Medication

The Yellow Ribbon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There she was again, the girl with the yellow ribbon in her hair that walked in his dreams. He chased her down the busy street, her hair swishing back and forth as she ran. Baekhyun never saw her face, she always remained a mystery to him. Her giggle tinkled down the street as she turned a corner. Baekhyun chased her and stopped when he had noticed that she was no longer there. This always happened in his dreams, she would turn the corner and just be gone. But Baekhyun was all right with that because in his dreams, he could run again. Baekhyun could feel his legs beneath him, powerful and fast moving. He could be free and not have to worry about disease or putting too much stress on his body.

His eyes fluttered open to the sun coming through his windows. Baekhyun didn't want to get out of bed but once he rolled over to check the time, he realized that he needed to take his medicine. There were so many of the little bottles sitting on the counter in the kitchen that he couldn't remember when he got each one of them. All he knew was which one did what. One took away the pain while others were meant to slow down the spread of the cancer, prolonging his life just a little longer.

Baekhyun made his way to the bathroom in the hallway, shuffling his feet like a zombie. To tell the truth, he felt like one. He lived his life seemingly to just go through the motions of life. He looked up into the mirror and froze, it was like someone else was looking back at him. Bag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter