Drama 2 : The Offer

Live Like A Drama

Drama 2 : The Offer

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYIJfrmiprM

Previously :

A knock was heard, so he grumpily woke up… shoving all his clothes to some non visible place.

“Wait.. I’m coming.” The knocking sounds stop. He thought it was some villagers that is paying him a visit to invite him to some village party or maybe to give him some food so he just went out without cleaning himself up. He groggily opened the door, scratching his head when his eyes widened and his mouth are slightly parted. If he jaw could drop to the floor it already would.

“Annyeonghaeseyo sunbaenim.”

“Seo Joohyun!? What are you doing here?” Yonghwa covered his top, Seohyun who had just realized the compromising view she was in, squeezed her eyes shut. Her fluffy cheeks was coloured with bright red.

***

Yonghwa touched Seohyun gently at her shoulder, her body tensed at the moment she felt his touch. She looked away still closing her eyes probably chanting something on her head.

“Seo Joohyun, you can open your eyes you know right?”

“Really? You all cover up right?” Yonghwa chuckled amusingly at her question.

“No I strip down.” Yonghwa tried to suppress his laughter when the said girl just shut her eyes as close as it could possibly get. The line of wrinkles on her eyes were evident proving that she did believed his statement. “Aigoo, I’m not a byun. Just open it.. I don’t want to abuse my hoobae eyes won’t i?” Seohyun peeked with her left eye before opening her right eye when she already saw Yonghwa’s in his clothes, his cheeks seemingly ready to burst out at any moment. She sighed feeling relief only to be the receiving end of his evil laughter.

“Sunbae..” She pouted feeling embarrassed.

“Haven’t you seen a grown man body? You are old enough to see one.” Seohyun cleared awkwardly at his question. “Don’t tell me you still show your disgusting face when you see one?” He leaned closer in amusement and Seohyun retreated back as a defense mechanism. “You did don’t you?!? Haha! Gahh, some people don’t change do they?”

“Cham, you sure get comfortable enough with me despite not seeing me for several years.” Seohyun rubbed her hands together, trying to make herself more warm due to the cold weather.

“Come in.” Seohyun about to say no to his offer when Yonghwa grabbed her right arm and dragged her inside before cleaning up his clothes on his bed. “Sorry, a little bit messy.”

Only now she actually had the chance to take a good look at the room, the beer bottle was everywhere.. his clothes was put away hurriedly under the bed and even under the blanket. The socks were everywhere and the dishes was left to pile up on the sink like a tall tower. His appearance was also a mess with the beard, long disheveled hair and crumpled clothes. Honestly she did feel a bit scared because the sunbae that she knew and this sunbae in front of her didn’t look the same to her except for having the same face. The only assurance that she had was the fact of how he joked around before. “Sunbaenim, you look really different now.” Seohyun said despite feeling awkward with their situation right now.

“I can’t say the same to you. Despite hearing the very famous rumor that you have grown colder over the years you still look the same. I don’t see any coldness coming from you.” Yonghwa offered her a glass of plain water which she gladly accepted.

“Thank you sunbaenim, well I don’t know what you heard about me when you, yourself live like a caveman but I got a business proposal for you.” She said, crossing her legs during the process. Looking emotionally detached than before. “Be the director for my next project.”

“I’m not going to direct anything.”

“I will leave the papers here, and my worker will leave you with a red Range Rover Evoque for you to drive around during the drama shooting period. My phone number is on this bed, contact me once you officially return to SBC station as a director.” Seohyun said nonchalantly grabbing her handbag ready to go back home.

“Seohyun, I’m not going back there.” She stopped, stunt with what she just heard. Maybe it was true after all, the rumors that her famous sunbae lost his passion for dramas. She turned to face him, observing him carefully.

“What happened to you sunbaenim?” Seohyun said breathlessly before shaking her head, disagreeing with what she just asked. “No, don’t say anything. It’s none of my business.”

“Fine but you’re leaving? It’s night Seohyun, I don’t think you should go back. Stay here with me. No.. stay here, I’m going over to some ahjusshi place okay?” Seohyun looked at him, her eyes showing a glint of disappointment.

“I’m sorry sunbaenim for what I might say afterwards.” She bowed at him respectfully before her face went serious once she stood straight and she took a deep breath before continuing her sentence again. “Sunbae, you look pathetic. The one that said to me..live like a drama. Bwoh? Sunbae.. if you going to keep on living like this then don’t even let me find you. If any of your hoobaes see you like this, their dream will get crush and the one that step on them is non other than you.” Her nose are flaring.. and she bitted her lips trying to contain herself. “The last thing I hope to see is you losing your own passion. I thought I’m the one who is despicable for being the way I am now, I was partially excited to see my school legendary sunbae only to leave with utter disappointment. You are such a disgrace to your own reputation. Call me, if you ever got back your passion.” Seohyun looked at the ceiling for a while, trying to digest the changes that occurs to Jung Yonghwa.

Yonghwa was pissed off, who won’t? But he knew what she said was right. He knew that anything that he said for his defense was not up to the par with her argument. He took his jacket, storming out from the door before coming back in.

“Stay here, don’t go anywhere till the sun rise up again, go ahead and take a shower if not you will be sick. There’s a change of clothes in my drawers and they are clean so no worries.” He grabbed her car keys.

“My workers will pick me up, I already told them my location.” Seohyun tried to take back her car keys only to lose it to Yonghwa again.

“They can’t come here, there a landslide at the only road leading to here.” Seohyun looked panic enough for Yonghwa to be concern.

“What’s wrong?”

“I left my netbook at my house. I got to revise the yearly revenue before tomorrow.. there’s not even a single internet connection here. Aish…”

“I might be wrong, I guess you did change.” She stopped with her panic spree. “If the you before, you won’t know how to use your wealth that well.” Seohyun looked at Yonghwa only to be face with his back, walking out from the room.

“People changed.” She said slowly but loud enough for Yonghwa to hear.

“That’s why you shouldn’t nag me for changing so much Joohyun. I bet you already saw what reality can do to you sometimes.” Once the door was closed, she sighed writing down their conversation on her phone. After doing that, she puts her phone at the bedside and pulled up her sleeve ready to clean up the room, trying to erase lingering memories that was playing on her head.

On the other hand, Yonghwa was having a hard time sleeping on Uncle Jooshin’s floor mat. He uncomfortably tried to shift to his right side, unconsciously remembering the first time he and Seohyun spoke to each other.

“So why do you want to see me again?”

“This is for you!” Seohyun slightly raised her voice due to her shy nature, avoiding any eye contact with Yonghwa.

“Wow, I can’t believe you just give this kind of stuff to me. You’re the last person I could ever think off giving me something like this.” Seohyun blushed profusely at his claim, shaking her head at his statement.

“It’s from a friend.” Seohyun said softly regaining her composure. Slowly, Yonghwa removed his hands from his pocket pants and grabbed the letter.

“It’s too bad, I would like it if its from you.” He grinned teasingly at Seohyun. The only thing that she got from his statement was this guy were childish and full of himself.

“Sunbae, you should read it because my friend is watching us.” Seohyun ignored his teasing and got straight to the point.

“Give it back to her, I won’t accept the letter.” Yonghwa took Seohyun’s hand and opened it before giving back the letter. “I don’t feel like dating anybody.”

“Aren’t you too harsh sunbaenim at least read it. She’s been writing it all night long and I’ve been suffering because I need to accompany her that time.”

“Say the one who’s been rejecting guys as much as I’ve been rejecting the girls. At least I date a couple of them. Well say to her, that i’m in relationship with someone.” Seohyun didn’t say a word after hearing his explanation but he knew from the look at her face that she was contemplating of the ways that she would explained to her friend.

“I’m in relationship with dramas. I love them and I won’t leave them at all. That’s how much I loved them.” He patted her shoulder before humming his way out from the crowd that has been surrounding them in curiosity.

That piqued on her curiosity.. Dramas? She needed extra credit too, so why don’t she just joined the drama club. She jogged a little to her friend Hwan Hee only to be greeted by sobbing sounds.

And thus, her typical school day started again.

***

Seohyun took a walk outside, enjoying the changes of scenery from Seoul. She was born there so she are not used with this kind of environment but its peaceful enough for her. She stretched her hand, embracing the air as she inhaled it when she saw a couple groups of villagers watching her intently, their mouth are moving as they are saying something. Did she do something wrong? She looked at her clothing, to be exact Yonghwa’s clothes. Is there something wrong with it.. She looked at the grey oversized t-shirt and she’s still wearing her grey jeans from last night. There’s nothing wrong with her appearance.. well maybe because she’s a stranger. She looked at her Aigner watch anxiously, it’s 7 am but really the ride from here to Seoul is like 2 hours. It’s safe to say that she’s not going to see any workloads today.

Her thoughts are put into a stop once a nervous ahjumma greeted her, she bowed politely to the ahjumma, and then she realised she met this ahjumma before.

“You’re the girl from before right?”

“I am.”

“You went with a private jet before too right? aigooo.. you must be rich. We don’t know Yonghwa’s has a girlfriend.”’

Well that’s because she needs to go to Japan in order to send the tape safely.. and she can’t do that again without any sort of planning so that’s why she can’t go back to Seoul right away.

“Omoooo!” The crowd murmurs turned louder… she silently hope that they won’t notice who she was.

“But you look like Seo Joohyun! The actress right?”

Oh, I’m so dead…

“Nahh, she just looked familiar with her. She’s a drama and movie producer though.” Yonghwa chimed in, almost jumping to the scene due to the drain that’s separating him and Seohyun. Instinctively, Seohyun clings on Yonghwa’s arm feeling intimidated by all the stares and questions.

“She’s not my girlfrie..” Yonghwa ignored Seohyun’s tight gripped on his arms and tried to clear all the misunderstandings when the villagers are smiling shyly at Seohyun who didn’t leave an inch of gap between herself and Yonghwa. She was like a little puppy cuddling to her owner. It was safe to assume that she indeed was his girlfriend.

“Ayeee!” The ahjumma interrupted Yonghwa’s explanation. “Look at you two, like two lovebirds that is so madly in love. Ji Suk ahjusshi and I used to be like that when we are young too.”

“B…but.”

“Ya! You are hurting your girlfriend feelings. Don’t try to deny it, we adults are very understanding. It’s the digital age after all.” An ahjusshi from the crowd shouted teasingly.\

“He’s not though.” Seohyun helped to explain their situation when he eyed her to explain almost glaring. “He’s a good sunbae of mine.”

“But you are wearing his shirt! And you sleep at his house right? Yonghwaaa never let people inside his house especially girls.” Yonghwa cleared his throat awkwardly when suddenly Seohyun smirked evilly, an idea just came in to force him to comeback to Seoul.

“So can you kindly ask him to come back to Seoul.. he’s been neglecting me. I haven’t seen him for like 4 years.”

“4 years? Omo..”

“Yes I haven’t seen her but we just…”

“We just keeping a close contact with each other, correct.. but it’s not wrong if we both single..i don’t mind marriage.” Yonghwa looked at her wide eyed.

“He just came here 1 year ago, so why 4 years?”

“I’ve been studying abroad, and he’s in Korea. That’s why.”

“Aigooo..” Yonghwa scratched his head frustratingly when he noticed how the village people were looking at the other way. So he followed their gaze when he noticed two fully suited man arrived with their shades on. Instead of looking like her worker, they looked like a hired killer.

“Mianhaeyoo, she needs to go back now.”

“With those guys?” The ahjumma asked concernedly

“Ne.” Seohyun answered.

“But, are you not concern? I mean she’s your girl and letting your girl go with those handsome guys is a bit..”

“You want to go back with me?” Seohyun asked amusingly.

“Ya… !” Yonghwa dragged Seohyun who kept bowing to all the village elders properly when they are far enough from the elders Yonghwa leaned to whisper. “You come here using a private jet?”

“Yep.”

“My hoobae is rich.”

“I thought I’m rich since I was a kid.”

“But you don’t flaunt it, you walk home right?” Seohyun nodded slightly to his question. She did kept a low profile during her high school days..

“Well it’s for business purpose, its not because I come here just to visit you.”

“Wait! You don’t know how to lie so what just happened before?” Yonghwa stopped his steps. “Marriage, BWOH? Asking them to help throw my back to Seoul?! What the?”

“I’m speaking the truth though. I mean.. of course if we are both single why don’t two attractive human get married. Aside, from your messy present self you are quite a popular guy during highschool it’s not wrong.” She smiled amusingly. “But wait, it’s your fault sunbaenim, why you give me all your clothes, sharing toothbrush, letting me sleep on your bed. It’s giving me mix signals.”

“Yaa! I’m just being nice.. don’t twist my word. You in a way still lie.”

“I did not..”

“You did.”

“Oh.. then would you be my boyfriend?”

“Hah?”

“So, you agree? Nice.”

“HAH?!”

“Hmm.. let’s break up.”

“WHAT?!”

“So I’m not lying anymore right?” Yonghwa looked at her in disbelief when he suddenly felt like her gripped on his arms loosened up, so he followed her gaze to a figure seating in the car. She coughed awkwardly, trying to dismiss the tension and the look her worker been giving her after seeing how close she was holding her sunbae like it was her life line. It’s her life line though.

“Sunbaenim, I’m going.. I have some friend’s occasion that I can’t miss.” Seohyun bowed politely at him not forgetting to remind him, to take a good look at her proposals.

“I guess her trolling nature are still there.” Yonghwa shrugged to himself it would be an extreme lie if he hates drama because he did not. He just felt that he wasn’t up to the task.. but seeing his hoobae again.. somehow he remembered those pure days when they made human theme dramas without any regards of the reality. Ambitions and dream was its peak when he was at his youth, everyone almost everyone in the school idolize him everywhere he goes. He won’t lie, he did enjoy the adoration it was the only place that he felt that the world was fair to him.. That he wasn’t born in a poor family with a big responsibility as the only son out of 2 siblings.

His mood wasn’t getting any better with the sudden appearance of his hoobae and the constant questions asked from the villagers. Seohyun really had her eyes set on making his life miserable if he weren’t going back to Seoul anytime soon. It’s not helping that he heard that some of his colleague was asking around regarding his whereabouts. Like usual he went out to have some soju with the ahjusshi, went back home wasted. The next morning he woke up, he heard a loud knock on his door… again it felt like this same routine are happening again and again. Grumpily he woke up and opened the door, this time he was disturbed with a completely 360 degrees difference from Seohyun. It was a man, wearing a shades? Again, reminding him of a hired killer. What’s with this woman and hired killer?

“A package for you sir.” He handed up a brown package. “Sajangninm said that it would make it easier for you to make a decision if you have this.” Yonghwa’s frowned, scrutinizing the brown package.

“Why can’t you send postage instead, fuel money is no joke nowadays?” The following guy snickered a bit as a response.

“Postage is quite late sir, the drama need to happen as soon as possible.” He bowed politely, excusing himself.

Yonghwa sat on his bed, contemplating whether to read it or not, he dismissed it by pulling his blanket to cover his whole body in hope that he can get over it.. still her words still is playing on replay mode in his mind. Over and over again, set to make his life a misery.

“You are such a disgrace to your own reputation”

He angrily tear off the envelop only to find a tape which he quickly put inside the player before he changed his mind. It was the first movie he ever directed.. the movie he was so keen in making that he fought with the school vice principal. He nearly got expelled for it but he was safe due to Seohyun’s involvement on the project.

It felt nostalgic.. the way he fought for dramas, how many comrades he made along the way. How his life change to become something very meaningful. As the credits rolled in, his eyes are starting to get teary. He almost forgot the feeling of how he’s not useless when he finished filming. That he succeeded in pulling it all together to create his own masterpiece. He saw a note together with a car key inside the envelope so he took it out.

Sunbae,

This is my last effort to come down to your level. You owed it to the dramas for making your life meaningful. Just because life gets tough, you got to go through with it because you owed the dramas that much. You loved them, then show it! Stop being a coward and quit when it doesn’t go the way you want. Seeing you today.. one thing come across my mind. You don’t even know what you doing anymore. It will only be right for you to go back to the correct side of the road to undo the past.

He is a very prideful man, in pride come an action wanting to protect it. Self destructing was common whenever it involves pride. Sometimes, it did bring you good but very rare does it bring you benefits.

He covered his eyes with his right hand palm, trying to gather his feelings back together. Holding back the huge amount of feelings that is gathering on his eyes threatening to fall down. He needs to be strong.. He needs to go back.

 

Author's Note

I said before i'm not going to update but i need to.. because this chapter was finished for quite a while & the others was not (like i say, the data was gone). I'm feeling guilty for my non-active status. Honesly, i barely write.. too busy around here. So, i decided to at least post this one out and make it a distraction for the readers not to notice the other non updated fic and try to get back on my writing mode for the other stories