CHAPTER 7

Ugly Mistake

Nichkhun stared at the crowds. Flashes from the cameras started to blur his sight. He looked at Jessica who was currently stood like a statue. Nichkhun wore his sunglasses. ‘we need to get out of this crowd,’ he thought. He looked at Jessica and then changed his glances towards the crowds. There was no way they can pass through them. With Jessica’s condition and the crowd, they will stuck there forever.

 

Nichkhun lowered his head and slowly whispered his plan to Jessica. “Jessica, we need to get out of here,” he said. Jessica nodded her head.

 

“do you believe me?” he asked.

 

“this is all your freaking fault. You better pay for this,” she said.

 

“I know but obviously I can’t pay you if we stuck here. We don’t have much time. Can you run?” Nichkhun asked her. Jessica looked down, toward her pair of white pumps. Now she regretted not taking Yuri’s suggestion for wearing flat shoes.

 

“I never run. Whatever condition I was in, Jessica Jung will never run. You know my motto right. never run no matter how late you are!” she said nonchalantly.

 

“seems like you have to break through the rules,” Nichkhun said before tugging her hand without notice. Nichkhun started to make his way through the crowd.

 

“Ya!! You should warn me before tugging me you idiot!” Jessica cursed in slow voice.

 

“I have no time for that. we should move before more people coming in,” Nichkhun said.

 

Then one of the photographers blocked their way. “Nichkhun-shi. Can you please answer one question? We promise that we won’t bother your date,” he said while eyeing them both. Nichkhun and Jessica were surrounded in a blink of eye. Nichkhun sighed inwardly.

 

“I will not answer any question. So does her. Well, if you can excuse us,” Nichkhun said before moving again.

 

“Jessica-shi, how long have you both been dating? Are both of the agencies realizes about the relationship,” people kept asking. Jessica was about to lose her temper but she needed to keep the façade. Her short legs started to hurt. Nichkhun was walking far too fast for her not-so-long legs.

 

“again I told you, we will not say anything. Can you give us some space, PLEASE,” Nichkhun emphasized the word please. He can’t yell. He really wanted to yell. For God sake, these people knew no mercy. He kept leading Jessica toward his car. He stopped and opened the passenger’s door.

 

“I will go back with my car,” Jessica refused.

 

“no. they will follow you and you’ll never escape from them. Come with me and I’ll lure them for not following us,” Nichkhun said. He pushed Jessica into the car. He closed the door and moved to his side.

 

“you can’t just push me into the car,” Jessica yelled at her. Her face reddened. Nichkhun knew Jessica will not keep her anger once they were inside the car and he was ready for her burst. He ignored her and kept driving the car.

 

“oh my God, I knew this will happen once I saw you following us. Why do you follow me in the first place?” Jessica kept asking.

 

I don’t have the answer either,’ Nichkhun’s answer echoed inside his head.

 

“there will be thousands of pictures of us after this and that will bring no good to any of us. Do you ever consider that before following me?” Jessica said.

 

“why don’t you spare your so called free time with your precious girlfriend? Why do have to bother me? Don’t your brain has no cell to think? Don’t you mature enough to understand the condition? Why you, of all people must appear in my life like this?” Jessica retorted.

 

“can you keep quiet for a moment?” Nichkhun replied in opposite tone that Jessica used.

 

Well, of course Jessica didn’t do what he said. She continued whining and loading him with her angers. “can you shut your mouth for a moment?!!” Nichkhun banged his steering and Jessica yelped in return. “don’t you see that I’m driving? Do you want to die?” Nichkhun said while his eyes still on the road.

 

“I know that this is my fault and I’m sorry okay. I’m sorry I don’t have enough brain cells to think straight. But please, just at this moment, keep your mouth shut. Don’t make me do something that you’ll regret,” Nichkhun threatened her. Jessica calmed down after hearing his angry tone. Well, she might be stubborn head girl but seeing rarely angry Nichkhun made shut automatically.

 

Jessica sighed and looked outside the car. She didn’t realize that the car was too fast for her taste. She looked at Nichkhun who was still had anger pestered on his face. His grip was so tight and his knuckle whitened. “can you at least slow down a bit?” Jessica asked. Nichkhun ignored her.

 

“what a jerk,” Jessica mumbled and Nichkhun happened to overhear her.

 

“what did you just say?” he asked.

 

“oh nothing,” she replied. “where are you going to drop me?” she asked.

 

“your parents’ house? I expect your dorm will be full with reporters,” Nichkhun said. She nodded in return.

 

Silence fell in the space between them. Jessica looked outside the car. Nichkhun had slow down a bit. After the awkward silent moment, Nichkhun’s phone rang loudly. Nichkhun grabbed his phone and looked at the screen. He cursed inwardly once he learnt who the caller was.

 

“hello. Yes hyung. Yes, I’m with her,” Jessica heard he said.

 

“to the office? But… okay. We will be there in a minute,” he said.

 

Jessica looked at him. The caller seemed to tell him something. Nichkhun’s hand tensed and Jessica thought he was nearly broke the steering. “arasso. See you later,” he said before disconnecting the call.

 

“it’s jinyoung hyung,” Nichkhun said before Jessica got the chance to ask.

 

“he wanted us to be at his office now. And your sajang-nim is also on the way there,” he continued.

 

“did the news already spread? It’s like 15 minutes ago,” Jessica said.

 

“it’s seems like you underestimate the power of social network,” Nichkhun said before speeding to his office. He screwed, he knew. But he had to go through it.

 

***************************************

(JYP’s Building)

 

“so, this is your so-called plan, Nichkhun?” Park Jinyoung asked. He ‘presented’ them with their current pictures. He stood in front both of them. He slowly raised his hand and massaged his throbbing temple.

 

“I think there’s no use denying about your relationship anymore,” he looked at both of them while referring to the pictures.

 

“but that’s not my fault!! It’s him who followed me around. I don’t plan to meet him or what not,” Jessica said.

 

“why, Nichkhun, why did you follow her? You do understand about your whole situation right? people are talking about you. The issue was just come out a few days ago for God sakes!!” as usual, Nichkhun didn’t dare to speak. He was just stared at his boss. Jessica sighed.

 

“hyung-nim, I think, we should tell the press about the wedding. Jessica-shi, Nichkhun, I think you better tell your parents about this too. There’s no other plan! I’ve got tons of call asking me to confirm about your relationship,” JYP said.

 

Jessica stood up from where she sat. “this is all because of you! why did you have to come and ruin everything. Seriously I don’t understand why you did that. First you take my ity. Then you stole my career and life when this baby comes around. And when I have the chance to change everything, you ruin it. How can people believe us when all those prove tell different stories,” Jessica let out everything inside her heart. She didn’t care of people around her. She looked straight in Nichkhun’s eyes.

 

“what you did is… well, you did nothing. On top of that, you go make different speculation about us. Really, do you really hate me that much? Why don’t you just let me go with my life!!” Jessica cried. Lee Soman stood up and approached her.

 

“Jessica, calm down. Hey, I know you don’t want this to happen but we have no other choice, do we? Listen to me, maybe, this will bring you good. Remember, everything that happens in our lives, there must be a good reason behind it. Trust me okay,” Lee Soman said.

 

“what bring good to this? I will stuck with him for the rest of my life,” she continued sobbing. Her boss calmed her down.

 

“I’m sorry,” Nichkhun finally spoke. Jessica stared at him. if look could kill, Nichkhun will probably die right now.

 

“your sorry will not change anything,” she said. She wiped the tears on her cheeks. She was tired of crying. These few days totally tired her out. Everything that she did go wrong. How she wished that this was just a dream and she will wake up sooner. When she did, she will laugh out loud.

 

“I will arrange the meeting with the press and I expect both of you to join the press conference later. As for now, just… just avoid seeing each other until the wedding was announced. You both can go back home and talk to your parents. I will discuss with them the suitable date for the wedding,” JYP said.

 

Jessica wanted to retort. This was her life and everything went wrong in a second. But she was tired. She didn’t want to be here and she didn’t want to return home either. She knew what she will face if she returned to her group apartment. She bet everybody was waiting for her at this moment. She didn’t know whether she can face any of this anymore.

 

“your manager will sent you back to the apartment,” Lee Soman said. “go back home and have some rest. Don’t bother about this. I’ll settle everything and have you informed about the progress,” he continued. Jessica silently nodded before following her manager oppa.

 

******************************************

(2PM’s Apartment)

 

“Khun, khun, khun… I don’t know what should I say to you but one thing I am so sure about is, I want to punch you hard on your face. Seriously? I just come back from shooting and wallah!! I thought I was just hallucinating but, well. You are so unexpected,” Taecyeon said. He can’t believe with Nichkhun.

 

“punch me then,” Nichkhun said.

 

 Taecyeon sighed. He didn’t want to start a fight. But Nichkhun’s words were so tempting. “why did you do it? You hurt both Tiffany and Jessica. And I’m pretty sure the condition in their apartment will be worsen. Don’t you think about this before you act?”

 

“I don’t know myself either okay. I don’t plan to follow her today. I was out to find something for Tiffany and there she was. I knew the fact that I will cause trouble again if I was caught but I can’t stop myself from following her. Seeing her with that child make me think about the idea of having family with her. I know I was crazy to think things like that. I shouldn’t think about that at all. I have Tiffany and I love her so much. But at the same time, I have this weird feeling toward Jessica. It’s not like I fall in love with or something but I feel this kind of interaction that I can’t simply deny,” Nichkhun stopped talking. He let out a sigh.

 

Taecyeon sat opposite of him. “what did Jinyoung-hyung decide?,” he asked.

 

Nichkhun leaned toward the coach. “we will announce the wedding sooner than we are expected,” Nichkhun said. “there’s no way people is going to believe the earlier plan after today’s event,” Nichkhun continued.

 

“and it’s all because of you,” Taecyeon replied.

 

“I know. I want to re-do things and put them back into their places, but here I am, causing more mess,” there was no used of regretting. Things will not correct themselves.

 

*************************************

 

People said, every misfortune that we suffered was because of bad thing that we did in the past. What goes around comes around. Jessica knew that. She realized that she was not a saint person but she was not bad either. What did she do to suffer this? She looked at her furious friends. They were looking at her, asking for explanation. Who was going to believe her? No matter what she said, they won't consider any of it anymore.

 

"What are you going to say now?" Asked Sooyoung. Her tone was flat. She was not angry, just curious. Jessica sighed. She was tired of explaining. Damn Nichkhun for his stupid action. Now she had to face this hard time once again.

 

"You guys are not going to believe me even if I tell you the truth," she replied.

 

"How can we after you presented us with that kind of show?" Taeyeon said.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, we agreed about this, did we? We will not do anything before hearing Jessica's explanation," Sooyoung said. Taeyeon shut . Obviously they did discuss about this before confronting her.

 

"I'm tired of explaining, okay. Just please give me some space. I really need it after what happen today," Jessica was about to enter her room before she was stopped with Tiffany's sharp voice.

 

"Oh really? Don't you think I need to know what happen? I can't believe you, you know? Yesterday, you told us everything was just a mistake. You want to change everything and you don't want to be with him. And today, look what have we got? Do you know how shock we were when suddenly people at broadcasting studio kept talking behind our back? About our PRECIOUS ICE PRINCESS? You Are such a hypocrite," Tiffany spatted. She rose from her seat and stood in front of Jessica.

 

"You don't know about the truth and stop telling me that I'm the one to be blamed. Why don't you ask your precious boyfriend about it? Why did he follow me around? If it was not because of him, this stupid news will not exist!!," Jessica replied.

 

"He followed you? You don't plan to go out together? As if we are going to believe that," Tiffany said.

 

"See, that's what I mean. You'll not spend a second to consider my excuse," Jessica said.

 

"Please stop blaming me and Fany, as far as I remember you are the one who revealed about the baby to them. We agreed to reveal to the press about me and him were just used to be an item. If they didn't find out about the baby, this marriage will not happen! Guess what? Congratulation for ruining the only single change that I have. Don't you dare to put the blame on me because believe me, I'm not entirely at fault!!" She continued.

 

Her other members were clearly didn't know the truth. They didn't know the details during the meeting. Now they knew. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you guys what happen during the meeting because believe me I was trying to stop the wedding plan. I think I still have chance to stop it but then, after what happen today, I don't think I can. Well Tiffany, I guess you will lose him forever," Jessica revealed. Her members started to talk to one another.

 

"Whatever it is, I'm still the victim here. I still can't forgive you after what you have done," Tiffany said. Ignoring the chatters, she dashed for the door with Taeyeon, Seohyun and Sunny behind her. Seohyun and Sunny looked hesitated to follow but Tiffany also needed their members support.

 

"Jessica," called Sooyoung when she was about to open the door. "Hey, look. Whatever it is, we are one okay. Just don't forget that you still have us. Don't keep that problem inside your chest alone. We're here to help," Sooyoung said. Jessica smiled at her. Her other members were also nodding their head. "We are not choosing side okay. But both of you are the victims here. Tiffany will come around. I know she will," Sooyoung said while hugging Jessica.

 

"I know. I'll do the same thing if that happened to me. I don't blame her but I was so stressed. Guys, I'm sorry if I'm not being honest but I hope you understand me."

 

"Nah, we understand. Now, go have some rest, hot mama. Leave Tiffany to us. Just prepare yourself to be a hot mama and gorgeous wife," Sooyoung teased.

 

"Yah, Choi Sooyoung!!"

 

"What? It's true, right guys? And we gonna be the hottest aunties ever. That kid of yours is so lucky to have us as aunties," Sooyoung continued to boost.

 

"Ya, I wonder how can you guys stay in one space with that ego of yours. I'm out. Good night guys. And once more, thank you for understanding and sorry," Jessica said.

 

"Off you go hot mama. Let us hot aunties do our little bonding time. Good night," said Yoona.

 


I know it was shorter than usual post but i hope u guys like it... i really need some sleep right now.. this week and the previous tired me out. i'm sorry for the late update. hope u enjoy the story. dont forget to comment guys.. 

 

love y'all,

ArinaLee