CHAPTER 6

Ugly Mistake

Jessica startled from her sleep when her electronic alarm clock rang out lond across the room. She barely remembered having an alarm clock, let alone set the alarm clock herself. Yuri might be the one she can blame. The only problem is she never woke up when the alarm rang. Honestly it was useless setting up alarm clock for her. But nowadays, after she got pregnant, she barely sleep. She didn't know whether that was because of hormone or maybe she was worrying a little bit too much.

 

The alarm somehow stopped ringing, but Jessica can't even find a tiny bit of energy to rise from the silky sheet. She rolled and tried to absorb the silkiness of the sheet. She needed to prepare her heart and soul because she knew she got freaking busy week waiting for her. Hoisting herself up from the silky bed, she headed toward the bedroom and get ready for the day. They supposed to have a talk show recording this evening and she knew that she had so many hours to prepare, but still she wake up. This was so not her. She used to spend her precious minute sleeping when she found some free time. But now, she can't sleep. She can even do things that she likes anymore. This was like a torture to her. People don't call her sleepy head for no reason right?

 

After spending some good time in the bathroom, Jessica finally came out from it. Thanks goodness that they have no longer shared their bathroom. She rubbed her long silky hair with the towel and approached her nightstand. Her phone was beeping, indicating someone's was calling her. She set her phone on silent mode when she slept. Usually she didn't since she can't hear a thing once she entered her dream land. Now was different. She transformed into another person once she get pregnant. She hated people interrupting when she in her dream land and obviously she needed to set it to silence mode.

 

“hello,” she greeted.

 

“Jessica,” her manager’s voice met her ears.

 

“neh oppa,” she replied.

 

“sajang-nim decided that you should be given some rest today. You don’t have to join the rest for the talk show. God knows what are they going to ask with your presence,” her manager said.

 

“well then, I will have no schedule for the rest of the day?” she asked to confirm.

 

“yes. Take this one of your reward. You like to sleep in right? have a good rest. I’ll see you tomorrow,” her manager said. Jessica disconnected the call. She sat on her bed. Now she didn’t have to join her members for the talk show. Of course she can’t. Her company was not stupid to send her to that kind of show where they knew her secrets will be dug out from the grave. So Jessica thought, maybe she can go out and do something to make her mind busy. She can’t just sit around and think about that problem, could she? Before this, she would kill to have this free time. Only if she knew that she will be this near-dead kind of boring, she will never ask for it anymore.

 

Jessica grabbed her iphone that laying at the exact place where she put a few minutes ago. She scrolled down her contact lists and searched for any name that she thought can accompany her for the rest of the day. She excluded her group members since they needed to be ready for the schedule. Jessica sighed. She didn’t know who to invite.

 

“maybe, I should go alone. I can’t remember the last time I went shopping alone,” she said to herself. She stood up and walked toward her wardrobe. Her hand scanned through her clothes and she settled down with a pair of pastel peach skinny jeans with white blouse. She quickly dressed up and put some make-up on her face. She decided to go with all natural look on her face. After a few moments in front of the mirror, she readied to go.

 

“where are you going?” Yuri asked when she was inside the living room. Jessica looked around for her shoes. She chose a pair of white pumps to match her outfit. “out. I’m going for window shopping. I’m not joining you guys this evening. Currently, I am restricted to do any of those activities for obvious reasons,” she said. She sat beside Yuri on the couch while holding her shoes.

 

“you better wear flat shoes rather than pumps. You might accidentally fall because of that,” Yuri suggested.

 

“nope. I feel like I want to wear high heels today. And Jessica Jung never tripped in her high heels. Thanks for the advice anyway,” she said arrogantly.

 

Yuri laughed and shook her head. “are going alone?” Jessica replied with a nod. “I don’t feel like hanging out with people. It has been long time doing this kind of window shopping all by myself,” she said before standing.

 

“see you tonight. Have fun with Radio Star,” Jessica said to Yuri. “don’t talk too much about me,” she continued.

 

“you can hope that Jessica but I think half of the questions will be about you mainly, Yoona and Soo Young. God, you guys are so popular,” Yuri said while smiling. Jessica growled silently. That’s why her company prevented her to be there. With yesterday’s news, she will be the main focus. And of course she can’t be in the same room with Tiffany. Things have been so awkward after what happened and what she did.

 


(Time Square)

Jessica looked around her. The place looked less crowded that usual. It was still early, that’s explained why. Jessica liked to spend her free time here. Everything she needed was just around herself. Today, she had all day long and she was going to spend it leisurely. There was no need to be rush. She didn’t bother to cover herself. She knew that sooner she will be crowded with fans but, she prayed silently in her heart that people won’t recognize her despite of her famous face.  She can hope right?

 

Yuri said she was just digging her own grave. The gossip about her and Nichkhun was still we can say hot topic, but here she was, looking around a less than normal crowded shopping mall without making an effort to cover herself. ‘who cares?’ she shrugged. She strode across the sideway, passing shop after shop. There were some items that caught her attention. She stopped and looked before walking again.

 

Her feet stopped at a child clothing store. All necessities for babies hanging inside the shop and she couldn’t help but stopped. She sighed. Why of all places…

 

“Jessica!! Sica, here,” Jessica heard someone was calling her name inside the store. Jessica scanned across the store area and saw a familiar face waving at her.

“unnie!” she replied with the exact tone that her friend used. She walked inside the store.

 

“long time no see Jessica. how are you?” she asked while hugging Jessica.

 

“min young unnie. I miss you sooooo much,” she said to her favorite unnie. Park Minyoung smiled at her. “what are you doing here unnie?” Jessica asked.

 

“shopping,” she replied shortly.

 

“I know. but in this exact shop. You don’t have a secret child, do you?” Jessica said mischievously. Park Minyoung laughed at her joke.

 

“ya. I’m not like that. I’m with my niece. Speaking of which, where is she? Aleyna, Aleyna, come here dear,” she called. Jessica looked around and her eyes met someone that you can call a goddess. She was so beautiful and cute and… seriously, that child looked so beautiful.

“wow, she’s your niece?” she asked.

 

“yes. My sister’s daughter. Her father is a Turkish. She’s beautiful right?” Minyoung asked with proud tone.

 

“I don’t how to express how beautiful she is,” Jessica said.

 

“anyounghaseyo,” she said shyly. Her accent captured Jessica more. Minyoung squatted beside the girl and brought her closer to Jessica.

 

“Jessica, this is Aleyna Yilmaz, and Nana, this is Jessica Jung,” Jessica looked at the girl. She smiled shyly while holding her hand toward her. Jessica accepted her hand and shook it slowly.

 

“hey Aleyna, nice meeting you. you’re so beautiful,” Jessica said to her.

 

“nice meeting you to unnie. You’re beautiful too,” she said before hiding behind her auntie.

 

“I am nothing compared to you dear,” she said.

 

“ok, enough for introduction. What are you doing today Sica?” asked Park Minyoung.

 

“Nothing. I’m just walking around and then I saw you. I don’t have plan particularly actually,” she confessed.

 

“so, today is your go-with-the-wind-day? So, why don’t you join us? I’m taking Nana to amusement park and if you don’t mind, you can join us,” Park Minyoung asked. Jessica’s eyes lit with excitement once she heard her invitation.

 

“of course. If you don’t think my presence will disturb your niece-auntie moment, then I’m glad to join in,” Jessica eagerly agreed. Aleyna nodded shyly.

 

“she’s so shy,” Jessica pointed. Park Minyoung nodded. “it happens when she met someone that she likes so much. Nana, tell her how much you like this unnie,” Aleyna looked at Jessica nervously. Jessica laughed at her action.

 

“we will spend our day together today, Nana. I’m so honored to be spending time with you,” Jessica said.

 

“we are doing some shopping for Nana. Mind to help me Jessica?” Park Minyoung asked toward Jessica. “Nana, this unnie’s hand is like magic once come to fashion,” Park Minyoung said.

 

“unnie, you make me embarrassed,” Jessica replied. They both then laughed.

 

“so Nana, I’m all yours today. So, let’s get started will ya?” Jessica said.

 


 

Nichkhun walked along the sideway. He was thinking to find something that he can buy for Tiffany. He knew he can’t just meet her without any present as bait. Of course he knew that the possibility it was going to be thrown out was high but, it was worth a try right? He passed a group of people who were currently gathered outside a child clothing store. Luckily, he made enough effort to cover himself unrecognized. Nichkhun looked at the direction where people are taking pictures. Then his eyes captured that familiar face. She was smiling brightly while holding a dress. He looked around him and silently slit into the store.

 

Nichkhun slowly made his way towards Jessica. He can see she was currently talking to a girl. She handed the girl the dress that she chose and the said girl went inside the fitting room. Then she roamed across the space. She then stopped at the area where newborn’s clothing was displayed. Nichkhun could see her expression from where he stood. He saw her hand touched one of the clothing. Her expression went from excited to somewhere unreadable. However, he could say that she must be thinking of something. Something that was obviously growing inside her now. Her… their baby, Nichkhun swallowed hard at that thought.

 

“Unnie,” he heard the girl called. She was out from the fitting and currently showing her the dress. He saw a brighter smile on Jessica’s face. “you look good in that dear. I’ll buy you that dress,” Jessica said.

 

“aniya. You shouldn’t have,” said another voice. Nichkhun recognized her. He knew that was one of Jessica close friends.

 

“unnie, let me. Take it as a gift for Nana,” Jessica said. Park Minyoung finally nodded. Jessica made her way towards the counter. She paid the dress and three of them exited the store. She was waving politely towards the crowd. Nichkhun was trailing behind them, keeping a safe distance between them. He didn’t know why but he wanted to follow them. Deep inside his heart, he wanted to see Jessica’s interaction with the child.

 

Nichkhun saw them exited the mall and walked toward the parking lot. Luckily, Nichkhun parked his car nearby. He quickly hopped inside his car and slowly followed them. He knew that if he got caught, he will be in trouble again. But again, who cares? He shrugged.

 


(Lotte World Adventure)

 

Aleyna skipped around happily. She and Jessica have somehow become close during their shopping session. As close as the shy Aleyna could be.  Park Minyoung smiled softly at both of them. A moment later, she felt her phone vibrating. She looked at the screen and grinned.

 

“Sica, I gotta take this call. Nana, don’t skip around like that. Be careful,” she said.

 

“yes, auntie,” she said while skipping happily. Still. Park Minyoung shook her head. “Unnie, let’s ride those,” she pointed at one of the ride, the gyro ride. “Nana, I don’t think you can ride that swing. It’s only for adult,” Jessica said. She frowned. Jessica squatted beside her. “What about that?” Jessica pointed toward carousel.

 

“that’s so boring,” Aleyna pouted. That kid was so adventurous.

 

“at least can we ride that bumper car?” Aleyna finally said. Jessica hesitated. Well, that could be least dangerous ride that fit Aleyna’s taste, but with her current condition, she can’t ride those. And Aleyna can’t ride alone. She scanned for Park Minyoung. Maybe she can ride with Aleyna.

 

“I want to ride it with you,” Aleyna stated. ‘Ok, another problem,’  Jessica thought. Park Minyoung was still nowhere to be seen and Aleyna was already about to throw a tantrum. ‘I getting rid of the baby anyway. So, I don’t have to care about doing something harmful to it,’ Jessica thought.

 

“okay, let’s ride those bumper car,” she decided. She held Aleyna’s small hand and walked toward the line.

 

“I don’t think that’s a wise choice,” Jessica jumped at the voice. She turned around and saw Nichkhun standing behind her. His head was covered with a snowcap and he still wore his aviator. And he’s inside the building.

 

“I don’t think you coming here and talking with me is a wise choice either,” Jessica replied. Aleyna looked at both of them with curious look.

 

“it’s not good for your condition,” Nichkhun said. “you might hurt… the thing,” Nichkhun hesitated and called it thing instead of baby.

 

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about,” Jessica ignored his concern.

 

Nichkhun was about to reply but the girl’s voice stopped him. “unnie, who’s he?” she said.

 

“he’s no one Nana. Let’s go,” Jessica said, encouraging Aleyna to follow her.

 

“hey, I’m Nichkhun. Your unnie’s friend,” Nichkhun said while bending his tall posture. He was now at the same eye level with Aleyna. He held his hand toward the girl. She looked at Jessica, asking for permission. Jessica looked away at first. She sighed before introducing both of them.

 

“why don’t you ride it with me?” Nichkhun suggested. He pointed toward the bumper car. “I drive faster you know,” he continued.

 

“can I unnie?” she asked, obviously afraid that Jessica won’t allow her.

 

“okay,” she said after a long silence filled between them.

 

“yay!” Aleyna jumped in excitement. “can we ride the adult one instead?” she suggested.

 

“No! Nana, only the child ride,” Jessica shrieked. Nichkhun laughed at her retort. “No Nana, once you are old enough, you can ride those with your love one. Plus, we will more fun bumping on their cars right?” Aleyna looked at the cars that were filled with kids and their parents. She smiled cunningly.

 

“okay,” she said before tugging Nichkhun toward the entrance. Jessica gapped at the sight. How can she become that friendly with Nichkhun that quickly? She was so shy with her and with Nichkhun, it was total opposite.

 

Jessica looked at both of them, driving around the space, bumping on other kids’ cars. Aleyna laughing happily everytime Nichkhun bumped on other cars.

 

“Where’s Nana?” Jessica heard Park Minyoung asked her. She spun around and saw her standing beside her.

 

“oh, I forget to tell you that Minho oppa is joining us,” she said once she saw Jessica’s eyes stared at her boyfriend.

 

“hello oppa,” Jessica said to the guy. Lee Minho nodded his head politely.

 

“who’s riding the car with her?” Park Minyoung asked. “is that Nichkhun?” she continued to ask.

 

“yeap,” Jessica replied shortly.

 

“how does he…” Park Minyoung didn’t finish her question.

 

“I don’t know. ask him yourself,” nonchalantly, she replied.

 

“owh. Is it true? The rumors about you and him,” her unnie asked. Jessica shrugged. “it’s a misunderstanding,” Jessica started. “but it’s a long story and I can’t tell you here,” she continued. Her eyes glued at the laughing girl with her handsome driver. Aleyna saw them and waved happily.

 

“Nana was kind of adventurous kid. I bet you have a hard time convincing her to get on the child ride,” Park Minyoung said. Jessica laughed.

 

“she wanted to ride that gyro ride,” Jessica confessed.

 

“as expected,” Park Minyoung replied.

 

“auntie, that was a fun ride. Thank you for driving that car, Nichkhun oppa,” Aleyna said. Nichkhun smiled handsomely. He changed greetings with both Park Minyoung and Lee Minho. Jessica somehow realized that he already taken off his aviator. She scoffed once she saw his proud expression plastered on his face.

 

“Nana, let’s go with me,” Park Minyoung said. She obviously wanted to give space to Nichkhun and Jessica but Aleyna hesitated to leave Nichkhun and Jessica’s side.

 

“unnie, why don’t you leave Nana with us. You can go enjoy your date with oppa,” Jessica said.

 

“is it okay with you?” Lee Minho asked.

 

“sure. I’m not getting on any ride. So I can watch her playing around,” Jessica said.

 

“well, if you said that…” both of them stood up. They promised to meet again at the exact place 2 hour later.

 

“what about some ice-cream,” Aleyna dragged both of them toward the ice-cream parlour.

 

“peppermint ice-cream with choco syrup on top,” Aleyna said her order.

 

“she’s unique,” Nichkhun said. Jessica nodded. “what about you?” Nichkhun asked her.

 

“plain vanilla,” she said.

 

“seriously? Just plain vanilla?” Nichkhun asked to confirm.

 

“wae? Is it weird to eat plain vanilla ice-cream?” she asked. Nichkhun shrugged before leaving to order. Jessica and Aleyna found a table for them three.

 

“here, peppermint ice-cream with choco syrup on top for the beautiful princess, plain vanilla for the ice goddess, and this butter pecan is for the handsome prince,” Nichkhun said while placing their cups in front of them. Jessica rolled her eyes at his choice of words.

 

“handsome prince my a**” Jessica said in lower tone but Nichkhun can hear it. He smirked.

 

“I don’t know the innocent Jessica has the ability to curse too,” he replied.

 

“you don’t know me and could you PLEASE stop giving me nicknames,” Jessica retorted.

 

“I have fun,” Nichkhun shrugged.

 

“do you always like the peppermint ice-cream, princess,” Nichkhun changed his target toward Aleyna. She was nodding her head happily.

 

“it tastes like toothpaste. I love toothpaste,” Nichkhun laughed at the innocent reply.

 

“well, I love toothpaste too,” he replied and Aleyna giggled at his words.

 

Jessica looked at both of them. She somehow saw her future with him. She, Nichkhun and their daughter sitting around and laughing at his silly comments. Things can’t be that bad, is it? Jessica shook her head at that thought. How can she ever consider about having family with him? Her decision was firm. There’s no her, him and their daughter. It was wrong to put them together in the same sentence at the first place.

 

“what’s wrong?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“nothing,” she replied shortly.

 

“what about riding that ferris wheel after this?” Nichkhun said.

 

“I don’t like it,” Aleyna replied.

 

“but I like it,” Nichkhun said with his pleading expression. Aleyna softened.

 

“okay. But I might fall asleep,” she warned. Nichkhun laughed at her comment, thinking that she was joking.

 

“oh, don’t worry. I’ll hold you if you fall asleep,” he said. “you’re coming too,” Nichkhun said to Jessica. It was not a question. It was more like an instruction.

 

“well, I don’t want to. I don’t take instruction from people. Especially people like you,” Jessica said.

 

“you don’t have a choice,” he said before dragging both Jessica and Aleyna toward the said ride.

 


 

“she’s sleeping?” asked park minyoung.

 

“yeap,” Jessica said while looking at the sleeping Aleyna in Nichkhun’s arm. “right after we ride the Ferris wheel,” Jessica continued. She heard Park Minyoung laughed at her later words. “so I guess we should shortened our trip today,” she said through the phone. Jessica called her once they get off from the ride.

 

“I guess so. She was so worn out,” Jessica stated.

 

“okay, I will be there in a minute,” she said before disconnecting the call.

 

Jessica looked at Nichkhun. “She’s coming. I think we better sit somewhere,” Jessica said.

 

After 10 minutes of waiting, she saw Park Minyoung walking towards them with her boyfriend trailing behind her. “I’m sorry to keep you waiting,” she said. Nichkhun handed Aleyna to Lee Minho.

 

“thank you for taking care of her,” Park Minyoung said.

 

“we have so much fun with her,” Nichkhun said.

 

“I guess we should say good bye now,” Lee Minho said.

 

“see you around, Jessica, Nichkhun-shi,” Park Minyoung said. “call me,” she said toward Jessica before the three of them disappeared through the crowd.

 

“I think I should be going,” Jessica said.

 

“what about some dinner together,” Nichkhun said.

 

“what are doing, Nichkhun-shi? Do you realize that you being here will strike the idea of we already separated?” Jessica said. “you should spend your free time looking for your girlfriend,” Jessica continued.

 

“she doesn’t want to pick up my call. She has been rejecting my call since yesterday,” Nichkhun stated.

 

“that’s not my problem,” Jessica said. She walked through the crowd. People started looking at both of them. Actually, people were already looking at them during their encounter inside the theme park. However, they were too preoccupied with Aleyna, they barely registered anything occurred around them.

 

“stop following me! People are looking,” she said.

 

“people have been looking since we are inside,” Nichkhun replied.

 

“you’re doing nothing to make things good. You didn’t defend me during the meeting, and I bet you still couldn’t able to convince your boss about my plan and now, you’re making people speculate at us!” she said in angry tone. Slow, but angry.

 

Nichkhun was about to replied before he was stopped with stream of photographers once they walked outside the theme park. Jessica panicked and Nichkhun tried to stay cool.

 

“Jessica, Nichkhun, is it true that you’re going to get married soon?” one of the reporters asked in loud tone. Crowd started to form around them.

 

Jessica’s eyes were blurred with the flash. She couldn’t think straight. ‘what was happening? What the hell was happening?’ she yelled in her head.

 


Well, hello there. how have you been? Miss me? hahaha. 

i'm having so much fun writing this chapter. i'm so in love with this Aleyna kid. she is so beautiful. what a blasted gene she has.

again i'm sorry if the update was a bit late. please do understand me will ya. i know you guys are so supportive and reading your comments make my days. you guys make me smile. thanks for the compliments. believe me whenever i have chance to online, i will check your comments. i know my level of writing is nowhere if compare with other writers but, having you guys really boost up my spirit. actually, i didn't imagine this chapter to happen. i was kind of spontaneously write it and surprisingly, i love it so much. so i hope you guys do too.

i was currently watching the heirs (i know the drama completed months ago and you guys must be surprise i still got time to watch drama during the hectic time of my life. hehe, i need my vitamin too.), and i'm so in love with choi young do with yoo rachel. maybe, just maybe whenever i have some free time, i want to do fanfiction about two of them. i know, you guys will push me to just complete ugly mistake but the temptation is really unbearable. haha.

so, as usual, happy reading and if you have some spare time, do leave your comments, thoughts or whatever below. your comments make my days. you should know that. and for those new subscribers, welcome onboard.

Love, Arinalee