Day Two

Jongin's Days of Misery

Day Two

 

Jongin leaned back against the bathtub and rubbed his temple. He wished weekend would come quicker so he could sleep for a whole day. If that’s even possible anyway, his magical cat turned into a human and claimed that he was cursed by his father for rejecting a girl. Brat, Jongin called him.

He found it hard to believe that there is such thing as magic and yet Sehun proved him that it does exist by transforming into a cat yesterday. Jongin swore he almost to wet his pants right there and then. Apparently, his father sealed his power and only allows him to shift into a human and cat.

Jongin groaned as he felt another headache coming. Great, he thought, he needs to attend 2pm meeting and take care of the brat outside who was currently sleeping comfortably, taking up all the space on his bed. There was no way he could leave Sehun alone in the house, who knew he might burn it down. That kid didn’t even know how to scoop rice. Oh yeah, he was a prince so of course he’s never been to the kitchen, Jongin thought sourly.

The bathroom door creaked and Jongin paused from scrubbing his arm, looking at the person who was standing at the door, “Sehun?”

Said blonde was yawning and his hair was messy as he walked over to Jongin. “I want to shower,” his voice was raspy from waking up. Jongin raised an eyebrow, “Dude if you want to take shower at least wait until I’m done.”

Sehun scowled, “I do what I want to do and I want you to wash my hair.”

“No dude. I’m not your slave—“ Jongin’s eyes widened, “What are you doing?!”

The blonde ignored him as he took off his shirt and tossed it somewhere on the ground. He stepped into the bathtub and sat in between Jongin’s legs, “Now wash my hair.”

Jongin tried to lift him up but Sehun pinched his thigh, making him protest in pain. After a few more struggles and pinches, Jongin finally gave up and washed his hair. He squirted the shampoo in his hand and began washing Sehun’s hair, massaging his scalp and scratching the spot behind his ears.

Sehun sighed in content and closed his eyes, enjoying the way Jongin’s hands massaged his scalp. He saw a yellow thing from his peripheral vision and reached out to take it. “Why do you have a duck in here?” Sehun asked, observing the small, yellow thing carefully, “Why isn’t it moving? Is it dead? Did you kill it?”

The brunette looked at him weirdly, “That’s a ruber duckie, my sister came over last week and she brought her daughter along. I guess she forgot the thing. And it’s not alive—“ He paused, “Don’t you ever have one?”

Staring at the thing in his hands, he shook his head and squeezed the duck, only to be surprised when it made a sound. “Dude seriously?” Jongin asked in disbelief, “I mean, all kids have it—Wait, do you have this thing in your world?”

“Of course,” he replied in a ‘duh’ tone, “I saw it in many shops when the nanny brought me out when I was young, I just never bothered to ask what it is. So what does it do?”

Jongin’s eyes softened at the statement and he leaned closer to Sehun, his arms in between Sehun as he took the ruber duckie from him and placed it on the water, floating. “It just floats,” he said.

Sehun didn’t answer and instead stared at the duck as it floats. Jongin smiled lightly and continued washing his hair.

 

***

 

Jongin entered the building he worked at and everyone’s eyes were instantly on him, or more specifically the cat on his hand.

Despite the people staring like he grew a second head, Jongin strode towards the elevator confidently with Sehun in his left hand and his suitcase on the other hand. It’s not like he wanted to bring Sehun along but he didn’t trust him enough to leave the latter alone, who knows he might try to cook and burn the kitchen down, heck probably half the apartment building.

Besides, he used his authority to bring pets.

The elevator’s doors opened and Jongin snapped out of his trance as he stepped out onto the 11th floor and into his office. He sighed and plopped down on his desk chair.

“Don’t make any problems later okay?” Jongin mumbled and scratched Sehun’s ears. Sehun purred and nibbled Jongin’s index finger.

The two were interrupted when someone knocked the door, “Come in.” The brunette put the cat down as a woman came in. She was wearing a short skirt that reached above her knees with a black blazer and a pair of red high heels. Her makeup was done lightly and her hair was tied in a tight bun.

“Good morning sir,” She greeted Jongin and glanced at the cat on the sofa.

“Morning Jessica,” he replied.

“Today you need to check on the proposals for the new department and commercial for our latest product. And you also have a meeting at 2pm with Mr. Ok Taecyeon from JYP Corporation.” Jessica put the folders on her boss’s mahogany desk.

Jongin eyed the folders warily before dismissing his secretary. “Umm sir,” Jessica said as her boss look up at her, “Can I… pet your cat?”

Jongin raised an eyebrow at the odd question but he just nodded at her. Jessica smiled and the cat, causing it to open its eyes. It looked up to Jessica as she mumbled something under her breath. She withdrew her hand and bowed at Jongin before going out of the room.

Sehun went back to sleep as Jongin shrugged and took a folder, reading it before doing the same to the rest.

 

***

 

It was almost 4pm when Jongin finished all his work. For once, everything was completed before work hour ends and he was glad that he didn’t have to stay late again.

Shutting down his computer, he glanced at the cat on the couch who’s been sleeping all day except during lunch. Sehun refused to eat in his cat form so he transformed back into a human and had to wear Jongin’s blazer to cover his body. Jongin had asked Jessica to buy him lunch and locked his door so no one would see a boy in his office. If anyone saw him, his reputation would fly out of the window and become a scandal.

He took his suitcase and carried Sehun in his other arm, causing the cat to wake up and growled at him. Jongin rolled his eyes, “Oh shut up, we’re going home.” Another growl.

Closing the door behind him, Jongin looked at Jessica who was busy typing on the computer, “I’m going home early today, if anyone look for me tell them to set up an appointment tomorrow.”

“Yes sir.”

Jongin went to the elevator and out of the building. He went to his black Mercedes and put Sehun on the backseat and his suitcase on the passenger seat. Jongin started the car and drove away.

“Uh,” Jongin remembered something, “We’re going to the shop first to buy you some clothes. I can’t have you wear my clothes all the time.”

Meow.

Stopping by at a clothes shop, Jongin parked his car and took the cat with him. He went in and was greeted by one of the shopkeeper, “Good afternoon Mr. Kim.”

He nodded at her and scanned the shop, there weren’t many customers inside because the clothes in the shop were costly and only rich people could afford.

Jongin made his way to the clothes and frowned, he didn’t know Sehun’s size so how could he pick a shirt for him?

Taking one of the t-shirt, he went inside the changing room and locked the door. “Dude, change back to human.” He said and put the cat down.

Sehun did as told and stood in front of the older man, . His cheeks reddened and he turned around but was only greeted by his reflection in the mirror. Sehun scowled.

“I’m not going to stare you idiot,” Jongin gave him the shirt, “Put it on.”

Sehun put on the shirt hastily before turning back to look at Jongin, his arms folded. “I need to know your pants size so you could put it on and choose your own clothes.”

He stared at the brunette, “How?”

Jongin pressed his lips together before holding Sehun’s waist. The blonde backed away until his back hit the mirror, “What are you doing?!” he yelled, “Get your hands off dark guy!”

“Don’t yell we’re in a shop!” Jongin hissed, “What the hell is wrong with being dark seriously?! I’m not dark, I’m just tan!”

“It’s the same thing.” Sehun retorted.

“Whatever,” Jongin sighed. He put his hands on Sehun’s waist as the latter struggled not to hit the man in front of him. Sehun’s waist was small compared to his so it was a bit easy to get his measurement.

Jongin let go of his waist as Sehun pressed his back harder against the mirror, “Thank you for not me.”

“Does that supposed to make me feel better?!”

The blonde ignored him and pushed him out of the changing room before locking it. Jongin scowled and went to the pants section and came across some jeans. He looked thoroughly until his eyes landed on a pair of black jeans which he was sure would fit Sehun’s perfectly—

Wait what?

He shook his head mentally and threw away the thoughts. Knocking the changing room, Sehun opened the door slightly and took the jeans from him. Not long after, Sehun went out of the changing room with a stoic face.

“No thanks?” Jongin asked and Sehun gave him the finger. “Brat,” he mumbled under his breath and followed Sehun to the clothes section.

The shopkeeper from before followed them from behind to guide them. “Those clothes he wears put it on the bill.”

The lady nodded and went to the cashier. By the time Jongin turned to look at what the other guy was doing, Sehun already picked a pile of shirts and pants and them to Jongin’s hands. Jongin’s eyes widened at the amount while Sehun gave him a ‘what’ look.

Going shopping with Sehun is on his ‘things not to do’ list and he regretted bringing the blonde out for shopping. And by the time they were paying Jongin nearly had a heart attack when he looked at the bill. Despite being rich and all, when it comes to money, Jongin liked to save his money and rather spend them on food.

Jongin had to carry all the bags and carried them to his car. He put them all in the bonnet and arranged them neatly so they would fit. As he was arranging, he felt Sehun poking his waist.

“I want that.” He pointed to a shop selling bubble tea across the road. Jongin glanced at the shop, it was a small shop with colorful paints and there were many customers inside. Jongin closed the bonnet and locked the car before gesturing Sehun to follow him.

They went inside the shop and bought some bubble tea. Jongin drank his bubble tea with a green straw as he looked at Sehun who was staring at his drink.

“Don’t you want to drink?” he asked.

“What are those black fruits?”

“They’re not fruits. It’s some kind of jelly,” he corrected, “Haven’t you seen a jelly before?”

“Of course I have,” he poked the straw through the plastic on top, “I have never seen them in a drink. This is weird.”

“You know, I’m starting to think you’re from the Stone Age.”

Sehun frowned, “It’s not that, I was just…sheltered in my whole life and never saw the outside world.”

Jongin saw something flickered in his eyes but it disappeared as soon as it came. “Come on let’s go.” He opened the door for the blonde and as soon as they stepped outside, everything started to fade away until there was nothing and they were engulfed in darkness.

“What the hell?!” Jongin yelled, his heart pounding in his chest.

Sehun scowled and before he could say anything, a loud growl could be heard. “Don’t tell me—“

The ground shook and Jongin held Sehun’s arm in a protective manner on instinct, their bubble tea falling to the ground. A huge figure revealed itself as Jongin gaped at the monster, his eyes widened. “W-what the hell is that thing?!”

“It’s a Cor, its saliva is made of acid and it could kill you in an instant.” Sehun explained quickly as they ran away from the monster, “Other than that it’s harmless!”

They dodged a saliva that was being thrown at them, “How could you say it’s harmless?!” Jongin yelled. He glanced at the monster, its eyes were huge and its skin was made up of green scales. The monster has sharp teeth like a shark’s but much longer and thicker in size. The body was big and it was as tall as an old tree.

“How are we going to get out of here?!” Jongin shouted, running alongside Sehun who seemed to be panicking as well.

“We can’t—“

“What?!”

“Listen to me first you idiot! We can’t get out unless we kill that thing—“

“How are we going to kill it when that thing is—“

“I said listen to me you ing idiot!” Sehun pinched his arm as the two of them stopped. “We can’t kill it unless we direct it to the larva hole!”

Jongin rubbed the sore spot where Sehun pinched him and took a deep breath, “Where’s the hole?”

“There,” he pointed to the only place where there was light. The monster growled again and the two made a run for it, heading to the direction of the light.

 

Sehun almost tripped but he kept on running to the larva hole. The Cor kept on getting closer to them and the two of them ran as fast as they could. A few more steps and they would be safe.

The duo split into two and ran at the sides of the hole as the Cor foolishly fell into it. It screamed in pain as the larva completely engulf the monster and suddenly things were back to normal in the blink of an eye; with the two of them standing in front of the shop and the bubble tea still in their hands.

Jongin gulped as he took a step only to be relieved when nothing happened. He staggered to the bench in front of the shop and sat on it with Sehun following closely behind.

It took several minutes for them to calm down completely as they watched the people passing by and the sky getting darker and darker. “So,” Jongin started, “that thing is gone right?”

Sehun gave him a weak nod as he took a sip of his bubble tea. “It won’t bother us anymore.”

There was silence after that.

“Anyway,” Sehun turned to look at the brunette, “Are you purposely forgetting something?”

Jongin stared at him questioningly, “What do you mean?”

“Don’t act dumb,” he poked the older male’s chest accusingly, “You purposely did not buy me underwear so you could see my didn’t you?”

“Where did you get that conclusion?!” he gasped.

“Even an idiot could see your intentions you ert.”

“You’re impossible.” Jongin stood up and Sehun mimicked his movement, “Come on, let’s buy you some underwear.”

Sehun snickered and walked next to Jongin as they headed to the underwear shop. “I want some more bubble tea.”

“We’ll stop by later.”

“And food, I’m hungry. I saw noodles at the shop next to the bubble tea store. It looks delicious.”

“Okay we‘ll go there.”

“When we get home I want you to wash my hair again. Speaking of which, I want to buy a new shampoo. I like scented shampoos.”

“Okaaaaaay, now shut up.”

Silence.

“I’m craving for chicken too.”

Jongin sighed miserably.

 

***

Done chapter two! Woot woot.

By the way what do you guys think about this chapter? Do me a favor by commenting kay? And maybe an upvote.

So I was thinking about the evil guy for the next chapter and decided that you guys should choose him/her.

Comment who you want to be the evil guy who is AN IDOL from any group and how they appear along with their power.

I hope that’s not too much to ask for^^

Here’s the form:-

IDOL:

POWER:

HOW THEY SHOULD APPEAR IN THE STORY:

 

p.s. I will choose the one with the craziest idea as the winner. (or the one that appeals to me)

Ta-ta /waves/