001

A Complicated Life

 

"Famous hallyu star Kim Taeyeon was spotted drunk at a local club in down town Seoul. Some workers say they spotted the young artist with an anonymous fem--"


An angered man turned off the flat screen hanging off the wall. A deep sigh escaped his dry cracked lips as he turned to the figure witting on a luxurious looking couch. The middle age man stared at the figure before him as he shook his head. 

"I gave you ONE night to take a break, but what do you do? You go out and tarnish your image by getting drunk!" 

The young man let out a chuckle before looking up. "I'm a man too you know.... I need my share of alcohol." The younger man looked up at his manager's eyes. "I went to Club Shidae to have a drink. That's it." 

The middle age let out a scoff. "Just a drink? A drink is one drink. To get drunk you'd need more than ONE drink of alcohol. So don't give me some bull that you just had one damn drink. There's a video of you drunk for crying out loud, so don't give me some dumb excuse that you just had ONE damn drink."

"I was having some fun... just relax... besides in a few day people will forget, and another idol star will have their hsare of such nonsense of a scandal." sighed the young artist as he poured himself a glass of wine. 

"But who was that girl you were with?" 

"Just some good looking local girl trying to get some. It's not like I took her home and did anything else." chuckled the hallyu star. 

"Just, watch out. This is the last time I'll get evidence cleaned up." 

"Sure whatever." 

"Seriously Taeyeon, watch your image. Ruin it, your money will be all gone..."

[ - - - ]

 

"You're fired!" 

“Wait, no please! Ahjumma please!” begged a young looking brunette clutching to a furious woman’s hand.

”You’re failed services are no longer needed anymore!” scoffed the ahjumma as she abruptly pulled her hand away.

Tears were streaming down the brunette’s eyes as she looked p at the ahjumma. “Please, I beg of you… I-I have a daughter… I need money to provide for her… please….” She begged.

The middle age woman’s face softened as she stared at the young girl on her knees. The lady reached for her pocket, pulling out a wad of cash. She slowly walked to the brunette and placed the money in the girl’s hand.

”That should be enough for two months or so… please spend it wisely.” Sighed the woman before leaving the poor brunette alone in the alley way.

The brunette wiped her tears and looked at the money in her hands. She quickly placed the money in her purse before brushing the dirt off her knees.

“I can’t look pitiful… Seohyun will be very upset…” the brunette said to no one in particular.

With that, the brunette pulled out her phone and called the first person in mind. As she hung up she headed toward a particular building. A building that’ll find her a job for the eight time this year.


[ - - - ]

 

The famous hallyu star made his way toward his apartment building. As usual reporters would be stationed down at the lobby waiting to pry more into his private life after such scandal.

Taeyeon took a deep breathe while he made a brief eye contact with the guards. Juas as the guards nodded, the hallyu star headed for the door.

Upon seeing the star all reporters got up on their feet and began surrounding the poor young man as they took any possible snap shots they could. Taeyeon just kept a straight face as he walked through the lobby.

While being guarded by the security guards, the men in the suits led the hallyu star to the sliding door. Taeyeon then pulled out a residence card and swiped it at the side. Once the door slips open, the star patted the guard’s backs and walked inside.

Once reaching the elevators, a long sigh escaped his lips. He rubbed his temples as he rested his head against the wall. As he reached his floor he lazily got back up on his feet and made his way toward his place.  

The star made a turn at a corner and headed to the one of the doors at the mini hallway. Entering the pin code to the door, he walked inside his house, slipping out of his dress shoes and putting on a pair of slippers. He walked further inside the dark complex, and heaved a heavy sigh. He scratched the back of his neck as loniless began to fill him up.

“Another night of this empty feeling…” sighed Taeyeon as he sat on a black leather couch.

 

[- - -]

 

“I was fired once again…” sighed a young brunette breaking her chopsticks evenly.

“Again?! That’s like the millionth time this year!” exclaimed a blonde.

“Jessica, don’t exaggerate! It’s the seventh time I’ve been fired…” the brunette pouted.

A sigh escaped the blonde’s lips as she ate her noodles. “Tiffany, you should find a decent job. Seohyun needs you to provide for her… besides I don’t think you’d want her going to your ex-boyfriend’s custody.”

Tiffany rubbed her forehead and looked up. She was in big trouble. She was on the verge of being kicked out of her house, and she also has a daughter to provide for.

“I’m looking… but my part time job won’t make enough. Seohyun’s piano lessons are quite expensive… I can’t even pay for the house…” grumbled Tiffany.

”Look, since Seohyun is my God-Child… I’ll happily pay for her piano lessons,” smiled Jessica.

“No, Jessi… you really don’t have to.”

“Tiff, I insist. You know I’ve always wanted a daughter… who’d play the piano. But since I have a son, and he won’t likely want to learn… “ frowned Jessica.

”I know Jessica.. but still I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

”C’mon. Seohyun is like a daughter to me. So I seriously do insist. Please?”

”Fine…” sighed Tiffany as she eyed the television hanging against the wall.

Silence filled their table as both Korean Americans watched the News report. Video clips of no other than the famous hallyu star, Kim Taeyeon, walking through the lobby of what seems like his apartment building played. Annoyance and sadness was evident on the poor hallyu star’s face.

“I feel bad for him.” Tiffany weakly said.

“He’s so dreamy…” giggled Jessica. “Even with that annoyed expression he’s still dreamy.”

The brunette could only roll her eyes at her best friend. But the blonde did have a point, despite the circumstances, the hallyu star was still exceptionally dreamy or rather cute.

 

A.N: I'd like to tell you guys this story is inspired by the Drama: Oh! My Lady

And for those who have never read my writings. my chapters are short... so bear with me.