*33

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33

 

“Jin-ah? Mimi?” Hyuna had been calling the twins’ for the last five minutes and she still haven’t heard anyone answering her. Their room was empty, so as the game room. Even the living room was silent.

 

“Agassi.” She was met by their ever kind butler, Butler Seo when she stepped inside the dining area.

 

“Where are the kids?” She can’t help but be worried, especially after she neglected them for the past hours. The darkness of her room became her comfort, giving her the solitude she needed.

 

But even after hours, nothing had lifted her spirits.

 

“Agassi. Sehun doryeonim arrived and picked up the kids after lunch. The kids said you were asleep when they went up to your room to say goodbye.” The middle aged man calmly told her, his answer giving her comfort.

 

As long as the kids were with the boys, she knew she doesn’t have anything to worry about.

 

“And Kris doryeonim came by agassi. He brought this for you.”

 

Butler Seo informed her, handing her the bouquet of stargazers that was on the table.  

 

Her eyes lingered on the flowers, her mind drifting back to what happened the previous night; which almost made her run back up to her room and lock herself in.

 

“Y-You can throw that a-away Butler Seo.” She avoided the man’s eyes, and cleared . The back of her eyes were starting to sting, a sign of her tears that were soon to erupt.

 

“Are you alright agassi?”

 

Is she okay?

 

It was the first time in 24 hours she heard someone ask her that. And she honestly had no idea what to answer.

 

Okay? Hurting? Disappointed? Dejected? Numb? How would she put her feelings into words?

 

She was clueless.

 

“I’ll live.” She joked, halfhearted. The kind man offered her a comforting smile, along with a meal she couldn’t say no to.

 

Soon enough, a couple of their house helpers served her dinner. She didn’t even have any idea that she was already starving not until she laid eyes on the meals that were served for her.

 

Their house helpers had known her for so long they already knew how to cheer her up, even for a bit. And with that, they also knew who can only make her feel that way.



 

Right after the heavenly dinner, Hyuna decided to have some fresh air. And the gazebo near their pool side was the perfect place for that.

 

The ever so kindly Butler Seo even brought her tea, one way to somehow calm her down.

 

And once left alone, she broke down in tears again. It was like her tears were endless; never stopping, like a dam that would burst anytime.

 

She was in so much pain.

 

Her future with Kris seemed so blurry all of a sudden. She was losing sight of the family they dreamed of, a complete and happy one. Everything about the two of them seemed so distant.

 

Not being with him for six years gave her hell. If it wasn’t for the twins, she would’ve gave up. But it’s like the past happening again. The past that she’s already let go. But it still haunted her.

 

Their relationship was going down the drain, again. Only now, she exactly knew why. No more holes that needs to be filled. It was crystal clear.

 

Her heart broke into million pieces overnight. It was starting to suffocate her so bad. And she always thought it was impossible for someone to feel so much pain that it was physically hurting her already.

 

Seven years ago, she barely had time to dwell on what happened to Kris because of the twins growing inside her. Her friends wouldn’t even let her  think about it for a minute. They always made sure she was preoccupied by her pregnancy.

 

Because they all knew she might end up with depression and that would harm the twins that were still inside her.

 

If only that was the case. But everything seemed harder to forget.

 

“Agassi.” She was pulled back from her thoughts when the kind old Butler Seo came looking for her with the phone on hand.

 

“Neh?” Hurriedly, she wiped her tears away and got up to meet him. The man gave her a sympathetic smile, handing her the phone.

 

“Joonmyeon doryeonim on the line. He said it’s urgent.” Butler Seol told her, and she immediately took the phone, answering the call.

 

“Neh oppa?” She called out, pressing the phone to her ear.

 

“Hyunah-ah. Are you okay?” The same question was asked. And she could only lie.

 

“I’ll live oppa. But is there something wrong? Butler Seo told me it’s urgent.” She diverted the topic to his reason of calling. It wouldn’t be nice if they would talk about her situation over the phone.

 

“It’s about the kids. We have a bit of problem here Hyun.” Joonmyeon’s voice suddenly changed to a worried one, which made her worry as well.

 

“Why? What happened? Are the kids okay?” She panicked a bit. She’s already dealing with Kris, it would already be a handful for her of something happened to the kids.

 

“They’re okay. It’s just they don’t want to go home. Mimi’s on Him mode and won’t even let any of us drive them home.” The guy sighed from the other line and she could hear Baekhyun’s voice trying to please her daughter.

 

Just by hearing it, she could tell it definitely was a huge situation.

 

“I’ll go there oppa. I’ll see you in 15 minutes.” She quickly ended the call, running off to her room to grab her things. Her kids were waiting for her.



 

It was a little after 8 when Kris received a call from Luhan saying his kids were both throwing tantrums and didn’t want to leave Joonmyeon’s pad. Knowing he could persuade his daughter, he quickly drove his way to his friend’s place.

 

Only to be caught in the most awkward situation he could be in.

 

“Hyuna.” He softly called, as he got to the lift. She was already inside it, her eyes giving him the most heartbreaking stare.

 

But he was answered with silence. Even until the doors closed, confining them inside the elevator with no one else.

 

He could only sigh.

 

Of course, she would be there. Their kids were there. And knowing her, she would definitely do everything to make sure both kids were fine.

 

But the silence wasn’t comfortable, not even a bit. It was like being suffocated. Hyuna was so close to him, with only less than a feet separating them. And it also felt like she was thousand of miles away.

 

“Hyun. Talk to me. Please.” He pleaded, facing her direction. But she was looking the other way, stubbornly blocking him.

 

He wanted to give up. It was a lost case. This time, what happened was something that might lead him to losing Hyuna and the kids. He knew, badly, that he screwed it. Everything he worked for was slowly slipping through his fingers.

 

But he’s a man who never gave up. He can’t just let that happen so easily. He won’t give up without fighting.

 

His hand reached for the emergency stop button, making Hyuna jump in surprise as the lift suddenly stopped. They were stuck somewhere in the middle of the building. There were just the two of them, and that’s what he wanted.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” He was met by the coldest eyes he’d ever seen.

 

“I want us to talk. Just hear me out, please.” He begged this time.

 

But she remained stone cold; her face void of any emotions.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

 

She took a step forward, about to reach for the button again.

 

No. He wouldn’t waste his t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter