Chapter 48

Plan 932X: Overdosed Voodoo Doll

Chapter 48

 


 

Exactly when was the last time Jungeun's eyes grew this wide?

It is definitely Saturday that day when N decided to gather around the VIXX members. Just one call was needed for that tanned lunatic to gather his juniors in less than a minute. Jungeun was instantly whipped off of her bed by Sanghyuk upon receiving N's call. Not even bothering to see what his sister had dressed herself up to, Sanghyuk simply dragged her out of their apartment and whiffed off to the meeting place N had texted him later on.

Hongbin and Ravi were there already, chatting about who-knows-what. They were too busy chatting that they didn't notice the arrival of the twins. When they did, Ravi was first to react. "So... were you guys late or did we come here too early?" 

"Like it even matters." Jungeun impatiently barked as she crossed her arms. "Where in the world is Cha N? He told us to be here at exactly ten in the morning! Ugh, that late runner–"

"Who're you calling a late runner, eh, Han Jung-Jung?"

It was enough to hear that familiar voice call Jungeun with her nonsense childhood nickname. Upon spinning her head around, she spotted N, dressed in a casual tee and some jeans. His hair is now visibly dyed in a silvery color, which was something fitting for him, surprisingly. He wore that familiar sunny smile, as per usual day they had back then. Upon seeing his juniors, N dramatically broke down into a fake acting where in it was comparable to that of a drama scene where the protagonist gets reunited with his long lost family. "Oh my gosh, I missed you four! Give your hyung a tight hug!"

"Ew, no!" Ravi shouted, whilst Hongbin glaring at him before he pulls him along to hug the tanned senior. 

"You're still short." Sanghyuk teased as he pretended to inspect the older's build. Of course, the older Han twin received one crispy hit on the back from N, which was an indirect way of saying that he missed the younger. "I was kidding, and you knew that!" he pouted.

"I grew half an inch taller, just so you know!" N hissed before he composes himself once more. "Anyway! Jung-Jung, you're blooming! Perhaps you're slowly growing into a true lady, huh? You're hair's getting longer too. It fits you! Look at it!" he squealed. "These aren't extensions anymore, right?" he excitedly asked as he inspected Jungeun's hair, which Jungeun quickly resorted into slapping N's hand away.

"Idiot." she sighed before she fixes it. "I'm still wearing extensions, that's why it appears long. My hair's growing long, yes, but according to hyung, it's messy. I need to have it trimmed and all or else it'll appear shaggy."

"I can handle it!"

"I don't think I'd like you to handle my delicate hair, N." she breathed as she slowly backed away, hiding slowly behind her older twin.

"Anyways, what's up?" Hongbin asks, breaking the ice. "You don't suddenly call now a days... except if you're having those mother-like instincts again. Again, we're fine, okay? We're doing our best in school."

"Not exactly why I called, but glad to know." N grinned, only to confuse the four more. "You see, I'd like you to drop by our place this time. Our unit's really neat, and I'd like you guys to see what kind of university me and Leo are in now! Ken's going to tag along around two in the afternoon or something. It's quite along traveling time from his place to here. Is that okay?"

"Definitely." the juniors answered in unison before N leads them to his place... which was probably just a few blocks away from their meeting place. 

 

 

N and Leo's place, just as the tanned leader had said earlier, really did radiate a relaxing aura. The scent of of fresh lemons and lavander filled the air, which is rather pleasing for everyone. The whole place is sparkling clean, not a speck of dust on any furniture. The interior designing is well made, based on how the furnitures and appliances were distributed evenly in every room. The walls are decorated and personalized by, mainly, N himself. A few pictures were hung here and there, a few hand-made ornaments were standing and placed here and there. All in all, their unit can be concluded as well.

The four somewhat foresaw Leo sitting on the couch, doing his own thing which is reading a few books. He sat there, quiet. But none of them rather expected Leo to wear those damn eyeglasses. He looked so classy. "Leo! We've got the visitors here, at least act properly!" N scolded.

"I am." Leo responded, not even removing his eyes from the book he has on his hands. 

"Lookie here, you adorable and insensitive lion! Jungeun's hair is slowly improving! And look at her stance. Surely, we can conclude that she's getting girlier and girlier, right?" 

"Mhm. Yeah."

"Jung Leo, respond properly before I burn your book collections in a nanosecond!"

Leo simply sighs before he covers his face with the book, not even bothering to look at the juniors when a familiar touch was felt on his head. A small hand fell on his hair, ruffling his hair playfully. Once he looked up, he saw the same emotionless face of Jungeun close from his. Taken a back, Leo instantly froze in place, not knowing what to do or say. "Haven't changed a bit, have we?" Jungeun snickered before she lets go and inspects her former rival. "Nice hair. Auburn suits you pretty well." she complimented.

"Blame him for dying it like this." Leo breathed out before pointing a finger at the innocent-looking N. "Forced the wits out of me to dye my hair like this!"

"Come on! Even Jung-Jung agrees that it fits you." N pouted cutely before throwing himself towards his best friend, ruffling his hair. "It suits you! Believe me."

"... Whatever." Leo rolled his eyes. 

"So! Off to the university?" Sanghyuk interrupted as he grabs everyone's attention. He sees N shoot up and get instantly pulled down by Leo for some reason.

"We aren't having lunch yet." Leo whispered at the latter. "They must be starving too. At least welcome them better by cooking lunch, Hakyeon."

"Do something by yourself once in a while." N whined as he dragged Leo forcefully behind, towards the kitchen. The juniors could only watch and make themselves occupied while the seniors are busy preparing lunch together. With N's instruction of making themselves at home, the four did so, comfortably watching television and laying down the couch.

Like they do back at their own residences.

 

 

Around two-fifteen in the afternoon, Ken arrived at their place. To their surprise, Ken still retained his natural black hair but was noticeable to have received some treatment, based on how neat it looked now. It isn't as shaggy and curly as it was back then. Now? It's silky straight and had this fluffy texture. Hongbin said so when he ruffled Ken's black and fluffy hair. 

And with the group rather complete, the seven heads off to the university Leo and N are attending, as promised in the first place. 

To their surprise, and half from what they expected, the university is enormous. A few college students were strolling comfortablly around the campus, talking and laughing as if having visitors were a typical thing. There were a few familiar faces for the juniors. Some were from the same school they are in now. They were their seniors back then. 

But back to the real topic, the university is huge. It was towering. The environment is calm and refreshing. The trees gave off a fresher breeze and the flowers planted around the campus gave more vivid and life-filled colors in the place. Definitely, the group could agree that this college N and Leo are in is an extremely well one. N and Leo were greeted by a few new faces, which they replied back to with a cheery smile and wave. Leo isn't that guy who'd flash an emotionless face at people anymore. Due to N's constant nagging on him opening up more to strangers and people, Leo slowly learned how to open up once more to others. He slowly got used to socializing again. 

N leaded the way well. He toured the group around the campus, showing them mostly his favorite places and the classrooms he attends various classes in. Jungeun had a fun time walking around the college campus. It was a new place for her. Since she and her brother were the only offsprings of their parents, plus the fact that they are in the same educational level, they never really got in any college universities for a time of solid eighteen years. Yes, they have a few relatives in college but they never got close to them, so once more, they never got the chance. This is definitely their first time and they can conclude that colleges are a different talk compared from high school. One would really have to learn how to stand on their own or else it'll be one hectic college year for them.

A few girls greeted N with wide smiles. Definitely, N was starting to garner a few hearts as he began college. 

Leo was the same. When they ran across this group of girls, they started squealing at the sight of Leo. Of course, the silent male didn't know exactly what to do so he just chose to ignore it for the meantime before he came up with the plan of waving back shyly.

"This university's amazing!" Ravi commented. "I'll go study here right after graduating!"

"Good luck on that. The entrance exam is really hard." N says as he fixes his fringe. "Like, really, you've got to answer everything, pass and not panic with the time limit." he ended, clicking his tongue.

"Whatever. I suppose I can pass." Ravi cheered as he hopped around the halls. With Leo pulling him back and telling him softly to retain poise, Ravi sprints back beside Hongbin, not deciding to stray away any more. The halls were bigger than those back in their academy. It was a lot more spacious. 

"How's the university you go in, Ken?" N suddenly asks as they walked around. He hasn't seen Ken for a few months and had entirely lost contact with him after they began in college. N is a hundred percent sure that Ken's busy with his college life now, more on which he is actually taking a course he has a deep passion for. No, it isn't cooking but something he has talents in. Singing. Eversince he and Ken met, they had talked about nothing else but his great passion and love in music. Ken even has the great talents in it. He's got one heavenly vocals there, which he claims to be from his beloved mother. Whilst having his brother tell him strictly to take culinary arts, Ken still pursued in singing and now? He's doing well, so far.

N had also told Ken on how he's taking up dance as his course. So far, he's a dance major since, well, N's passion has always been dancing. Yes, he and Leo differ courses now but having the fact that they now live in one roof would be enough so far. Besides, Leo is enjoying his course in taking business. Seeing his best friend enjoy something else aside from staying quiet, being cold, soccer and music, N surely loved seeing Leo smile and do things in his own happy pace again. It's as if... that traumatic death never happened.

But reality is cruel. It happened. Definitely happened.

Now? So far, he's succeeding on letting his mind fly off to something else instead of staying in that one particular memory.

"Has Leo here been making more friends than before in high school?" Ken teases as he clings on the silent male stridding beside N. "I suppose he is! He should since, well, this is college. He can't dwell with his typical cold city guy image."

"First and foremost, it's not an image, Jaehwan." Leo growled. "Second, I socialize when I want to. Lastly, get your arms off me before I tear them off your puny little body–"

"Jung Leo! I told you, watch your words!" N exclaimed in frustration before hitting Leo in the head without a bit of mercy. "Sheesh, if you continue talking and acting like this, I doubt you'll even have a happy marriage life. I bet you'll have divorces every now and then!"

"Who ever told you I'll be getting married?"

"Wait, you're becoming a monk?" Hongbin questioned with widened eyes, mouth agape.

"No!"

"I seriously think Leo-hyung needs more attention and teachings instead of Jungeun here." Sanghyuk joked, only to get a beating from Leo himself. "But really though, hyung! You need more attention and lessons on how to socialize and how to act like a real human than Jungeun learning stuff on how to be a girl. Like, come on, my sister's a female by DNA and blood, she'd definitely just feel instincts on lady things."

"She grew with a male thinking." Ravi side eyes, only to meet Jungeun's icy glare. 

"But to be frank, Jungeun's slowly turning into a lady!" Ken excitedly squealed. "Any improvements?"

"I wear these kinds of clothes more." Jungeun answers, referring on the skirt she's wearing and on those heels on her feet. "And hyung once commented that I'm starting to take on the lessons you've taught me before so, yeah, there're improvements." she softly smiled.

"And she's smiling now!" Ken gasps. "Did anyone drug her?! Who's that damned idiot?!"

"Ken-hyung, chill. No one did and no one will." Ravi snickered. "She's just turning into a real and perfect lady we are making her be. Simple as that."

"Hey! Do you guys want to play soccer at the soccer field? I suppose no one's using it right now. Most students here are more in to basketball than soccer." N suggests as he skips in front of the group. Jungeun slowly smiles, recalling the good old times they had back then. N would always be the one to suggest them to go and have lunch in the soccer field or maybe play sports all together. Most often times, it's either Leo or Jungeun who wins in soccer and basketball. Sometimes, Hongbin since well, he's been part of the basketball varsity before. And he's got the skills. 

And once more, N invites them for soccer, which they all happily agreed to.

 

 

"You're not joining?" a concerned Ken asks as he sits beside Jungeun, who was simply watching the other play soccer with bliss in the field. Leo handled the soccer ball with pro-like techniques while N helplessly tried to snatch the ball away. Sanghyuk stole the ball away from Leo twice earlier but now, he can't somewhat steal it once again. Ravi's only in the defense and would be busier in watching over Hongbin since he fears that Hongbin will easily get injured. On the other side, Hongbin had no clue that Ravi was looking out for his fragile body.

"No." Jungeun answers in a soft manner. "Soccer isn't actually a girl's thing. That's what most people say, one of them being hyung himself. I'm distancing myself from anything that might ruin my slowly developing girly side, and one start is avoiding anything boyish like soccer."

"But don't you like soccer though?" 

"Well, I do, but I have to stay away from it."

"Why?"

"Just because... I have to."

Ken's frown grew a bit longer this time before he fixes his eyes completely on Jungeun. "You know," he began. "My brother used to tell me that singing love songs was too out of the trend. Like when you serenade a girl, it's too corny and less manly." he says, confusing Jungeun. Seeing through that, he smiles. "What I'm trying to say is that I'm still singing, right? My brother didn't hold me back. Same goes for you. So what if it makes you appear boyish? You like it, right? You like... no, love soccer, don't you?"

"Well, I do."

"And you're just going to let the fact taht you're trying to be a perefct lady hinder your hobbies and interests? What if you're not allowed to be close to your brother and us for the sake of this hectic transformation? Will you risk that?"

"... No–"

"Why?"

"... Because we're a family and you people are important ones?"

"Then what difference do we carry from soccer?"

"... You're people?"

Ken sighed before letting out an airy laugh. Slowly, he stood up and began rufflying playfully Jungeun's black hair, which he knew will annoy the junior greatly. As what he had predicted, Jungeun hurriedly tried swatting Ken's hands. A bigger smile was patched on Ken's face– a loving smile that was similar to his brother's. It was like a loving smile of an older brother to his younger sibling. Ken flashed the same smile, which creeped Jungeun a bit. "You know, playing soccer wouldn't actually deduct your feminine persona. There're lots of feminine ladies who actually play soccer. It's just a hobby, what can go wrong?"

"Shouldn't girls be in volleyball or badminton instead?" Jungeun glares.

"I don't know. Are you being ist right now because I thought you were a sadist." Ken giggled, countering Jungeun quite expertly. Seeing her defeat, Jungeun decides to mimic Ken's soft smile before nodding and standing up. One simply step the female took towards the playing males were. 

"Aren't you coming along?" Jungeun asks, turning at Ken.

"No. You enjoy yourselves." Ken smiled gently before he sits down again, watching Jungeun run and join the playing guys. He happily watched Jungeun easily play along with the boys.

Unknown to everyone– maybe except for N– he was secretly hating this plan of turning Jungeun into a "perfect lady" her relatives and other people expect her to be. That's not who Jungeun is in his perspective.

And yet, it might be.

Why can't they just accept it?

Or maybe she they were just trying to awaken the real Jungeun?

Ken was actually confused for a moment. What if this "plan" will make things worse? What if this "plan" turns out better than expected? There were lots of "if-then" thoughts running wild in his head. What if this were to happen? What if that were to be true? The results would differ greatly. The results will give a great impact that would defintely affect not only Jungeun but everyone around her.

"Ken!" he hears Jungeun cry out. He quickly snaps out of this trance of thoughts. The soccer ball was actually rolling towards his way. Jungeun was crying out his name in a high-pitched and cheery voice, much like of that of a girl. Compared from before, she'd lower her voice on purpose to try talking like a man. Now? She was actually using her naturally high-pitched voice. She waved her hand up in the air, trying to catch the senior's attention. "Hey! Mind kicking the ball here?" she cries out.

Ken can only smile before he kicks the ball with all his might.

Who even cared now?

As long as their dear Jung-Jung is fine, then they surely will be too.