Day One

Jongin's Days of Misery

 

 

Kim Jongin entered his luxurious apartment after a long day of work with a dirty cat in his arms. He dropped his black suitcase on the spotless counter and sat on the black, soft sofa. “Okay, what happened to you?” he muttered while observing the dirt on its white fur. Despite his cold and unapproachable appearance, Kim Jongin was actually a softy at heart. It explained why he brought the cat home after he saw it abandoned at the roadside.

Meow.

“I don’t speak cat language,” he deadpanned only to laugh at himself for talking with a cat. The cat rolled its eyes in a human-like manner and caused Jongin to stop laughing and stared at the cat. No, he thought, I must be hallucinating.

Shrugging the thoughts off, he scratched the cat’s ear causing it to purr. “Well since you don’t have a tag, I suppose you have no owner,” he said, “Then I’m going to keep you.”

Meow, meow.

Jongin looked oddly at the cat, as if it was saying ‘yeah, sure’ but he quickly passed it as another hallucination from stress at work. “Hmm…” he pondered, “how about…I call you Bunny? Yeah, Bunny sounds good!” he grinned at the cat only to have it stare at him.

Meow?

“Shut up,” he grumbled, “I never had a bunny so I just— why am I explaining myself to cat anyway?!”

Meeoooww.

“Ugh seriously,” he stood up bringing the cat along with him. Heading towards the direction of the bathroom, he filled the tub with warm water and waited for it to get full.

Jongin noticed a slight difference about the cat he brought along, unlike other cats it doesn’t its body and it was oddly quiet—which is something a cat is not known for. Bunny was also human-like in the way it acted around him. It worries him that he brought something else home instead of a cat.

But on the other hand, Bunny was small and fragile with white, silky fur that would’ve been shiny had it not been tainted by the dirt and mud from the roadside.

Speaking of mud, Jongin closed the tap and tested the water before he stripped off his clothes and went inside, bringing the cat along with him. He sighed in content as the warm water hit his skin, massaging the tense in his muscles. Leaning against the tub, he began cleaning Bunny, rinsing the dirt off its white fur.

Bunny purred as he his fur and scratched its ears. “Speaking of which,” Jongin mumbled, “Are you a male or female?” The cat stopped purring and looked up at his new owner.

Meow.

“I told you before that I don’t speak cat language,” Jongin chuckled and lifted up the cat until it was out of the water. His eyes darted down at the small thing in between its legs. “Oh, you’re a dude. It’s small.”

Meow!!

Bunny jumped out of his hold and landed on his shoulder, hitting it continuously with his small paws in an attempt to hit the bigger man. “Okay, okay, sorry.” Jongin laughed and grabbed its paw, only to have the cat nibble his index finger, trying to hurt the man. But of course, instead of feeling pain, it was ticklish and it took a few minutes for him to calm the cat.

Squirting plenty amount of fruit scented shampoo, he applied it on Bunny careful not to get it into its eyes. Jongin cleaned every single part of its body, not missing a single place untouched except for…yeah.

After washing the cat, he cleaned himself while Bunny was playing with the water or on occasion, talk to him in its cat language, which he did not understand a single word.

Meow meow meow, meow, meooowwww.

“Sure, sure, whatever you say,” Jongin stepped out of the tub as droplets of water fell down from his tan, muscular body and dried himself. He wrapped the towel aroud his waist and took Bunny from the tub, drying the cat.

When Bunny was cleaned and dried, Jongin’s eyes slightly widened at the beauty of the cat. Caressing the fur, he was very surprised to feel silk underneath his skin, the cat turned out more beautiful than he imagined. Its hazel brown eyes enchanting almost like a human’s…

Jongin snapped out of his thought, there was no way the cat was a human, this is not some fantasy story where the cat was actually some magical being from another world who was cursed by his or her father to learn the value of life. No, just no.

He put the cat down on the ground, “and you’re done.” Bunny went out of the bathroom to who knows where. Jongin walked to the kitchen and took out the kimchee his mother made for him when she visited yesterday and heat it in the microwave. From the corner of his eye, he saw Bunny went inside his room but he continued to prepare the food. Glancing at the clock on the wall, it read 10.05pm and he was hungry.

Quickly putting the still warm fried chicken that he bought on his way home on a suitable plate, he scooped some rice into the small bowl and set the whole food on the table. Then Jongin went to his room and put on a white t-shirt and a pair of black short pants and quickly went back to the kitchen. Hearing the beep from the microwave, he took out the kimchee using the kitchen towel, not wanting to burn himself from touching the hot bowl.

“I’m hungry.” A voice said.

“Yeah, me too,” he replied.

“Where’s my plate?” the voice asked.

“Take it your—“ Jongin paused immediately, his body frozen. He gulped, surely it was not his imagination right? Where did the voice come from?

Slowly, he turned around with the kimchee still in his hands and was greeted by the sight of a blond boy wearing his t-shirt that was obviously big for him and reached just above his knees. And to top it, he wasn’t even wearing any pants.

“Excuse me, who are you? What are you doing in my apartment?” Jongin asked, clutching the bowl of kimchee tightly to use as his weapon in case the boy attack him. Sorry mom.

The blond boy rolled his eyes and sat on the dining table, hands propped to his chin. “Remember Bunny?” he asked, face void of emotion. Jongin nodded slowly. What did he do to his cat? Killed him? Gosh, what a cruel thing to do! He just met the cat today and this—

“I’m Bunny.”

Well that wasn’t the answer he expected. “What? C’mon kid, don’t joke around and how did you get into my apartment anyway?”

“I am Bunny,” the blond boy insisted, “though, who names a cat Bunny? My real name is Oh Sehun.”

“Impossible, unless you’re some kind of…magical…creature…no way!

Sehun smirked, “I am.”

“Are you really the cat that I picked up today?”

Nod.

“The small, white cat with silky fur?”

Nod.

“The one I bathed?”

Slow nod.

“The one with the small willy?”

“I do not have a small willy!” Sehun yelled furiously, cheeks red in both embarrassment and anger. “And I can’t believe you just checked someone’s…thing shamelessly without their consent!”

“How am I supposed to know you’re a human, I mean magical creature in a cat form?” Jongin retorted, a scandalous look on his face.

“Still!”

Jongin sighed and placed the kimchee that he was still holding on the table before sitting down. “Look, can we just solve this later and eat? I’m starving.”

Sehun calmed down and sat on the opposite of Jongin. The older man started caving in while Sehun stay seated, waiting for his plate. “You’re not eating? I thought you said you were hungry.”

“I am hungry, where’s my plate?”

“There are plates on the bottom cupboard go and take it.” Jongin said as he bit into his chicken.

“Take it.” Sehun ordered.

He raised an eyebrow, “Why should I take it?”

“Because I’m a prince and you’re not.”

“Well, in this world you’re not. So if you want to eat take the plate yourself or just sit there and watch me finish everything on the table.” The black-haired male said. He didn’t really mean it but Sehun has this arrogant aura and he might just have an idea why he was turned into a cat.

Sehun huffed in annoyance and stood up as he glared at the man in front of him. He bent down to open the cupboard and took a small bowl, giving the other male a slight view of his .

Jongin choked on his food and pounded his chest to calm down as Sehun looked at him confusedly. “Why didn’t you wear anything underneath?!” Jongin managed.

“Huh…oh,” Sehun blushed furiously and backed away from the male until he was leaning against the cupboard, “You checked my willy and now you’re staring at my ?! Have you no shame?!”

“It’s not my fault you were in front of me!”

“You tan ert!”

“What the hell is wrong with being tan?!” Jongin sighed exasperatedly. “And I am not a ert.”

Sehun was about to retort back but was interrupted by his stomach growling. He glared at the black-haired male before taking a deep breath and exhale, “Where is the rice?”

Pointing to the rice cooker near the microwave, Jongin grumbled and continued eating. Sehun opened the lid and slowly he scooped the rice, trying to fit in as much as he could, considering his hungry state. Happy that he finally achieved his first time scooping the rice, he took a spoon and sat on the opposite of Jongin.

Sehun bit into the chicken, glad that he could final eat as Jongin watched him in slight amusement. He found it hard to believe that magical creatures exist and yet here he is, having a late dinner with said creature.

 

***

 

“So you’re a prince?” Jongin asked after dinner as they sat in the living room. He sat on a long couch in the middle while Sehun sat on the small couch fit for one person next to Jongin.

“Yeah, from EXO Planet.” Sehun replied. “Far away from the earth, in another dimension.”

“Technically, you’re an alien right?”

“Don’t compare me with those mischievous, troublemakers.” Sehun frowned, “They are nothing but troublemakers who likes to disturb peace. Because of their bad attitude and sneaky ways they are always at war with other planets—or sometimes amongst themselves.”

Jongin’s eyes widened at the revelation, “alien exists and there are other dimensions out there?”

Sehun shook his head, “there are only two dimensions that exist in this universe that is the Earth and EXO Planet. Our planets are parallel to each other while we were granted with magic, your planet was gifted with the Sun and Moon, the two sisters.”

“Wait—so you mean there is no sun and moon in EXO Planet?”

“No, we do not have them. But my ancestor, the first king of EXO Planet made an artificial sun and moon for us to grow crops and to see the two sisters.”

“This is too much for me to take,” Jongin finally said, bewildered at all the things Sehun told him. Somehow, it was unbelievable and maybe Sehun was just a kid with mental problems.

“You don’t believe me.”

“How could I?” He asked, “I mean we were raised to think that magic doesn’t exist and suddenly you dropped the bomb and said magic exist along with aliens and EXO Planet.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and stood up, “Tell me if you don’t believe me after this.” Jongin looked at him in confusion before his eyes widened and he cursed inwardly. Sehun decreased in size and transformed into a cat. The t-shirt he wore draped over his small cat form as he struggled to get out and the black-haired male helped him.

He raised Sehun to eye-level and said, “Okay, I believe you.” The cat meowed at him as if to say ‘I told you so.’

Sehun jumped off the man’s grasp and onto the floor, transforming back into a human. Once he was human back, he was on a crouched position, back onto Jongin and completely . “Don’t stare!”

Jongin turned his head to look away from the boy as he put on his shirt back. Sehun went back to sit on the couch, head held high and arrogance surrounding his presence.

“But why were you cursed as a cat?” Jongin finally asked.

Sehun gritted his teeth and started explaining the cause of his curse and his damned father. “…and told me whoever found me is my master.” Sehun quickly shut his mouth and cursed himself for telling the tan male the important thing.

A big grin appeared on Jongin’s face, “So…I am your master huh.”

Sehun scowled at him, “don’t even think about it!”

The black-haired male’s face fell, “boring.” His eyes glanced at the clock on the wall and the time showed that it was almost 11.30pm. “,” he cursed, “It’s late. I have a meeting tomorrow and I can’t be late. Sehun you can sleep on the couch—“

“No.” he protested. “I want to sleep in a bed.”

“Dude, I have only one bed and no guest room because I never thought I would have a guest in the future…so the couch you go.”

“I said no.” he stated firmly. “Me, bed. You, couch.”

“This is my apartment, so I decide who sleeps where. You sleep on the couch.” Jongin said and walked to his room, feeling exhausted. Sehun had followed him to his room and sat on the bed, marking his territory.

“Sehun.”

“Tan guy.”

“Ugh, what’s wrong with being tan?!” Jongin complained, “My name is Kim Jongin!”

“Whatever, I want to sleep on the bed.” Sehun yawned and stretched as he lay down. The mattress was soft and it smelled like…Jongin. He went under the comforter and made himself comfortable as Jongin glared at him.

Jongin sighed.

He didn’t have any choice so he went under the covers next to Sehun and took off his shirt, lying down with his back turned to Sehun. The prince’s cheeks reddened, “I will kill you if you do anything to me.” He warned and Jongin replied him with a snort. “You’re not attractive enough for me.”

Sehun huffed.

 

***

 

Thank you for the comments and your support guys!

I appreciate it very much! –hugs each one of you-

Anyway, do you like this chapter? Please comment and give me feedback to improve on my fanfic. Thank you! <3