*22

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad."

 

"Mom."

 

"Daddy."

 

"Mommy."

 

"Wake up." Kris groaned, rolling on to his stomach to cover himself from whoever was waking him up.

 

"Daddy!!!!" The pillow was yanked away from him, forcing him to wake up.

 

"Mimi? Jin? What's wrong?" Replacing the two excited voices was a soft one coming from beside him.

 

Then it all dawned on him. They were currently in Jeju for a vacation. He's in the same room and same bed with Hyuna.

 

Kim Hyuna.

 

"Can we go swimming?" His daughter asked and he decided to fully wake up, peering his eyes open to see his kids hovering over their mom.

 

"Isn't it too early?" He asked, announcing he's already up. The twins them crawled over to him, Mimi excitedly climbing on his lap.

 

"But our swimming teacher told us swimming in the morning is good for health." Jin retorted cutely, pouting. He glanced at Hyuna, and saw her gave up to their requests as she got up.

 

"Alright. But you have to eat breakfast." She bargained and the twins enthusiastically nodded their heads. Is it even possible to be that excited early in the morning?

 

"I'll go watch them while you cook." He volunteered, getting out from the bed as well. After both doing their morning routines and Hyuna changing the twins into their swimsuits, they all headed downstairs.

 

The whole house remained quiet, a sign everyone was still in deep sleep. Which was better. He gets to spend time with just the twins, and maybe Hyuna as well.

 

"Come on. We can swim while waiting for mommy." He urged the kids and headed out to the pool. The water was deep and he was glad he prepared floatees for the both of them.

 

"Don't stay too far away from daddy, alright?" He reminded the two who were both in their floatees.

 

The three of them were just enjoying the water when Hyuna came out carrying a tray filled with foods. He didn't even need to tell the twins twice and they willingly got out of the water.


 

French toasts with bacons and fresh strawberries. And a separate bowl of cereals, whom he was pretty sure was for Hyuna herself.

 

"Cereals." It surprised him a bit, how Hyunjin happily claimed the bowl. He knew Hyuna never really liked French toast, but she loved making them for him. And obviously, for Mimi as well.

 

"He doesn't like it too?" He directed at Hyuna,and she only shook her head.

 

"But Mimi loved it." They both turned to Mimi who was enjoying the delicious bread, strawberry juices smearing the corner of her lips.

 

He couldn't stop himself from smiling, knowing his kids got a few of his traits. It gave him some kind of connection to them, like he's seeing himself on them.

 

They finished breakfast in peace, the twins excitedly jumping back into the water after. He was watching the kids from where the table was, while waiting for Hyuna to finish her fruit bowl and tea. They were both in silence, but it felt comfortable already. Somehow, he could tell that the wall between them was slowly coming down.

 

And he preferred it that way.

 

"Do you mind watching them again? I'll just go change." He heard her ask, and it made him smile a bit, knowing she's already talking to him.

 

"Of course. You don't have to ask." He flashed her a smile, which she acknowledged with a small smile to his surprise.

 

Hyuna finally smiled at him. He finally got a reaction from her that doesn't include rolling her eyes or scoffing. Could it be a sign that there's still a way for him to mend everything between them?


 

"Daddy? Where's mom?" Hyunjin asked as he joined them in the water, swimming close to Hyunmi.

 

"She went upstairs to change. Wae?" He glanced at the balcony door and still no signs of Hyuna.

 

"Is mommy mad at you?" Hyunmi asked next, surprising him. Two pairs of eyes were intently looking at him, as they wait for him to answer.

 

But he had no idea how he would answer them. He can't just tell them that he and their mom aren't really in the best terms now, can he?

 

"No. Of course not princess. Why did you ask that?" He tried to keep his cool, as he looked at his kids.

 

"Because you don't act like the other parents. Or like Dani noona and Sehun samchon." His son answered, curiously looking at him.

 

"Don't you love mommy?" Hyunmi questioned him, suddenly looking sad. Even Hyunjin's expression changed when his daughter dropped the question.

 

It was like his kids were teaming up on him. And it was hard.

 

But he knew himself that he couldn't lie to them. Not to his kids.

 

"I love her. Like the way I love the two of you so much." A small smile was plastered on his face as he answered. Both his children's faces lit up, their smiles widening as they cheered.

 

"Mommy loves you too!" Hyunmi blurted out excitedly, and he felt his heart skipped a beat.

 

"Really?"

 

The twins nodded their heads vigorously.

 

"She always tell us that she loves you so much. And she kept a picture of you under her pillow." His son confirmed but he was doubtful. It could be she was just telling them that to hide the fact that he barely knew they existed before.

 

"Are you going home now to our house then?" The twins had endless questions for him which was getting harder and harder to answer. It has almost been two months since that same question was raised. But he never knew still how he could answer that.

 

"Maybe once daddy is done with his works. Okay?" He faked a smile and the two just nodded. It kinda surprised him that their kids understood their jobs needs. Maybe they grew up, getting used to it.

 

"Mommy!" He turned his head towards the direction where his children were looking at and saw Hyuna, emerging out of the balcony door.

 

And he felt the lump on his throat, seeing her. Kim Hyuna in all her glory, wearing a black bikini two piece. She was still gorgeous, probably even more. His heart was thumping hard against his chest, harder and harder as she walked closer.

 

"Daddy! Can we go to the beach now? I don't like these floatees." His eyes diverted from Hyuna back to his daughter who was squirming out her floatees. He cleared his throat and nodded.

 

"Come on, Jin-ah." Hyuna called their son over, and helped him out while he helped Hyunmi. The two went ahead, him and Hyunmi behind them.

 

"Your mommy looks very beautiful." He mindlessly told Hyunmi who was giggling on his arms.

 

"She is! Because she's my mom." The little girl giggled even more which made him chuckle.

 

They soon reached the beach and the twins excitedly ran their way to the water, leaving him and Hyuna to watch them. For no reasons at all, he felt awkward standing there beside her. She had her arms crossed against her chest, her eyes focused on the twins who were playing in the water.

 

"I don't know how you did it. All these years, taking care of them, and raising them." He blurted out of nowhere, his eyes trained on the lady beside him.

 

That broke her trance, and she craned her head to look at him. Their eyes met, and goosebumps crawled its way to his body.

 

"I'm sorry. For not trusting you." He continued, not daring to break their eye contact. He watched how her eyes flashed with warmth, and his eyes drifted down to her soft pinkish lips.

 

How he missed the old days when she was his. When she would always find comfort in his arms.

 

"Don't you think you're a bit too late for that?" She countered, small lines appearing on her forehead.

 

He shook his head, smiling as he turned to the two kids playing in the water.

 

"Nothing is too late when it comes to winning back the person you vow to love forever."



 

The whole place was quiet when Joonmyeon descended the stairs. Seems like everyone was still enjoying their slumber, loving the amazing breeze by the beach. Deciding to make himself some coffee, he was greeted by Sehun and Daeun, already making breakfast.

 

"I thought no one's awake yet." He said, after greeting them. Daeun volunteered on making him his cup, which he thanked her for.

 

"We thought so too." Sehun answered then nudged his head towards the balcony door. His eyes followed the direction and a smile appeared on his face seeing a wonderful family of four enjoying by the beach.

 

They could even hear the faint laughter coming from the twins.

 

"Even Hyuna eonnie is enjoying." Daeun pointed out, serving him his cup of steaming hot coffee.

 

From his spot, he could see Hyuna and Kris chasing the kids around who were clearly enjoying the game with their parents.

 

"Let them be. The kids deserve it." He smiled, just watching his friends and the two little sunshines of their lives.

 

"And them too." Luhan, who just walked in, added. "It's been years since we all last saw that smile on Hyuna's face." The newcomer added, watching the same thing with a faint smile on his face.


 

Soon enough, everyone crowded the kitchen, awe-ing at the family not too far away. All of their friends knew when was the last time they all saw Hyuna smile so radiantly. And that was before Kris left. Now that he's back, it made him and all their friends happy to see Hyuna slowly coming back to her real self.

 

It was undeniable. They love each other still.

 

They were almost done with their breakfast when Kris entered through the balcony door, carrying a laughing Hyunjin on his shoulder, while Hyuna followed with Hyunmi. The newcomers were all smiles, obvious that they had a good time.

 

"You guys are up." Hyuna, who even looked surprise seeing them inside the kitchen.

 

"You all looked like you enjoyed the water." Kyungsoo commented as he picked up Mimi, who was enthusiastically nodding her head.

 

"Daddy made me a sand castle!" The little girl beamed, making the adults chuckle. From the corner of his eyes, Joonmyeon studied Hyuna who was laughing as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter