Time And...

Time and Time and Time again.

(So this is the start of my story -I may edit and add another version if I'm not satified So let me know what you think yeah :) Okay here we go enjoy. :) )

 

 

 

 

Time is an interesting thing.

Definition: The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

It is also a thing that tells us what part of the day it is. It tells us how long we have left in the day to be where we are. 

Time is a great importance.

~

And for Choi Minho he felt he had all the time in the world left. He was 19. A young male, fit and healthy as he should be. And happy with his life he lived.

It wasn’t a great life though.  He was a child of a one night stand. And his mother sadly passed away after giving birth, due to complications. His Grandparents who knew of him. Did not want a child out of wedlock within their home and had him sent to the Orphanage.

Despite his cute smile, baby teeth and big eyes. No-one chose little Minho. And by the time he was 12 and with a heart still of love. He did things that he felt made others happy. By 16 he started part time working at the Orphanage as a guardian. He may have never had a real family. But that didn’t stop him from caring for others.

He had done lots of Volunteer work in his life too. One being helping the elderly and that led to helping the man who lived next door to the Orphanage.

Lee Taemin was his name.

With hair grey, and a few wrinkles against his eyes on his fair skin. He was the only person who had ever actually spent time with Minho. In fact he was the only person who would listen to him and get to know him. The only one who seemed to care.

He was 15 when they first actually met. Minho had knocked on his door asking if he needed any help around the house. Or if he needed his front garden cleaning, or the back. Mr Lee had instead just welcomed him in and offered him a cup of Tea, biscuits and just a casual chat. Mr Lee was lonely and all he wanted was some company.

And Minho liked the fact that someone –even with them being old. Wanted to spend time to talk with him and listen. He had fun. They had interests alike. And he would see the smile on Mr Lee’s face every time he came over.

~

‘Tell me about him again’ Minho asked.

It was a Thursday and Minho was doing a quick clean up of the few cups that Mr Lee owned.

Minho had heard many stories of Lee Taemin’s past. And one he loved to hear was the story of Taemin’s lover and partner. Minho was very open minded about people and their uality. So when he found out Mr Lee was homoual he did not even batter an eyelid. In fact he asked about it, more for his own inner feelings. But he loved the stories more. He was intrigued. Because Taemin spoke of a man that had the exact same name as him. Mr Lee called him ‘My Minho’

The elderly man chuckled from his seat at the kitchen table. Watching the young boy who placed the dried cup on the bottom shelf.

‘I have told you so many times’ he spoke, elderly hand clasping the almost empty teacup tightly.

‘Just one more time’ Minho smiled. ‘You don’t have to tell me it all, -just the bit on how he proposed’ the boy was a romantic at heart, and though he said the proposal was the best one he had ever heard. Many would say it was not that great.

Mr Lee smiled gently. ‘It was winter’ he started.

‘Christmas’ Minho smiled giddily. Jumping over and sitting on the other seat, the wet cups left aside.

‘Christmas’ the elderly man spoke.

‘And he woke you up on Christmas morning’ Minho said.

‘Yah! Who is telling the story here’ Taemin laughed, scratching at his few hairs of his grey chin beard.

‘Sorry’ Minho blushed and held his lips together.

Taemin pushed his glasses up his nose. ‘And he carried me down the stairs and told me Santa had hidden the presents in the garage’

Minho grinned.

‘And I looked everywhere for them’ the elder said, waving his hands about in the air. ‘And looked and looked and searched and when I couldn’t find them I went back inside to shout at him’. Taemin watched as Minho bounced a little on his seat. Cheeks rising as he smiled more. Mr Lee chuckled a little. ‘And when I came inside Minho had lit every Christmas candle we owned. –lit the logs on the fire in that room over there. And made two hot Chocolates right at this table for us to drink’

Minho nodded for him to continue.

‘And when I saw this he got down on one knee’.

‘And-asked-you-to-marry-him’ Minho blurted out, before slapping his hand over his mouth. ‘Sorry’

The old man laughed and tapped his hand at the table. ‘Oh Minho’ he smiled.

‘I wish I could have met him’ Minho pouted. ‘I bet we could have been great friends’ He fiddled with the tablecloth and sighed.

Taemin’s smiled slipped from his face for a second, thinking of the man in the story before he smiled again. Reaching over, to take the young males hand, his thumb brushing against the soft young skin. ‘You two are more alike than you will ever know’.

Minho smiled again. He liked this Minho guy, who the elderly man had, spoke so much about. He had asked for Photo’s but Taemin claimed they had all burnt in a house fire they had a few years ago. The only pictures he had were memories that were in the old man’s head.

With the last cup placed in the cupboard Minho had to leave to another voluntary job he had been working with. ‘I’ll come again tomorrow’ he said, pulling on his coat and bag. He gave the old man a long hug, which Mr Lee held him tightly for a moment. A friendly gentle kiss to the boy’s cheek, before he waved him off to leave. ‘Have a good evening my boy’ he spoke.

‘I shall’ Minho responded. ‘Bye!’

The old man sighed as the front door shut. Head dropping slightly. His hand clinging to his chest. ‘Not long now’ he whispered. ‘Not long now’

~

‘Mr Lee!’ Minho said banging on the door. ‘Mr Lee are you in?’

Minho knocked on the door again. ‘Hello?’

With the push of a few fingers Minho tried to look though the letter box. ‘Mr Lee? Are you there?’  

Minho let the flap go and stood. He then took off around the corner and jumped over the fence to the back garden. Running over to see if the back door was open. Mr Lee liked to sit at the door sometimes.

‘Mr Lee are in today?’

Reaching the door Minho saw the back door was slightly open and pushing it open he stepped inside. He glanced around with frowned eyebrows. ‘Hello’ he said one more time.

‘M-M-inho’ someone rasped.

The male moved quick to the living room. And on the floor Mr Lee were. Hand clutched to his chest. Deep harsh breaths calling out.

‘Mr Lee!’ Minho gasped. Running over and helping turn the elder gentlemen over. Holding his body slightly.

‘Are you okay’ he said. ‘Shall I call for an ambulance?’

The elderly man shook his head. Smiling gently at Minho. ‘Just hold me’ he whispered.

Minho nodded and held the old man tighter. ‘Let me get help’ Minho begged.

Taemin shook his head gently. ‘It’s time’ he rasped. ‘Time for me to go now’

‘B-but’ Minho spoke. Voice breaking. He didn’t want to lose his best friend. Mr Lee was the only real good thing he had in his life right now.

‘You are a good boy Minho’ the man spoke. ‘I’m so proud of you’ he cupped the boys face and ran his wrinkled finger at Minho’s cheek. ‘You was the best thing that ever happened to me’

Minho felt himself tear up. ‘Mr Lee’ he said. ‘Please let me call for help’

‘Call me Taemin’ the elder rasped.

‘Taemin’ Minho said. ‘Let me call for help’

The old man cried out holding his chest tightly. Breaths a little bit harsher until he calmed.

‘Please’ Minho sobbed, tears now running down his cheek. He hated seeing the old man this way. ‘Please let me get help’

Taemin watched him gently and reached up wiping the escaping tears away. ‘You said you didn’t cry’ the man spoke.

‘Mr Lee please let me call an ambulance’ Minho choked.

‘My  Minho’ Taemin spoke. ‘My Sweet young Minho, look at you’

The elderly man clenched his eyes for a second. Before looking to Minho again. ‘I didn’t mean to punch you’ he then said. ‘I didn’t mean it’

‘What?’ Minho asked.

‘I was surprised -scared’ Taemin whispered. ‘You told me all of this –and I got scared’

‘What are you talking about? What did I-’ Minho spoke.

‘I love you Minho’ the old man cut in. ‘Thank you for giving me a life worth living’.

Minho confused by the words frowned. ‘I’m not your Minho Mr Lee’

‘Oh you are’

‘But-’

‘Please say it back’ the old man whispered. ‘Say you love me back’ the tears now in his own eyes. ‘One last time –you said you did –you promised me’

Minho watched the elderly man’s weak watering eyes. And rested his forehead against the wrinkled one, he did in one way love this man –as a friend a good friend. Someone he had loved as a father figure –or an uncle, maybe even a grandfather. With a shaky breath he looked at the man. ‘I love you too…Taemin’

The old man smiled a small chuckle left his lips as he heard the words. ‘Thank you’

‘Mr Lee –please let me-’ Minho started again.

But with a flutter of his eyelids and a small final death rattled breath. Taemin’s body slumped stilled against the younger male. Breathing halted, air no longer leaving his lung.

‘Mr Lee’ The young boy begged. ‘Mr Lee wake up –wake up –no you can’t leave me –please –I have no-one else –please’ he held the dead male tighter. ‘No! –No I don’t want to be alone –Come back’ he pleaded. ‘Come back!’

~

With his hands holding the bag with Mr Lee’s personals he sat on the sofa chair in the quiet home. He glanced at the wallpaper that was shredding in the corner. The paint on the other wall crumbling.

Minho sighed, eyes red and heart hurting having lost his only real friend. He picked up the brown boxes he had, and started putting items inside. Some to sell –some to give to charity. And a tiny box for something to keep in memory of Mr Lee.

As he had finished packing the cutlery, which was ready to donate to the elderly home three streets over. A clink of the door made him jump. An older male stepped inside. Pulling off is coat and sighing.

‘Hello?’ Minho spoke.

The male jumped looking over and staring, his eyes going a bit wider for a moment. ‘You-’ he started.

‘Hello I’m Choi Minho...I cared for your -Mr Lee before he passed’.

The male starred at Minho for a while before stepping forward. ‘Was he okay –he didn’t die alone did he?’

Minho shook his head. ‘No …I -I was with him’

The male smiled ‘Oh yes –I remember, he said’

The younger male frowned. ‘What?’

‘Huh –no sorry nothing –are you clearing out?’

Minho nodded. ‘Yeah, are you Jongin?’ he asked. The boy had heard about their son they adopted. Jongin was like him, born out of wedlock left at the orphanage and no-one wanted him. But one day Taemin and his Minho came and took him home. They didn’t care that he was already a teen. They felt that Kai as he was nicknamed wanted to be loved and they would provide it.

‘That is me’ Kai smiled.

Minho gave a small head nod and pointed to the boxes. ‘You can search though them –if you need anything’ he added.

Kai looked around the room before he shook his head. ‘No –no this is not my stuff. It’s all their stuff. I took mine when I moved out’.

The younger male nodded. ‘Oh –okay’

Kai took a few steps to look around the home. He then turned to Minho and once again starred for a moment longer.

‘What?’ Minho asked.

‘You look like my dad’ he said.

‘I do?’

Kai nodded ‘Yeah –My father must have loved having you here I guess, reminding him of him, you would have made his last few years great’.

Minho frowned. ‘Oh’

‘I’m sure you two was great friends, I wish you all the best’

Kai then turned away to leave, pulling on his coat and reaching to leave the home. ‘I will return in a few days to collect anything left behind. Goodbye’

The boy took a step forwards. ‘Won’t I see at the funeral?’ he asked.

The male halted at the door with his hand on the handle. ‘Maybe’ he spoke. ‘I think you maybe –unable to attended though’

Minho frowned at this. ‘I WILL BE THERE’ He snapped. ‘He was a great man –and I cared about him!’

Kai pulled the door handle half way, but with a change of mind. He suddenly turned and with three long steps strode over to Minho and took him into a hug.

Minho jumped at the action. His hands awkwardly at his side. ‘Jon-’

‘I’m sorry I was late’ Kai spoke, his voice now weak. ‘I tried to come on time, I really did –I never got to –to say goodbye to you’ the older male held tighter. ‘Remember this Dad, I’m saying it now. So you don’t have to wait for me to come. –you was the best Dad and –I love you’

Minho again frowned and waited until Kai moved away. Eyeing him as the male started wiping a few stay tears before quickly leaving. Leaving the younger male behind confused and full of questions. Minho knew he resembled this Minho he had heard about. But he never thought that someone like Kai would use him like Mr Lee had done before his death.

‘I’m not their Minho’ he whispered. Sitting back down on the sofa. ‘I’m just me’

~

A closet, one that held a lock that was now broken so the boy could get inside. It was the day before the funeral. And Minho was in Mr Lee’s bedroom.

Minho was pulling stuff out to sell or give to Charity, and found a box. A green box in fact. One that looked old and partly rotten. He pulled it out, and dropped it gently on the bed. Before lifting the lid and glanced inside and to his shook he found it full of Pictures. Pictures of Mr Lee from a very young age. Pretty faced and holding a head full of brownish blond hair, and years as he grew up, wedding photo’s family photo’s, with his adopted son.

But out of all these pictures, Minho starred at one person who was in most. A male who in every way shape and form looked like him.

The Choi Minho he had heard so much about, imagined about, and dreamed of meeting. Was scarily his exact replica, finally he after looking though many, found an envelope. The words wrote on the front was ‘To Minho, my younger self’

Minho opened the letter and quickly read the words. Eyes growing wider as he read each line, he finally dropped the letter and picked up a picture again of a young Mr Lee and his Minho.

All of a sudden Minho realised that he was in fact Mr Lee’s Minho.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(So he's my started. What do you think?? Yes? No? Not sure? Please do comment so I know what you think :D. I shall update the next one soon :) GiGi.