Drama 3 : The Loose Beauty

Live Like A Drama

Drama 3 : The Loose Beauty

 

Previously:

Yonghwa sat on his bed, contemplating whether to read it or not, he dismissed it by pulling his blanket to cover his whole body in hope that he can get over it but her words were still playing on his mind. Over and over again, set to make his life a misery.

“You are such a disgrace to your own reputation”

He angrily tear off the envelop only to find a tape which he quickly put inside the player before he changed his mind. It was the first movie he ever directed.. the movie he was so keen in making that he fought with the school vice principal. He nearly got expelled for it but he was safe due to Seohyun’s involvement on the project.

It felt nostalgic.. the way he fought for dramas, how many comrades he made along the way. How his life change to become something very meaningful. As the credits rolled in, his eyes are starting to get teary. He almost forgot the feeling of how he’s not useless when he finished filming. That he succeeded in pulling it all together to create his own masterpiece. He saw a note together with a car key inside the envelope so he took it out.

Sunbae,

This is my last effort to come down to your level. You owed it to the dramas for making your life meaningful. Just because life gets tough, you got to go through with it because you owed the dramas that much. You loved them, then show it! Stop being a coward and quit when it doesn’t go the way you want. Seeing you today.. one thing come across my mind. You don’t even know what you doing anymore. It will only be right for you to go back to the correct side of the road to undo the past.

He is a very prideful man, in pride come an action wanting to protect it. Self destructing was common whenever it involves pride. Sometimes, it did bring you good but very rare does it bring you benefits.

He covered his eyes with his right hand palm, trying to gather his feelings back together. He needs to go back.

***

Summer, 2009

“Your grade is going down Jung Yong Hwa.. you failed in Mathematics! It was enough reason for this movie to not be approved by the school.”

“But this movie involves over 30 students. They all deserve to see this movie. It came from their sweats and tears. It’s like you are taking away their life line. How could you?”

“How could me?! How could I when my students couldn’t differentiate between what’s hobby and what’s their future. I get it, you like making movies.. but studies are the most important.”

“I’m still going to do it!”

“Then you are suspended! You bring bad influence to those kids..”

“Fine, then will you air it?! You suspend me and the movie will still air at the school festival. I don’t mind that.”

“What?! You got bright future in front of you Yonghwa.. “

“You heard me.” Yonghwa nearly grabbed his collar after slamming down the teacher’s room table.

“What about your family?”

He took a breather, thinking about the disappointment his family will be facing as their eldest son bring nothing but shame to their family’s name.

‘Knock..knock…’

“Come in.” The teacher allowed the person outside to come in.

“Songsaengnim…” Seohyun bowed politely at the teacher before sliding on a few papers to the table which the teacher looked at seriously. She directed her gaze and glared at her sunbae stupid actions. As always, he wore his heart on his sleeve.

“Please sit..” Seohyun sat and pulled Yonghwa to sit next to her.

“We are sorry songsaengnim but if we get Yonghwa to score on the next paper, you must approve of our movie.”

“It’s not just that, the school fund that we are about to use for the scholarships are all gone.”

“I wasn’t aware of the fund for scholarships.” Seohyun frowned.

“So you get yourself con away by a conman..” She added, glancing at him in disbelief.

“He was my adopted brother..” Yonghwa said sighing.

“Please.. songsaengnim. We are just like any other student.” Seohyun pleaded to the Vice Principal.

“Can I trust you?”

“You can.”

“I let this kid go every single time he made a problem, i let him go because I’m concern for his future but this can’t go on.”

“Suspension was a bit harsh.”

“I’m thinking of expelling if he did what he about to do to me. These kind of kids needs tough love.. but when it comes to their family and their future. It hurts me to do so.”

“He’s not a troublemaker anymore, he just a student that loves dramas. It’s not that he goes around kicking people.” Seohyun paused because she noticed how reluctant the vice principal on accepting her plea.“My family will fund the school to cover all the loss he had made to produce and even the con away money.” Yonghwa looked at his side. He was beyond shocked… she was indeed serious about what she said.

“If you said so then okay...only because I trust you. You’re the school model student anyway.… and really thanks for covering all the losses.” The Vice Principal held his temple for a while before accepting her offer with a sigh.

Both of them went outside of the office when Yonghwa called out for Seohyun who was walking ahead of him.

“Thanks and sorry.”

“I did not do that for you, I did that for the club members who respects you.. and it’s admirable that you tried to preserve their respects so you deserve it but sunbae. You must study really hard to make it up for what I did earlier.”

“Is it fine that you fund all those money?”

“It’s fine..”

“I can pay you back.”

“Sunbaenim, I’m rich enough to survive.. you take care of yourself.” Seohyun turned to face him and curved a gentle encouraging smile before walking to the gate to hug a slightly older guy than she was.

Might be, her brother.

He did not classify himself as her close oppa, but they did work on several projects during high school. Weirdly as her extracurricular activity she picked drama club instead of piano or the book club. They didn’t know this until their last year of high school that she was the daughter of the H Wave Entertainment company. Who would? It was a public school and she behave normally, not being a picky eater or flaunt some branded goods on their face. She was also the one who got super excited when she heard that they will be going to some goguma field. It was only when she debuted as an actress that was under her father company that it was made public. Too bad they haven’t got the chance to work together because she went abroad when he had made it big. He had guessed that maybe she took various role during her involvement in the club and at the entertainment field to help succeed her family.

But this girl on the drama site seemed really different.

She was cold, calculative and manipulating.

Present day, 2 weeks after they last met.

He was acting as another director for group B while the overall leader was some new ‘IT PD’ which was freaking arrogant. He guessed that was karma somehow on regards how he had treated his sunbaes.

“Do you know that the only important thing is not camera work? I’m just saying this as your sunbae but playing too much with camera in this scene will only dismiss the actual love feeling that’s in the air.”

“Sunbaenim, you already rusty.. so why don’t we work on this silently.” Yonghwa rolled his eyes on this new kid disobedience but what he said was true, he was rusty. He sighed and shook his head, ruining his own hair in frustration before grabbing his Ice Cold Coffee and stormed out from the editing room when he saw the SBC hallway practically in chaos with all sorts of running around passing some tape.

“What happened?” Yonghwa nudged his old sunbae shoulder when he saw him sighing after coming out from the broadcasting room.

“Since when you become so busybody Yonghwa yaa?”

“Since I live in the village.” Yonghwa winked slyly at his sunbae earning a chuckle from him.

“The Ring Part 2 happened.” Yonghwa eyes widened, there are no such thing as the Ring back in the days.. perhaps. ‘Money Hungry or Ruin of the Zeus?’ but no such thing as the Ring Part 2.

“What’s that?” Yonghwa asked curiously though his heart jumped a little when he saw a young girl assistant PD that just entered this company 2 years before his absence standing normally before plopping down the wall and squatted down with her back leaning against the wall.

“Yaaa!” His sunbae dragged the girl to stand up. “Don’t lay down here!”

“Do you see this?” The girl stood in disbelief at the blood on her hand.

“Okay, what’s all of this?” Yonghwa exchanged look with both of them. They ended up sitting at the coffee table near the giant window of the building.

“So you know Ruin of the Zeus?”

“Of course..”

“This time it’s his little sister.”

“Seohyun?!”

“Do you know her sunbaenim?” The young girl PD asked.

“Ah.. of course I know her. Everyone knows her.”

“She’s a ‘loose beauty’ like seriously!”

“What’s ‘loose beauty’?”

“Her nickname when she goes around after coming back to Korea.”

“Yaa, Yonghwa when you got suspended she’s been a producer.”

“Why ‘loose beauty’ I thought she’s the nation sweetheart?”

“She’s a beauty on the loose that’s why.”

“Yeah, but I never saw that side of her yet. I said ‘yet’ because we never know. People changed.” Yonghwa took a sip of coffee on the plastic cup ready to get back to work when the two co-workers continue to talk about the filming site. He decided to stay instead and listen.

“The helicopter is experiencing some technical problems. It’s not possible to fly it over there.” Her assistant said in panic as all the staffs was focusing on him.

“We will not make it in time, that’s why I said don’t change the script.” The PD at the broadcast station said frustratingly.

“Any other transportations?”

“Cars.”

“Cars?! In this traffic?!” Seohyun nearly shouted her lungs out. “The drama won’t air tonight then!” She said frustratingly.

“We still need to film.. let the dispatch kids send over some new scenes first.” Seohyun was beyond frustrated, she grabbed the car keys and throw it to the dispatch guy. “We need backup in case if something happened..”

 She can’t trust this guy, this was the first time he worked as the dispatch guy. No experienced over the streets, no necessary skills to use… how can they deliver it within time. The assistant director was asked to go from the broadcasting station to the filming site just to make sure the tape was on its right way to the broadcasting station.

She decided to follow him just to make sure.

He went as fast as he could have and slipped in between the cars on the road but then a motorbike came in out of nowhere and as the dispatch guy was trying to deviate from running into the motorbike it crashed into the bridge divider.

Seohyun who arrived at the scene 10 minutes later, was shocked to see the dispatch car at the side of the bridge, almost hanging and nearly falling into the river. She ran out of her car and proceeded to check what had happened. The guy was trapped and the people were trying to get him out. The red blood stained formed a pool at the side of the road.. she was taken aback.

Her heart dropped in an instance, she looked at her watch again, 13 minutes left before the airing time.. She needed to go… she saw the assistant director running to the scene trying to take a glimpse at the dispatch guy, the girl’s here. She could leave right?

And she did leave.

“Take care of him.” She pointed to the bleeding guy before grabbing the tape on the road. The car won’t be fast enough..  Seohyun’s glanced at a nearby motorbike that stop to help. She took over the motorbike and threw some large amount of money to the said man who was riding the motorbike and head off despite not having any appropriate driving license for the said vehicle.

The people sitting around on the table stayed silent. It was shocking alright.

He knew he should have tried to defend her because he knew her the longest among the crowd but he just sat there, forming thoughts of his own.

He bitted his lower lips, contemplating… when he noticed she was staring at the three of them sitting at the table.

“Seohyun..” He stood up.

Did she hear their conversation?

She didn’t greet him as her sunbae and instead she bowed politely to him and to the other two that stood up to greet her.

“H-how’s the man?” She stammered as she asked the young assistant PD called Yong Joo.

He looked at her trembling hand and there’s a slight hint of bruises there. She’s traumatize..

“He’s stable for now.”

“What about his family?”

“They are already informed.”

“Ah.. okay.” She nodded slightly before turning her back against them.

“It looks like the drama has successfully aired. She managed to come in time.” Yong Joo leaned in and whispered to Yonghwa but Yonghwa was too busy glancing at Seohyun to care.

“I’ve got to go..” Yonghwa said, his eyes were still busy staring at her back. He noticed how she struggled to walk..

“W-wait sunbae!” Yong Joo screamed but Yonghwa was already running trying to catch up with her.

“Let’s go to the hospital.” He blocked Seohyun path.

“Yonghwa sshi. We’re in public.” She said, looking around the hall and noticed quite a few eyes were on them.

“Let’s go to the hospital.” He emphasized, his tone got slightly higher than before.

“I’m not going.” She walked passed him.

“Seo Joohyun!”

She stopped her steps, stunned and he took the chance and grabbed her hand. Great, just great. Now everybody is officially looking at them.

“Sunbae.. let me go.”

He ignored her request and dragged her away but he stopped once he heard a winching sound coming from her.

“Why? Does it hurt?” He eyed her limping leg concernly. How a girl managed to ride off in a motorbike without a license baffled him.  “Do you get in accident. That’s why you are hurt?” He asked but she doesn’t answer and instead tried to wriggle her hand out from his grasp. This must be because of that. Silly girl, indeed.

“Let’s go then.”

“Sunbae! I don’t want to! I don’t deserve to! Now let me go.” Once again, she tried to pull out her hand out from him.

His face fell flat. She’s blaming herself.

“Geez, you’re such a stubborn girl.” He smiled cheekily before patting her head like she just did a good job, she just stood there frozen. “I will let you go once you reached the hospital.”

“I will go by myself.”

“You will not, I know you.”

“I’ve changed.”

“Har…har..har. Not in the mood to talk about changes. Do you want to walk or you want me to carry you in front of all these station workers?”

Her eyes widened, ready to pop out.

“Now let me be a good sunbae and you to the hospital okay?” He said tenderly before letting out a familiar looking smile.

She curved into a small smile. Somehow she felt warm when she saw his smile.  He was the only one who didn't gave her 'that look'.

“Ne.” She slightly nodded.

“Good girl.”

“But can you lift me up when you’re bringing me outside the hospital?”

“What?!” He said shocked.

“It hurts… but you can’t do it here. People are looking. As a matter of fact don’t even touch me. Even a thread of my clothes arent allowed.”

“Yaa kid! Do I look like I care?”

She started laughing and somehow Yonghwa can hear gasping sound coming from around them. What’s this? Why are they so surprise? Did she really change for the worst?

He looked back at her.. she was saying something to him. She looked just as bright as she did when they were students.

“Let’s go, sunbae.”

 

 

Author's Note

Since i haven't updated any of my fics.. I decided to update this one since it has been save on my folder for quite a while.