Letters

The Yellow Ribbon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The envelope containing the money lay strewn across the floor as he read the neat handwriting that the letter contained. It was from his aunt to his mother and it made him sick to read the words scrawled across the crisp, white page of paper.

Jisun,

This is all that I could gather up to help pay for Baekhyun's medical bills. I understand that the treatments are costly but I am running low on money in my savings account. As much as I hate to do this, I can no longer send money to help cover the costs of the chemotherapy. I feel so guilty for doing this, we both love Baekhyun and I want him to live happily but I just can't keep sending money. Tell him that I said hello and that he needs to take care of himself. I hope to be able to see him this month and maybe we can all go get ice cream and dinner together.

Your sister,

Saeri

Baekhyun wanted to throw up. How could his mothe keep this from him? How could his aunt be covering his expenses, he didn't know that his mothe couldn't pay for them herself. He knew that they were expensive and had already asked her to stop paying for the chemotherapy but she insisted that he needed to go. He never wanted this to happen, never. Now he felt guilt set in, his heart was heavy. 

Tears sprung up at the corner of his eyes and soon they were trailing down his puffy, chemo effected cheeks. He crawled over to the wall so he could sit against it. His head dropped onto his knees that were brought up to his chest. He was the reason that his mother didn't have much money. It was his fault that she took overtime just to have money to pay for food to put on the table. All he was was a waste of money and time. He was going to die, he didn't see the reason for trying to prolong a persons life when they were already going to die to start with. It's everyone's destiny to die without leaving much of a mark on the world. Sure, some people did great things but most were missed by few after their deaths, forgotten when those that remembered them died. It was a viscous cycle that went in circles with no meaning to it.

Right at that moment, Baekhyun wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter