Time ....

Time and Time and Time again.

(I Could have written this chapter better I feel like I rambled in this one. Sigh -Have A read If i see many mistakes I'll hide it till i fix it -Okay :P But Enjoy it if it's okay. )

 

 

Minho starred at the darkening night street, as the pouring rain pattered against the floor outside the front door. ‘Ah damn it’ he whined. ‘I forgot my umbrella today. I gave it to Mr Jenkins and he had it with him, but I forgot to get it back!’ The boy stated jumping at little in his stood spot. ‘Damn it, damn it’

Mr Lee chuckled and pushed the door closed. ‘You can stay here tonight Minho; I have a warm fire and a spare bed you know’

‘Really? My new apartment’s only three streets away’. The boy spoke.

‘Minho, you told me yourself that you have nothing there but a small bed, a small fridge, and no heating because you can’t pay for it yet. That place is very cold, and I don’t want you getting sick’.

‘But Mr Lee I-’

‘Ah ah ah, now you stay here, where I can keep you safe’.

Minho sighed but smiled thankfully and agreed. ‘Okay, I’ll stay’

~

‘Mr Lee I can tuck myself into bed’ Minho laughed as the old man pulled the covers up to his neck. Patting the sheet he then sat on the side and ran his finger though Minho’s fringe. ‘Goodnight Minho’

‘Night Mr Lee’ Minho laughed, he smiled at the old man, before something caught his eyes, and he sat up taking Mr Lee’s hands into his own. Mr Lee starred as Minho looked at the lined scars along his wrist.

‘What are these?’ Minho spoke looking up at Taemin.

The old man sighed. ‘I was in a very bad place once Minho, like I told you, I didn’t have a life worth living back then’

Minho pouted ‘But your lived didn’t you?’ he ran his fingers against some of the lines. ‘Don’t do it again please!’

‘My Minho made sure I never did’ Mr Lee smiled. ‘He gave me a life worth living’ the elderly gentlemen smiled, cupping the boys face and leaned over to kiss Minho’s forehead, with a gentle ‘Goodbye’ he left the room in his tired state.

As he closed the door, he leaned against it for a second taking a deep breath as his beating heart pounced. Minho was starting to look older, more handsomer now as he grew from the young boy he knew, and it was getting harder for Taemin to treat him as a child.

Slowly he started to pull his shirt away and replace it with his night shirt. As he looked up, for a second he saw Minho in his room.

‘Minho?’ he asked.

The boy looked at him, backpack on and hand on the watch. Clothes different, from what he had seen the boy wear today, face a bit older than he had just seen. But as he looked at the watch again he smiled. ‘Ah’ he spoke realising who this Minho was. ‘Am I close to the end now?’

‘Mr Lee I-’ Then Minho was gone.

The old man slowly sat down on the bed. He glanced at the scars on his wrist and smiled. ‘Not long now Minho, for you and I shall be together again’

~

Minho used the spare shirt he had in his bag to change into; he had already washed the bit of blood from his other shirt. Before he then hung it over the bath side. After that he then wiped the dry blood from his nose when it had stopped bleeding.

Returning to the bedroom, the young Lee Taemin was trying to nudge the battery out from the broken watch. ‘Stupid battery –why are you burning out –I need you!!’ He snapped.

Minho frowned and walked over. ‘I won’t work again’ he stated.

‘Why not!’ Taemin snapped, looking at Minho and double taking as the black top Minho now wore was a little tighter than the last.

‘Because it’s all gooey and stuff’ Minho pointed out.

‘WELL I NEED IT!’ Taemin snapped suddenly, looking away from Minho and back at item. ‘That watch was for me, not you I worked hard and studied and made this perfect item, so I could –I bet you stole it from the old me –I bet you stole it so I could never save them!’

‘What?’ Minho said dumfounded.

‘I WANT MY PARENTS BACK –THEY NEED TO LIVE’ Taemin snapped. He jabbed the small penknife, at the broken watch and sobbed hard, hands gripping the table, he hung his head. ‘You stole it didn’t you–you stole it!’

Minho walked over quickly and with his arms on the boy’s biceps, he turned him to face him. ‘I didn’t steal it –okay –I didn’t, I promise you’

Taemin tried to pull away as Minho’s hands trailed down his arms, but Minho grabbed tight at his wrists. The boy cried out, yanking his left arm to his chest.

Minho looked down before he grabbed the arm back; lifting the shirt up to see the bloody dried tissue paper wrapped around his wrist and cello tape.

‘Taemin –what is this?’

‘Nothing let me go’ Taemin snapped.

‘Don’t do it’ Minho said. Snapping the cello tape with his thumb and ripping the tissue away. The wrist skin was a pinkie red, with mixture of red and scabbed line. Some parts looking a little infected. Taemin teared up as Minho kept holding tight while starring at it. Slowly Minho dragged Taemin over to his backpack. One hand searching for the small first aid kit, he nudged Taemin to sit on the bed. ‘Sit!’

Taemin obeyed and watched him carefully.

‘Let me wrap it up nicely’ Minho said with a sad smile. Taemin wiped at his eyes and watched as Minho pulled out a cream. He hissed as Minho first wiped along the cuts with an antiseptic wipe, then to rub the cream it into his sore flesh.

Minho then pulled out one of the many small bandage wraps he had. He placed a thin strip of cotton down over the still red seeping lines and then started wrapping the thin cotton bandage around to secure it.

‘Look I don’t know why you are hurting yourself. But there is a life ahead of you that you have to live okay’ Minho said. He used a small set of scissors to cut halfway and tucked the end under a wrap. ‘There’

‘I don’t want to live it’ Taemin said holding his bandaged wrist ‘I don’t have anybody now’ He pulled his knee’s up and hid his face in his knee’s. ‘The watch was to bring them back’ Taemin sobbed. ‘Not for you –it was for me to use, you have no idea what I’m going through –how I feel’

Minho sighed and sat beside the boy. ‘Look I’m sorry, Okay; I’m sorry, really sorry, and sorry that you are going through a hard time. But at least you had parents once. My father didn’t want to know me, my mother died when I was an infant. And for 16 years not one person wanted to adopt me at the Orphanage. If anyone should be trying to kill themselves it should be me. Do you know how I felt being a child watching couple after couple take child after child away?’ Minho swallowed the lump in his throat. ‘You say you don’t have anybody now, well I never had anybody, at least until I met you, well not you –the older you’ Minho groaned into his hands. ‘This is so confusing’

Taemin sniffled his tears and reached over putting a hand on Minho’s shoulder. ‘I –I didn’t know’ Taemin spoke. ‘Sorry’

Minho shrugged. ‘Its fine, life is life we can’t change it’

Taemin nodded in agreement. ‘I wanted to change my life though’ he looked at the watch. ‘But I guess I never did’ he swallowed. ‘So –was I a nice old man?’ he glanced at Minho who chuckle softly.

‘Yeah’ Minho smiled. Tears slowly filled his eyes. ‘He was the best’ he choked. ‘He was my best friend’

The male took a deep breath, as after not really taken the time to grieve Mr Lee’s death, by getting stuck into packing all his things, finally let out a loud sob.

The sound psychically made Taemin jump.

‘Why did he leave, -he –he should have let me-’ Minho held his hand to his face and cried hard. Slowly Taemin moved closer hugging Minho as an attempt of comfort. ‘Hey, hey’ he soothed, ‘I can’t have been that great –no need to cry –I’m kind of here still, just not old’ he said, trying to make the boy smile. ‘Don’t cry’

Minho half smiled and took in the scent of the boy, it was different to what he remembered but something was the same. ‘You don’t have that fruity smell’ He sniffled. ‘Mr Lee –He had that fruity smell’

‘Fruity?’ Taemin said eyebrow raised.

Minho sighed but nodded ‘Yeah’

~

When Minho felt that he had let the tears fall enough he finally moved from Taemin, his tummy grumbling. ‘Oh –erm I haven’t eaten all day. So do you, what I mean to say is....’

‘I’ll order takeaway’ Taemin spoke. ‘Then after –we need to talk’

‘Talk?’

‘About this’

‘This?’

‘Why you came back here’ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Well?? Yes No -Meh....Sigh....Comment pleaseeeese?')