The EAU: Orientation Pt.1

The EAU: Elite Assassination Unit

Yuri's POV

 

I was ushered into the building and led down a hallway lit by flurocent lighting and buzzing with various government workers rushing around.

 

"What's going on?" I asked looking from the man in front of me to the girl behind me.

 

"Shut it." The girl said coldly without looking at me.

 

I shut my mouth and  stared around the facility instead.

 

We soon arrived infront of a steel door with a keypad next to it. 

 

I stood silently next to the girl as the man stepped infront of us and punched in a series of numbers into the device, while blocking my view of the keypad with his body. 

 

As the man stepped back the door slid sideways into the wall, and I couldn't help but gape at the sight in front of me.

 

Behind that polished steel door was a room. A room filled with people ranging ranging from teenagers to people in their mid-20's.

 

"I'll be leaving now Jessica, good luck with the newbies." The man said in amusement with a small smile and a slight shimmer in his eye as he looked at the girl beside me

 

"You're just lucky you didn't lose the bet Donghae" Jessica said with a slight hint of contempt. "Now I have to train the batch of newbies again for 6 months until we start to choose our apprentices" she said mummbling under her breath darkly.

 

What's with these  people? What's with the guy's sudden mood change and the girl's never ending coldness? And what does she mean by training and apprentice?

 

The man, Donghae I suppose, turned and walked away after that, while waving his hand over his shoulder. I could swear that I heard him laughing while he walked down the cold hospital like hallway.

 

How is he not affected my this girl's coldness? Is this what the Government does to people? Do they make them into ice cold demons and crazy bipolar lunatics?

 

"What's going on? What will happen now? What do you mean by training and choosing an apprentice?" I asked, a little scared by my own thoughts, while looking at Jessica who had a look of irration on her face.

 

"You'll find out soon enough" she finally said, emotionlessly.

 

"Follow me." She said before walking into the training room without looking back to see if I was following her.

 

I quickly followed her in and felt the door slide back into its original place after I crossed the threshold.

 

Might as well see what's ahead now that I can't turn back.

 

"This" She said while gesturing around the room with her hands, "is what we call the "T.D" room"

 

I nodded slowly as I felt the eyes of half of the people in the room turn to stare at us.

 

"And this." She said while turning to look at me. "Is where you and all the other trainees will suffer until you're deemed ready, or more often or not, you break and die."

 

I gulped and nodded my head, completley sure that my facial expression screamed  fear.

 

"Now with that said, it's time to start your orientation ceremoney." She said with a devilish smirk forming on her face.

 

Oh no...

 

The girl motioned for me to follow her before walking out of the T.D room, down the hallway and into another room. The only difference in the rooms was that this one was empty and had pads covering the floor.

 

She threw me a set of clothes and motioned for me to change while she turned around afterwards, giving me some privacy. I blushed slightly but continued to change into the clothes that she had thrown at me, every once in a while I peeked at her just to make sure she wasn't looking.

 

After several minutes I finished changing and realized that I was in the same clothes as her. A black tank top, military styled loose fitting pants that cuffed to my ankles at the end to ensure that I wouldn't trip and black military boots.

 

"Umm.. I'm done changing." I said unsurely.

 

She turned around and looked me once over before giving a  nod. "You look better than I thought you would." She said with an off handedness that I took offense to.

 

Before I could say anything though she started walking again and lead us into the middle of the room. Then she stopped and motioned for me to stay where I was. After doing so she continued to walk a couple of more steps before stopping directly infront of me. She smirked and grabbed a roll of athletic tape out of her pants pockets before tearing 2 lengths for herself and then throwing me the roll.

 

I stared at the roll that landed in my hands before looking back at her.

 

"Umm what am I suppose to do?" I asked.

 

She scowled "Well, I don't know. Maybe you should try putting some on your hands. Or not. Really that's quite up to you." She said with a tone full or sarcasm.

 

I scowled but still did what she said. Afterwards tossing the roll back at her.

 

After catching the roll and pocketing it she smirked once again and stretched her hand out palm up and curling her fingers inward in a "come at me" motion before getting into a fighting position, both of her hands up, her knuckles slightly under her eyes and her chin tucked slightly into her chest.

 

You've got to be kidding me.

 

But nonetheless I charged at her arms swinging. But before I knew it I was hitting the floor with a loud bang as the girl stood above me her hands down. She crossed her arms and shook her head at me.

 

"Well? What are you waiting for? Let's continue." She said before looking at the ceiling boredly.

 

I groggily got up and went back to my spot, fuming with anger.

 

Once again I charged at her and our game of run, fall, and up continued over and over again until I finally couldn't get back up after our 10th repeat.

 

As I layed on my back I looked up at the girl's face and thought I could see a slight smile on her face, but I shook it off as head injury. After all I was certain the girl was incapable of any facial expression besides a devilish looking smirk and a deep set scowl. Right before I out I realized with a slight shock and grudging admiration, that the girl had never once moved during that entire 30 minutes of "sparring".


A/N: Hi guys. Umm... I'm really sorry for not having updated this in the longest time!!! I swear I have a good reason.... So I had been busy with school until the Jessica news. And after that I was thoroughly sad. I mean she is my bias but after a while I realized that as long as soshi and Jessica are both happy with whatever they're doing I will support them whole heartedly. So after coming to that realization I've been working on writing this chapter and CWBM's chapter for the last 2 months or so.(It took me an hour to think that after the news broke) And well... this is the product. Please do tell me what you think in the comments below and remember... Comments are motivation, Subscribers are welcomed, and Upvotes are awesome!

*Shadowing out*

-Shadowpanda

 

Special Thanks to: smirk7 Thanks for upvoting! You're awesome!