Day Three

Jongin's Days of Misery

“What is this flake-like thing?” Sehun eyed his bowl of food curiously.

Jongin raised an eyebrow at him as he poured milk into his bowl of cereal, “It’s called cereal. You eat it with milk or if you prefer just raw.”

“Hmm, humans eat weird food.” The blonde stated as he took a piece of cereal and chewed it, “This tastes dry and hard.”

“I told you already, mix it with milk.”

“I don’t like milk.”

“Now I see why a part of your body is not ‘developed’ enough.” Jongin snickered.

“What are you implying on?” Sehun narrowed his eyes at the latter who ignored him as he ate his cereal. “Make me something I don’t want to drink milk.”

“You’re so spoiled,” Jongin sighed but stood up nevertheless. He went over to one of the cupboard and searched for something to feed the spoiled prince. A small packet of instant chocolate caught his eyes and he took a sachet from it.

“Sehun,” he gestured for the boy to come. The latter stood lazily beside him. “I’m going to teach you how to make warm chocolate.”

“Why? It’s not like I’m staying here forever.” Sehun whined.

“I’m spoiling you too much and that’s not good. What if one day I have to leave you home alone without food?” He gave Sehun the sachet. “At least you could make instant drink. I need to teach you how to make ramyeon also.”

The blonde grunted but kept quiet. “First cut the sachet open.” Jongin instructed.

Sehun took the scissor and carefully cut it open. “Good, now pour it into a mug and pour hot water.”

Jongin let out a small smile as he watched Sehun pour the hot water. He was concentrating and the older male couldn’t help but adore his concentrating face; eyes narrowed and tongue slightly out. It was as if the he was doing an experiment.

“Done.” Sehun simply said and looked proudly at his instant chocolate. It was his first time making a drink because in the palace everything was prepared for him.

“Excellent.” Jongin complimented him and took a teaspoon. “Remember to stir your drink so the chocolate would dissolve.”

To say that Sehun wasn’t interested was an understatement. He was very interested in making his first warm chocolate without the help of anybody excluding Jongin’s instructions.

Sehun stirred the liquid and when he was done, he gave the spoon to Jongin and carefully lifted the mug. He blew a little bit to cool it off and took a sip.

“Well, what does it taste like?” The older male asked.

“It’s a little bland,” Sehun said disappointedly. “Why isn’t it sweet?”

Jongin chuckled and took the mug from him, “It is because you poured too much water.”

“Why didn’t you tell me beforehand?” he frowned.

“It slipped off my mind I guess,” he replied. “Don’t worry we can fix this. Take a white can that says ‘condensed milk’ in the fridge.”

Sehun took it and gave him the can. He stared as Jongin opened the lid and took a teaspoon of it. “Didn’t I say before that I dislike milk?”

“No, it’s not milk. This is something like sugar but liquid, here try it, it’s sweet.”

The blonde used his pinky finger to take a bit of the condensed milk and tasted it. “Hmm, it is sweet.”

Jongin rolled his eyes. “Now take a teaspoon and put two teaspoons of the condensed milk into your hot chocolate.”

Sehun did as instructed and stirred the drink. “It should be fine now.” The blonde took a sip of the drink and his eyes gleamed with surprised. “This is truly magnificent!”

“Oh trust me there are other drinks that are more magnificent than hot chocolate.” Jongin said as he put the can back. “Do you want some bread with jams?”

Sehun nodded and the older male proceeded to teach him how to make those also.

 

***

“Hey Jessica, I’m going to work from home starting from today.” Jongin said through his phone. “Though I’ll be going there sometimes to check up on things so just fax me the important stuff and my appointments.”

Jongin hung up and looked at Sehun who was wagging his tail in his cat form on the sofa. Lazy brat, he thought. His phone beeped three times indicating it was low on battery so he went to his bedroom and charged his phone on the nightstand. He saw a pile of shopping bags from the one he went to yesterday and frowned. He should get a cupboard for Sehun’s wardrobe.

The male took his laptop and sat next to the cat on his sofa. He went through some online shopping sites and searched for furniture. A beautiful wooden wardrobe caught his eye and he immediately placed an order on it after checking the sizes and reviews.

“Your wardrobe will arrive tomorrow so you don’t have to put those clothes on the floor anymore.”

Meow.

 

 

The day dragged on with Jongin busy on his laptop and Sehun laying around with nothing to do except for sleep. It was two hours after lunch hour when Jongin stretched his numb arms and noticed that Sehun was already in human form and he was looking bored. He ordered some black bean noodles and placed his laptop on the table. He could practically feel the heat from the laptop on his lap.

“We need to find you a hobby, you’re looking like you’re about to sleep everytime.”

Sehun grumbled, “and whose fault is that making me bored and hungry?”

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Hey now, I’ve got work to do. So do you like studying?”

“Bleegh.”

“Knitting?”

“Eughh.”

“Walking around in the park?”

“Meh.”

“Shopping?”

“Urghh.”

“Then what do you like?!”

“Reading.” Sehun rolled his eyes this time as if saying ‘duh’. “But you don’t have any interesting books around here so meh.”

Jongin rubbed his temples and sighed. “Fine we can buy some books online.” The younger male looked pleased and excited.

“You do know how to use the internet right?” Jongin looked at him hesitantly.

“What an insult for you to think that I’m from the Stone Age, tanned man.”

“Ughh, You-“ The tanned male decided to take a deep breath instead and gave Sehun his laptop to borrow. He opened a site for buying books and let the younger male choose while he waited for the noodles to arrive.

The bell rang around 10 minutes later and Jongin paid the delivery guy for the noodles. He managed to pull Sehun from the laptop screen with much difficulty and told him to eat.

“I think I need a bookshelf for all those books I ordered,” Sehun said.

Jongin almost chocked on his noodle and stuttered, “h-h-how much did you buy exactly?”

“Around fifty to seventy books I guess.”

Jongin could see his money flying.

He ordered a huge bookshelf after that.

 

***

 

“Hey you’re still awake?” Sehun asked that night while they were on the same bed as usual.

“What now?” Jongin said groggily.

“T-Thank..you…” Sehun mumbled lowly but Jongin heard it and smiled.

“You’re welcome now go back to sleep,” he ruffled the younger man’s hair.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Changed the title. Thanks for all the subs and comments!