Am I Really?

My Annoying One Sided Love

"Hey, Namjoon-ah! Didn't you hear the rumor that Jihye's now dating Himchan?" Jungkook informed with the elder. "Ah, so many of her fanboys are heart broken. Like me." Jihoon joked around with his hand on his 'broken heart'. Namjoon simply smiled even though he was breaking so much inside. "No, but thanks for the information you guys." He smiled as he gave both of them a bro fist. After talking a bit more, they went their own ways to their own classes and Namjoon was lost in his thoughts yet again. He over heard many coversations of various students throughout the school, it seemed like Jihye and Himchan were the circle of attention.

"Yah! Cheer up! There's plenty of other girls in the sea Jongsuk!" One of Namjoon's classmates, Jiwon had scolded. "Ah, but I was planning to confess today." Jongsuk whined and complained as he hit the lockers in frustration and ruffled his hair. "Why not still ask her out then? Why would football players be trying to score a goal even with a goalie then?" Another schoolmate by the name of Hyunjoon taunted whilst grabbing his books from his locker. The other two looked at him in utter disbelief. "Wah, no wonder you don't have a girlfriend. That's so messed up." Jiwon shook her head at the male. The latter just shrugged as he slammed his locker shut, leaving to his class.

Namjoon felt like he wanted to try as well, but he didn't want to be that much of an . He still wanted to reject and deny that this information was true for rumors are just rumors. But something in his gut felt like something was not right if this rumor was fake. He sat down in his seat and the murmurs throughout the class were all about Jihye and Himchan. 'What was so great about that guy anyway?' Namjoon thought to himself with furrowed eyebrows. Jihye soon came into the class room with an annoyed expression on her face.

Nonetheless, people still swarmed to her asking questions about her relationship status. "Is it true you're no longer on the dating list?" Jongsuk asked with pleading eyes. Jihye huffed and blankly stared at the ground in front of her with crossed arms. "Yes." She shortly replied. "Is it really Him-" Before their classmate Junhong could finish asking, the bell had rung indicating that the students should now all be in their seats. Namjoon didn't really pay attention to what was being taught at the moment.

Needing to distract himself from his heart break with Jihye, one of the ways he could do that was by studying. "Kim Namjoon!" The teacher suddenly yelled causing everyone to look at the called out male. "What is the answer to this problem!?" The teacher demanded. "x = 6" He boredly replied, shocking the teacher. She cleared then continued the lesson, making sure to catch other students not paying attention. Soon enough, the teacher had more than enough names to yell out as well. "Choi Junhong!" "Park Jimin! No, the other Park Jimin!"

Namjoon zoned out again and eventually the lunch break had started. People were trying to swarm over to Jihye again but she ran out of the classroom in a hurry. Namjoon went out to the only place the two of them would go to when they were stressed, the rooftop. But once Namjoon got to the door, he heard another voice that wasn't Jihye's. "It's not Himchan isn't it?" The male's voice asked. Jihye ruffled her hair and sighed.

"No. That's a complete lie. A fake rumor." She said as she gazed up to the sky. "But being in a relationship is true?" The male questioned again. "Yes." Jihye replied not feeling like talking about it even more. "Then who-" The male started but got cut off. "Seungyoon. Kang Seungyoon. Now get out of here Kookie." Jihye sighed again frustrated. Namjoon heard footsteps coming by the door so he made a mad dash out of there.

Jungkook then left the door and as he closed it he sighed and momentarily hung his head low. "I'm sorry you had to find out that way hyung." Jungkook muttered to himself then continued going down the stairs. At the same time, Jihye was on the verge of tears as she was starting to regret this decision of hers. "I'm sorry Namjoon." She sighed as she leaned against one of the plant filled walls. She felt like this was a stupid way of trying to forget Namjoon, in which it really was.

Her heart yearned for him yet she continued to ignore it as she was forcing herself to love someone she barely knew. Jihye tried swallowing the lump in for she is doing one of the worst things she could possibly do. She was leading Seungyoon on for she was confused for what she felt right now. She walked over and opened the door leading back down to school as class was about to start once again. Time passed by very quickly as the end of the school day had already arrived.

As Jihye was at her locker, a certain someone was still watching her from behind a wall. She entered the combination, opened the door, only to find a blue piece of paper fall out from the storage space. She picked up the note and didn't dare to read it until she had gotten all of her books. Once she finished getting her needed materials she then glanced at the note.

"I'm happy for you."

The note said. Jihye's eyebrows furrowed as she could recognize that handwriting from anywhere. She crumpled the note and threw it somewhere random as she slammed her locker shut and ran out of the school before hot tears would flood her eyes. Namjoon then thought to himself with his eyebrows furrowed, tears threatening to spill out of his own eyes.

'Am I really happy for you?'