closet behind.

Taemin slowly sat down.

Minho pinched his nose tight before sitting down on the floor. ‘Stupid old man’ he muttered. ‘He could have told me all this’

‘Who?’ Taemin asked.

‘Mr Lee’ Minho mumbled.

‘You mean this old version of me, which you said just died?’

Minho looked at Taemin before he laughed. ‘You’re not what I expected, at all’

‘Yeah well –I didn’t expect a stranger to turn up in my bedroom!’ Taemin scoffed. He looked at the letter again. ‘So if what you are saying is true –why are you here?’

Minho shrugged. ‘I don’t know –I guess I’m this Minho that the older you kept talking about’

‘Did he tell you that I was going to punch you?’ Taemin smirked.

Minho opened his mouth before the last words Mr Lee has said to him crossed his mind.

# The elderly man clenched his eyes for a second. Before looking to Minho again. ‘I didn’t mean to punch you’ he then said. ‘I didn’t mean it’

‘What?’ Minho asked.

‘I was surprised -scared’ Taemin whispered. ‘You told me all of this –and I got scared’ #

Minho smiled to himself. Pulling his hand from his bloody nose. ‘Oh’ he chuckled. ‘So that what he meant’ Minho rolled over and stood again, using his shirt top to wipe his bloody nose. ‘I need to –clean up’ he said.

Taemin frowned. Before pointing out ‘You can use the bathroom’

‘Is anyone here?’ Minho asked.

‘No …I live alone’

Minho looked around ‘Alone?’

Taemin looked down. ‘My parents just died, it’s just me now’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(PART TWO UP!! Sooooooooo what did you think??? Yes No? Not sure??? COMMENT PLEASE -Flutters eyes- Let me know what you think and I will work on the next chapter.)