Somewhat True Somewhat False

My Annoying One Sided Love

"We need to talk."

Those four words already had Namjoon rushing out of his house as quick as possible to meet Jihye at the park she wanted to meet him at. He ran there and stopped about a block away so it didn't look like he was anxiously rushing to get there. He went the the bench and already saw Jihye in a demin shirt, jeans, and black converse with her hair tied into a loose bun. He then walked over to the bench at a normal pace and sat down to the right of his younger friend. She the looked up at him with sad and concerned eyes. As she observed him more, Namjoon had seemed to get skinnier and his dark circles were more prominent.

Jihye sighed as she played with her fingers. "I'm pretty sure you heard the news about me and Himchan right? Heh, well it's a lie. Sort of.." Jihye trailed off as she refused to look at Namjoon. "I'm not dating Himchan, but it doesn't mean I'm not dating anyone." She then turned to the heartbroken male, feeling tears forming in her eyes yet again. "I'm dating Kang Seungyoon. I'm sure you would've heard it from someone else, but I feel like I should tell you in person. I-I think we should just cut things off." Jihye spoke again. A suffocating silence enveloped the two of them as they were eventually lost in their own thoughts. 

One minute...

     Two minutes...

          Five minutes...

               Ten minutes...

Jihye then got up and was about to leave but Namjoon quickly caught onto her wrist and spun her around. He knew he shouldn't do this, but he did it anyway, despite what his mind was telling him. Namjoon angled his head and closed his eyes then took Jihye's lips again, she stiffened but ended up melting into the kiss as well having her eyes flutter shut, turning the kiss into a passionate lip lock. Those nervous feelings and butterflies came washing over again upon the two. The feeling of doing something incredibly wrong, yet having it feel so right was driving them towards the brink of insanity. To the two of them, the entire world has disappeared and it was only the two of them now, no one else.

Once they let go, their foreheads were still resting against each other with their eyes closed. When they opened their eyes once again, they were unsure of each other's feelings, let alone their own. The two awkwardly let go of each other and went their own separate ways without another word to each other. Jihye was walking and ended up gradually having the walk turn into a sprint as she dialed someone's number trying not to cry. Namjoon slowly walked in the opposite direction of Jihye as he furrowed his eyebrows together. Once he got home, he sat in front of the door instead of actually going inside.

He wondered why he was acting like this, wasn't it just a simple highschool crush that he should get over? He had been told countless times that love is is such a childish thing, yet again, the ones who told him that haven't had a stable relationship that lasted even one week. Namjoon groaned and ruffled his hair since he was feeling stupid, he thought he was over reacting towards this situation. In other people's eyes, it could seem that way as well. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself down, but alas, that was a terrible idea. He could only picture all the good memories with Jihye.

He could see her beautiful smile, her cuteness, how energetic she was, that she would always feel better when he was with her, he could see every single little thing he loved about that girl. He could even imagine what their future would be like together, but that only made his heart feel so much heavier. He eventually got up and went inside of his home, taking off his shoes, and went straight into his room without another word. It's not like there was anyone home to talk to anyway, parents both at work, siblings at an after school program, he was all alone. He plopped down on his bed not even bothering to change as he stared at the ceiling of his room. 

Trying to think of something else to distract him, he sadly chuckled as it wasn't working at all. Thinking about idols and hallyu, he remembered the times she told him he would be an incredible rapper in hallyu. She would either be in a duo with him, same company, an idol as well, or just suporting as a normal fan. He would also think about the times she would sing him to sleep even if she wasn't comfortable with her singing voice. He slightly smiled as he remembered how many times she was off key or even how many times her voice cracked causing her cheeks to turn pink in embarassment.

Thinking about sports made him remember her passion for basketball, volleyball, running, and just working out. He remembered the times she would ask him for help in improving her skills and even begging him to be her practice partner for self defense. Thinking about school work was just obviously a terrible idea. School work meant school, which meant the place he met Jihye, which also meant the reason to his stupidity and heartbreak. He also remembered those times in middle school when they tried to beat each other in the school's ranking. Jihye was always right under him and she laughed at it, getting a tiny bit angry, but then eventually letting the anger wash away five minutes later. 

After who knows for how long it's been, Namjoon suddenly got a text message from an unknown number.

"Live life well without me okay? I've decided that it's best that we forever go our separate ways and cut off all contact with one another. It turns out my parents are moving out of Ilsan away. This is our final goodbye Kim Namjoon. Don't contact me through this number, it isn't my phone."

Jihye had tears spilling out of her eyes as she then deleted the text messages she sent using Seungyoon's phone. Everything she said was true, she was just hoping that time will be able to heal both of their wounds. Of course those wounds would forever leave scars in their hearts, but she thought of it as living and learning. She wiped away the hot tears from her face as Seungyoon came back into the living room with two mugs of Jasmine tea with a small smile on his face. Jihye blankly stared at the mug for this was Namjoon's favorite type of tea.

Seungyoon noticed that Jihye was only staring at the mug, so after taking a sip of his own tea and putting it down, he held Jihye's hands. The girl then looked up at Seungyoon with a blank and innocent expression on her face. Seungyoon smiled at the sight and sighed. He continuously smiled as he let go of one of Jihye's hands to caress her face. He then brought the girl into his embrace and held onto her firmly but gently. Jihye noticed the different feelings compared to hugging Namjoon and Seungyoon.

Her eyes then widened as she realized she shouldn't be comparing the two of them at any given time. Seungyoon then let go of the hug to cup Jihye's face into his hands. He stared lovingly into her confused and innocent eyes and softly spoke. "I'll try my best to make you forget him." He sadly smiled. He lifted her chin up to steal those soft lips of hers. Jihye then slowly responded back as her arms went around the back of Seungyoon's neck.

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

'Why don't I feel anything like when I was kissing Namjoon?'