Drama 1 : Him & Her

Live Like A Drama

Drama 1 : Him & Her

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NaVjjnMrPE

 

 

Jung Yonghwa struggles to properly stand with his two feet with his body swaying from left to right..left to right…right to left. His mind are getting dizzy, the loud blast from the bar stereo made his ears ache whereas his vision are starting to get blurry. He threw up at the nearest drain once he made his way out of the bar, totally wasted and smelling nothing but soju. The sweat kept on dripping down his forehead and his drools that kept on threatening to fall down, he wiped them off angrily before blanking out in an instance.

“You know very well that you as a director should have completed the shoot and now you want to give it up! How irresponsible you are when there are more than 100 staffs working under you.”

“Do whatever you want, I accept my punishment.”

“What punishment, he is a golden child. Whatever he whines it’s given to him unlike you, we work twice as hard never been comply with our request as much as you did. You never even be the assistant director or 2nd director and help for others drama production and you call yourself a member of an organization.”

“Then direct your drama better, is it my fault that my drama ratings is higher than YOU?” Yonghwa stood up ready to brawl with his sunbae.

“What? Your drama stop making money the moment it flops and your last drama flop! Now you giving it up! The heck dude?!”

“At least I don’t flop consecutively.” Yonghwa’s sunbae Joonhon ran to him and grabbed his collar glaring the young director and the rest of the director that is present tried to stop Joonhon.

“Get your act straight Jung Yong Hwa!” The chief PD said in stern voice. “Now, both of you sit.” Both of them followed the chief’s demand and sat still glaring at each other, their anger still did not dissipates.

“You are suspended Yonghwa, for one year. Before you start your suspension, you need to assist for the director that fill your slot in. You know fully well why, because of you they have another job to do when all of them are fully occupied. The slot was up 2 weeks later, it was near to impossible. Go, I don’t want to see your face anymore.” Yonghwa sat there, fuming at himself for half assing his job. Screw loyalty, that was the one that drag him into the pit hole.

He was once a high demand director with consecutive hit dramas but now he’s a bump. He woke up with headache, he surveyed his surroundings. It was the same old small room in a village he had rented. Although, like always the interior was messy as a room possibly could. His clothes was everywhere, the beer bottle is like a decoration in the room and the television light lit up the entire room as his curtains covered the light from entering it. He shrugged, preferring to be in the dark anyways. He tried to stable his steps to go to the bathroom to wash his face. He has no idea of how he got back home and the last thing he remember is he passing out and.. and yes a figure was trying to help him. He continued on to wash his face when he stopped and look at the mirror intently. He leaned forward and touched his chin feeling the growing beard he had developed. His hair was a messed, it’s the longest hair he had ever kept in his life, his dark circles are evident. He looked terrible with his bloodshot eyes.

He really can’t live without making drama can’t he?

He shook his head and wiped off his face with the hand towel before proceeding to the door. He wore a simple blue t-shirt and ripped out grey jeans, his black hair uncomb. He had threw away his previous phone saying he wanted serenity and he got it, being a total unknown he is there sometimes rewatching his previous dramas that replay on the television with some ahjumma and ahjusshi. There are barely any youngsters there compared to Seoul, it was like around 17 if he doesn’t include the kids. He knew most of the people there though, he stayed there for almost 12 months this April. The people there was warmed enough.. he wasn’t raised in dignified household to be demanding a stay for 1 year in the hotel, yes his pay was decent at SBC and an upgrade compare to his colleague but he needed to support his poor family too. His dramas are his pride so when it goes spiraling down, he felt as his life was not as meaningful anymore. One year of hiatus was a very big torture for any director and he was no exception.

He took out his fish road and sat there, smoking waiting for the fish to take his bait.

“Oppa, you shouldn’t smoke you know that..” Ji Eun sat on the ground.

“I know Ji Eun ahh.”

“Especially at the pond, the fish might run.”

“Fish can’t run, they swim.” Yonghwa laughed giddily at her silly remark.

“Oppa, I bet you are very handsome if you clean up.”

“I am.” He said boastfully. “Why are you hanging out with me, your crush oppa is at the opposite side of the pond.”

“I find him boring, he is not my real crush.”

“Who is it then?”

“He did not originate from here, but he is staying here and he likes to smoke.”

“Hah! Nice choice there smoking dude is not a good boyfriend material. Stop liking him”

“Oppa, I’m going to Seoul tonight.”

“I know.”

“I hope I will meet you there someday, directing your drama.”

“Ji Eun yaa! Don’t disturb Yonghwa, help me with the cow.”

“Aigoo.. Araseoo.” Ji Eun cleaned of the dirt on her jeans and climb the cemented stairs when her steps halted seeing her mom running to Yonghwa giddily.

“Aigoo.. Yonghwa yaaa.” She slapped him like a mad person.

“Uh, ahjuma waeyo?”

“Nothing.” She smiled. “Aren’t you wondering how you get back?”

“I do.. I was about to ask someone.. do you know who bring me back? I mean usually I don’t get as wasted like last night.”

He really don’t easily got drunk regardless of how much he drink, and if he did got drunk he won’t blank out unless he reached home. It’s like a mechanism he had develop over the years but the habit won’t stick this time because last night was one of his worst day. The day he got told how terrible of a person he is. The day his dream was pulled away from him.

“A pretty lady help you…”

“Who?” Yonghwa frowned in disbelief. “You know her name?” Yonghwa inquired politely. “I just wanted to say my thanks, its okay if I don’t know her name just please by my thankfulness over her assistance.”

“She certainly is not from here, according to her dressing and the car she was driving. She looks like some rich lady coming from Seoul.”

“So a it is!”

“Ji Eun ahh.. how dare you speak ill. Don’t say that. She was surprisingly very polite.”

“Mianhaeyo.. I don’t know she was polite.”

“She wasn’t from here. That’s weird.”

“Dong Ill ahhh!” The ahjumma screamed for another walking ahjumma that seemingly heading to the farm to join her instead.

“Do you see some lady helping Yonghwa to his home last night?”

“Ohh.. your girlfriend! Where is she?”

“Huh my girlfriend.”

“Your girlfriend.” The mother and daughter duo shout it almost at the same time with Yonghwa.

“You practically have no visitors, so I thought you were girlfriendless Yonghwa yaa.”

“So your girlfriend bragging wasn’t a lie?” Ji Eun asked Yonghwa.

“It is a lie!”

“Huh?!” The three of them said simultaneously.

“Nothing… so. Where is she?”

“I thought she will be with you but she did came out of your room right after she put you on your bed. I was there, helping her.”

“You know her name?”

“Ahh!” Dong Ill paused to remember.. “But I forgot.. you know elder memory is not that good.” Yonghwa bitted his lips anxiously, he really did not have any girlfriend right now.

“How does she look?”

“Why are you asking how she look?”

“I’m trying to remember her.”

“You trying to remember how your girlfriend look that’s weird.”

It is because I don’t know her.. But I’m not going to say that, more questions will come and I’m too tired to explain.

“It’s because I haven’t seen her for such a long time.”

“Or oppa is a playboy that have too many girlfriends that he mixed their names and faces.”

“Ya.. this kid.”

“Uhm.. she’s really white.”

“Ohhh..” Three of them nodded amazed.

“And her voice sounded like a singer, it’s really good to hear and… uhm… her hair was dark brown and it’s long. She is very lady like.. her bag is the brand new Channel.”

“Wow you know Channel ahjumma.”

“Aha! Rich girl detected.”

“I don’t know any rich girl though.” Yonghwa mumbled.

“In short, she looks like a celebrity.. that girl I felt like I’ve seen her somewhere..”

Yonghwa looked like he wasn’t believing their story so he just ignored them and proceed with his fishing activity. The ‘said girl’ was bothering him though, because he did not have any girlfriend, nobody that he knows, know he is here… he are not close with any rich girl, too many holes..

He had said to the ahjumma that she might be dreaming but she ignored him and went off to gossip with the rest of villagers creating a huge humongous gossip over his background. A tiring day instead for this week, not as tiring as yesterday of course.

***

Seo Joohyun searched for any sign of the supposed person waiting for her when she felt a person tapping her from her back. So she jolted in shock ready to use her polish self defense skills by grabbing his or her neck.. when she heard a groaned. A familiar groaned.

“Unnieee…”

“Ah Jung Soojung!” She lets her go.

“That hurts…”

“Mianhaeyoo..”

“Aigoo.. I thought your unnie was supposed to pick me up.”

“So you don’t like me?”

“Aniyooo. It just when I insist of just letting my worker to pick me up she had insisted that she’s going to pick me up.” Seohyun explained before hugging Krystal happily. “Of course I’m happy that a famous actress is picking me up.”

“Not yet as famous as you though..We miss you unnie. So how was your soul searching?” Krystal linked her arm with Seohyun.

“Disaster but I ready to make another big hit!” Seohyun said eagerly.

“You not going to act again?”

“Nope.” Krystal was about to argue when she had remembered her unnie last message to her to not drill Seohyun up.

“I guess the newest ice princess is going to make the drama staff crazy again. What station this time?”

“SBC” She said looking at the gloomy looking sky once they stepped outside of the airport. Krystal replied her answer with a force smile. She knew Seohyun was being too hard on herself for the past 2 years. A white maserati quattroporte stopped right in front of both of them, revealing two suited men. One bringing Seohyun luggage into the car, while another opening the door for both of them.

She was originally an actress on her prime, and was really close with her brother Donghae. They were like the Jung siblings but with different gender they were called the Seo siblings. She remember abandoning her career for a while to proceed her studies on the States when she received a call from her brother a night before his death.

“Seo Joohyun?”

“Oppa!”

“When are you coming back?”

“Oppa, aren’t you happy to talk to me?”

“Aniyeoo.. it just.”

“What’s wrong? Is it because what happen to your previous two dramas, it wasn’t your fault. The drama was really fine.”

“That is that… I know… you should act on it you know.. it will surely be a hit.”

“Such a charmer, no wonder girls get hook by you easily. Why are you calling me?”

“I feel down.. really down. Sometimes I got angry without any reason. I don’t feel like I’m doing what I love anymore Joohyun.”

“Oppa.. you can always talk to me.. wait for me to come home okay?”

“Can’t you come soon?”

“I..”

“Nevermind then, I’m just saying my goodbye?”

“Huh?”

“If anything happen to me, can you step up as the CEO of our company Joohyun?”

“What’s wrong oppa?”

“Answer me.”

“I will.”

“Great. And Joohyun.”

“Ne.”

“Take care, I love you my dongsaeng. Remember that always..”

Due to having a very bad feeling after his phone call with her, she flew right back to Korea and proceed to his penthouse when she found a body laying on the floor, lifeless… with pills scattered around the floor. She saw a paper and read it..it was apparently a suicide letter.

Her brother case was classified as a suicide case.. the flashes of the camera still lingers on her mind.. and the fear of the people around her of her committing the same act was apparent. It was rather stressful and depressing days for her. Since then, somehow her heart always felt numb.. and they said that she had changed.

Maybe she did, but people changed.

And the rest was history.

She took over her father’s company and since then had produced 3 dramas that send craze over the Hallyu wave more. Yet, everyone knows about her work ethics she was rather thoughtless, demanding and business driven still her drama are top notch and working with her are to die for. The day she took over the company, she wore the video tape necklace that her brother wore the day he had known that he loved dramas more than anything. She had collected it from his corpse.

She promised herself to deliver a masterpiece dramas and with high income benefits so her production will be top notch.

“Krystal, I’m dropping you off.”

“Huh, why?”

“I’m going to some place else, I’m sure you won’t like it. It have lots of dungs.”

“But unnie.. Yoona unnie premier party?”

“I know.. I produce that movie right? I’m going to attend it but I’m stopping by somewhere else.”

“Fine.. but you really need to go.” The car stopped and Krystal stepped out from the car to Jessica’s boutique.

“Leave my dress at my assistant okay, she’s going to pick it up Krystal!”

“Got it.” The young girl saluted to Seohyun before walking back to the boutique.

“So.. ahgasshi where to?”

“Step out from the car.”

“Huh?”

“Step out.” Both the bodyguards and the driver stepped out from the car and Seohyun stepped out from the car to sit on the driver’s seat before driving off ignoring the guys that trying to run shouting for her to stop the car.

***

A knock was heard, so he grumpily woke up… shoving all his clothes to some non visible place.

“Wait.. I’m coming.” The knocking sounds stop. He thought it was some villagers that is paying him a visit to invite him to some village party or maybe to give him some food so he just went out without cleaning himself up. He groggily opened the door, scratching his head when his eyes widened and his mouth are slightly parted. If he jaw could drop to the floor it already would.

“Annyeonghaeseyo sunbaenim.”

“Seo Joohyun!? What are you doing here?” Yonghwa covered his top, Seohyun who had just realized the compromising view she was in, squeezed her eyes shut. Her fluffy cheeks was coloured with bright red.

 

 

Author's Note

Yes! It's done. I once again did it in one go, sorry time is not a luxury that i have. So here it goes... and if you notice Seohyun's character introduction was really quite short compared to Yonghwa. There are more to her than this chapter but its too long for one chapter so im not going to elaborate more. I will just keep her mysterious. Enjoy reading, do subscribe, comment and maybe upvote. Comment is vital so i would know if there's any weakness in the story, or whether you enjoy it. Thanks ^^