Chapter 10: TaeNy

School Lessons

Pairing: TaeNy

Oneshot for: asdfkryber

Enjoy!


Taeyeon shot a look in the direction of her best friend who was happily talking with none other that the football team captain Nickhun Horvejkul.

The way Tiffany's voice raised an octave, her back was straightened up , her head cutely tilted to the side and how her eyesmile seemed brighter than normally gave Taeyeon enough hints to know that the younger was openly flirting with him, she had seen the eye-smiling girl do this way too many times for her to not be sure.

"Yeah, I need to get home, I'll call you later." Nickhun told Tiffany before he leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek, the redhead just flashed him a smile before he walked away, she just shot a glance in Taeyeon direction, a bright smile ressembling how she felt before she headed to where Taeyeon was.

Taeyeon scoffed at this, he didn't see what was so special about him, so what if he was athletic, hot, handsome, rich and sweet? That was nothing special, right? Even her, little Kim Taeyeon had abs, it was not a huge deal.

"He's so dreamy!" Said Tiffany in her megaphone voice, causing Taeyeon to roll her eyes at her as she listened to her talk nonstop about him.

"It's a bit stereotypical of you, isn't it?" Taeyeon said as Tiffany sighed audibly after talking wonderfully about the guy. "You being the cheerleaders' captain, him being the football team's captain...." Tiffany laughed at this.

"It's not like I'd date the math's club president." Tiffany looked at her weirdly. "You know Seohyun's not my type." She finished jokingly.

"Well, you could date the Comic Club's president." Taeyeon said jokingly, but meaning it hundred porcent.

"Mmmh..Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany placed her hand on her chin and acted as if she was thinking. "She's pretty, but she's too much of a dork." She finished with a huge laugh, Taeyeon laughed awkwardly at this, her possibilities of dating the younger were nonexistent and she had known it from a long time.

"Now, in all seriousness." Taeyeon said, "Be careful, I don't want you to get hurt."

"We're not dating yet, don't worry" Tiffany said as she ruffled Taeyeon's hair. "But thank you nonetheless, you're protective of me and I really like that." Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon and kissed her cheek, causing the smaller one to blush. "No wonder you're my bestfriend."

She didn't notice how bitter Taeyeon's smile was when she said that.

 

 

"Are you okay?" Asked Sunny as she watched the slightly taller walk through the door, the older one shook her head and Sunny sighed, knowing what had happened. "Is it about that girl again...Tiffany?" 

Taeyeon nodded once again before she sat down.

"Why is she so perfect? I've been here for her all along... Why can't she like me?Why can't I be a guy?" Asked Taeyeon, her eyes shining in sadness as she looked up at the still standing Sunny, the latter didn't know what to say, watching her, dealing with a heartbroken friend was something she didn't know how to handle.

"Let's go get some ice cream." Sunny said, hoping the slightly older one felt better once she ate her favorite dessert.

 

"You treat me like a kid." Taeyeon said as she and Sunny walked in the park, eating their ice creams.

"Yet, you are eating the ice cream I bought you." Sunny replied teasing her. The older girl just stuck the tongue out for the shorter one.

"You should get over her, you know." Sunny said after they had been walking for a while, taking her hand as she did so.

"I know." Taeyeon said as she looked at Sunny with a sad smile on her lips. "I should just date you." Taeyeon said jokingly as she wrapped her arm around the shortest one's shoulder and wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Sunny laughed loudly as her eyes turned into crescents.

"I'm noone's second choice," Sunny replied after a while, still joking around. "Besides, I already have my eyes on someone and she's waay taller than you." 

They walked around like that, joking while holding each other close.

"Taeyeon?" They both heard and the mentioned turned around, only to find Tiffany and Nickhun walking hand in hand behind them. Great, just what she needed.

"Oh... hey Tiff." Taeyeon smiled awkwardly.

"Who is she?" She asked as she, sort of angrily, pointed at Sunny.

"She..." 

"I'm Lee Sunny." Sunny replied as she held her hand so Tiffany could shake it. "It seems like everyone likes to come to the park for dates." She continued as she wrapped her arms tighter around Taeyeon, who just looked back at her with wide eyes.

"A... date?" Asked Tiffany, her eyes widening as she turned to look at Taeyeon, who just looked away, not understanding what was going on.

"Yes." Sunny said, eyesmiling at Tiffany. "Little Kim Taeyeon asked me out when we were at the Comic Club and who was I to turn down such a sweet girl."

"Oh..." Tiffany said, Nickhun just stood there awkwardly, watching confused as Tiffany glared at Sunny.

"Well, we'll let you continue your date and we'll continue our own." Sunny said as she suddenly kissed Taeyeon's cheek. "Nice meeting you, see you later."

And with that, she dragged Taeyeon away.

 

"What the heck's wrong with you?" Asked Taeyeon as they were far enough from Tiffany and Nickhun.

"I'm helping you." Sunny said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Look, Tiffany was practically spitting fire from seeing you with me."

"That's because she... she has a great sense of possesiveness, she doesn't like sharing anything, not even me." Taeyeon answered. 

"Jealousy is jealousy, and that's what I saw today." Sunny said simply. "You'll see, let me help you and she'll be yours in less in a blink."

"So I just tell her you're my girlfriend?" Asked Taeyeon, hoping that Sunny was right. "Wouldn't she not try to approach me if you were my girlfriend?"

"Just tell her we're working on it."

"But what about your tall girl?" Asked Taeyeon.

"Hopefully, she'll be jealous too."

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?" Asked Tiffany, the next day at school. "Heck, why didn't you tell me you liked girls?"

"I didn't think it was neccessary." Answered Taeyeon nervously. "Besides, she's not my girlfriend."

"Then what is she?" Tiffany was mad, it was obvious, and Taeyeon couldn't help but feel guilty from this.

"We're working on it." She murmured.

Tiffany looked absolutely furious and Taeyeon took a deep breath, continuing this charade.

"Why are you even so mad? Aren't you my best friend? Shouldn't you be happy that I found a girl I like?" Her voice so small she was afraid Tiffany didn't hear her.

Taeyeon watched  as Tiffany's brows relaxed and went high up in her forehead, surprised.

"You... like her that much?" Tiffany's voice came, low and husky, causing Taeyeon's system to turn into mush.

"I... ." She said. "I actually am in love with another girl, I've been in love with her for way too long, and Sunny knows it, but I like her and she's nice too, that's why we're working on what we are." She said, she wasn't totally lying but she wasn't telling the truth either.

Tiffany nodded thoughtfully before she smiled bitterly.

"I'm happy for you."

Taeyeon had never heard such forced words come out from her best friend's mouth.

 

Taeyeon was in the meeting room of the comic club, she was arranging the comic she had brought this time, trying to divert her thoughts from what she had gotten herself into, but it was impossible.

She and Sunny had been 'fake dating' for the past few weeks and the only thing she had noticed is that it made Tiffany less happy and less clingy on her, but she had surprisingly  noted it had also caused Tiffany and Nickhun to stop meeting each other, but no sign of it really said Tiffany liked her too so she was confused.

On Sunny's side things seemed to be going on better, since the younger one had told her the tall girl was extremely jealous and seemed to have become more clingy.

At least something was going on well.

She was suddenly brought out of her thoughts as someone opened the door roughly, causing the short girl to jump from the abruptity of the loud bang.

The person who opened the door abruptly was a tall slanky girl, her uniform revealed she was a grade below Taeyeon although most people would think she's older than her. 

She strode angrily to Taeyeon, who only backed up as the other advanced, all until her back hit the wall.

"Are you Kim Taeyeon?" The other girl asked her, she just nodded nervously, hoping the other girl would just say 'Okay' and then leave.

The taller girl grabbed the collar of her shirt and then she lifted her from the ground at least 10 centimeters, she still didn't meet the tall girl face to face.

"I want you to leave Lee Sunny alone."

"What?" She asked, confused as to what was going on. 

Before the tall girl could reply her, Sunny entered the room, looking breathless as she did so.

"Sooyoung!" She exclaimed, causing the taller girl to turn around.

The girl apparently called Sooyoung let go of Taeyeon harshly, causing the short one to fall on her .

"Hey Sunny..." Said Sooyoung as she scratched the back of her neck.

Sunny hurried over to Taeyeon and helped her stand up, the older one just rubbed her as she did so.

"Why did you do that?" Asked Sunny, as she glared slightly at Sooyoung.

"Because...I can't take it anymore!" She exclaimed dramatically. "I like you Sunny, and the fact that you have been with this girl for almost a month and, you're not even a couple I feel like she's playing with you." She looked at Taeyeon menacingly. "I would never do that to you."

Taeyeon was then released by Sunny who hugged Sooyoung tightly.

"I like you too." Sunny murmured as she held the tall girl. 

Taeyeon suddenly felt out of place whil watching this. So she just fled the place, happy that things were going smoothly for Sunny.

But when will things go smoothly for her?

 

 

"Hey Taeyeon." Tiffany greeted her.

"Hey." She replied.

"Heard Sunny is now with another girl." She said, holding Taeyeon's hand as a sign of support. "Are you okay?"

Taeyeon laughed slightly at the question.

"Of course I'm fine." Taeyeon said as she smiled at Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at her confused, wondering if the girl was lying.

But she really did look fine.

"But I thought you and her..." She whispered but Taeyeon interrupted her.

"I know what you thought, we made you believe that." Taeyeon replied, figuring that now that she and Sunny were no longer 'dating' she could tell the truth to the younger one. Maybe it'll have a nice result.

"What are you talking about?" Tiffany asked, obviously confused.

"We are just friends." Taeyeon replied. "We pretended to be hooking up in order to make jealous the girl I liked and the girl she liked, which is the girl she's dating now."

Tiffany just opened wide her eyes and looked at Taeyeon, the surprise she felt was clear all over her face. She cleared and then started talking. 

"And how did things go with the girl you like?" Asked Tiffany, looking at Taeyeon deeply as she intertwined their fingers.

"I don't know." Taeyeon replied honestly. "She seemed jealous... but never acted on it."

"Who is she?" The taller of the two said as she looked at Taeyeon with a weird stare, Taeyeon couldn't quite comprehend it, but decided to do something she would've never been brave enough to say before.

"It's you." She murmured in a low voice, Tiffany's eyes turned wide open and her cheeks flared in pink. "I'm sorry." 

"No," The eyesmiling girl said. "No, don't be sorry."

They stayed quiet, looking at each other with pink cheeks and sweaty hands.

"You know...I think I'm into pretty girls." Tiffany said out of the blue. Taeyeon looked at her confused, not knowing what she tried to say with that. "But I like them even more when they're dorky."

Taeyeon just blushed, was Tiffany telling her what she thought she was telling her?

"I like you, Kim Taeyeon." 

She really was telling what she thought she was, what to do?

"Oh." Murmured Taeyeon, not knowing how to act right now, the awkward and shy side of her self taking over her.

Tiffany smiled, she leaned in and pecked Taeyeon's lips briefly, noticing how the older girl looked at her as if she was some sort of rare gem.

"Yes," Tiffany said with an eyesmile on her face. "oh."