Book 2 Chp 7 (Kyungsoo)

The Twelve Protectors

Okay guys! Heres another chapter. I know its still for Kyungsoo's POV but the last chapter was actually written in two parts, i decided to split them. 

I don't know when the next chapter is going to be up, I'm still working on writing more in my spare time.

Also, heres a reminder of the BAP powers (So far)

Yongguk - ??

Zelo - (Kai says it was 'Kris's power)

Daehyun - Plant control

Jongup - phasing/intangibility/ghosting/whatever you want to call it

Himchan - metal control

Youngjae - ??

 

 

Kyungsoo pt 11

 

 

My mind went wild. Zelo can fly?! Usually that would’ve been a normal, regular evil-teenager-gets-superpower situation, but I had so many different possibilities to why this had happened.

“Do you think it’s the same power exactly?” Baekhyun asks, speaking up before I could say something similar. “Like, when Kris lost his power it went back into the lottery and Zelo happened to pick it out, or is it a different power of flight?”

“I don’t know!” Kai whines. “All I saw was the kid take off from the ground, just like Kris does, or used to do. I got out of there as soon as possible after that.”

“Why do you want to keep this a secret?” I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me.

“Think about it, Soo. How would you act if you were Kris? He’s only just coming out of this major depressive slump after losing his powers, and if he sees Zelo with it, maybe he’ll fall back into depression. Maybe he’ll go blind with rage and murder everyone in his path until he kills the teenager, or maybe he could sabotage the group just to attempt a way to steal his power back. I thought the healthiest option would be to kill the boy and just let Kris continue on the path he’s currently on without knowing about this.”

“Kill the boy?” I exclaim “Don’t you think that’s a little over the top? We’ve never killed anyone before.”

“It’s not like they’re not trying to do the same to us. This is a war between light and dark, you don’t expect everyone to survive this. Casualties happen.”

“You know, I kind of agree with him.” Baekhyun confesses.

“You what?! This is a teenage boy! Surely theres a way to get rid of the power without – “

“That’s the thing, Kyungsoo, we don’t have the time to find another way.” Kai explains. “We have to get rid of this power as soon as possible.”

I’m flabbergasted. My own boyfriend talking about murdering a kid. And Baekhyun too, I thought he was a kind one!

“I can’t be in with this. We have to tell Suho.” I decide.

“No!” They cry in unison, then in hushed tones, Kai continues “We can’t! He’ll tell Kris, thinking it’s the diplomatic answer, but he can’t predict how Kris will act.”

“Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun says “We all have to be on the same plan, or else we’re going to get in each other’s way. I say we look for Chen and Zelo, and deal with whatever comes first.”

“And I vote for that too.” Kai quickly adds.

I take a moment to decide. I don’t want to be in the way, we’re in the middle of the enemies’ military base, for crying out loud!

“Fine,” I reluctantly agree “I’ll help you guys capture Zelo, but I’m not going to be the one to end his life.”

“Deal?” Kai looks around the small circle and nods his head. “Well let’s get moving then.”

With hushed hand signals, we open the door and exit into the corridor. Satisfied that the coast is clear, we walk hurriedly down the path.

“Which way should we go?” Baekhyun whispered.

I look around for a sign or map to lead us to Chen. No sooner had I made a full rotation, a loud thump reverberates through the building, upsetting dust from the ceiling and making the lights flicker.

“I know which direction that came from” I say, “this way.”

We continue through the labyrinth of corridors, occasionally checking doors to find offices, medical labs and the occasional military training room.

“I can sense people.” I say, briefly halting to feel for footsteps. “Boots, a lot of heavy ones. And different feet. Lighter feet, and a pair of incredibly fast feet.”

“That could be the others!” Baekhyun exclaims “Tao has fast footsteps!”

I smash open the wall to the right, aiming to create my own corridor to join up our two parties. Instead of opening into another corridor, my makeshift doorway leads to a large open room lined with shelves and benches. On the shelves sit neatly stacked sports equipment, and lining the far walls are a few big puffy sports equipment mats. This must be an indoor room for training.

“They’re on the other side of that wall, I can feel it.” I say, walking across the room. “I’ll just smash through this –“

“I don’t think you will.” Came a low menacing voice from a doorway on an adjacent wall.

I feel Kai tense up beside me. Yongguk was here.

“Your little tour of this place ends in this room, little protectors. You two will not exit this room.”

You two? I take a quick glance to where Baekhyun used to stand and realise that he must have gone invisible before Yongguk spotted him.

I take a few steps forward and stomp my foot into the floor menacingly. The room rattles, dust dropping for the ceiling like in an earthquake. The shelves topple over, sporting equipment falls off and clatters to the floor. Thick cracks shoot through the cement floor as my foot hits the ground, rippling out in a large crater formation.

This warning-stomp also serves a different purpose. With the thick rippling earth from my boot, I can feel where Kai stands, where Yongguk’s boots meet the floor, and where Baekhyun’s invisible feet walk towards the wall we were headed towards earlier. In my mind I have mapped out the entire room, even the invisible parts.

Yongguk takes his own step forward, then displays his own power. He lifts his boot and copies my action, stomping heavily into the ground. The earth ripples under his feet too, creating a second crater almost the same size as mine.

I pause, my heart sinking in my chest. I feel my eyes dilate in fear. Another earth controller? I instinctively take a few steps back, stumbling over the cracks made by the two craters.

Then, something new happens. The cracks underneath Yongguk’s boots start to glow. Bright orange, like a burning furnace, the ground vibrates slightly.

Quietly but menacingly, a thick orange goo starts to seep out of the cracks around Yongguk’s feet, slithering outwards like a fat snake. The glowing substance grows out of the ground, gaining speed and heating up the place. The liquid hits a few nearby sporting equipment from the room and they sink into the ground, fizzling in the orange sludge.

“Lava, Kai!” I yell, “He controls lava!”

I punch out to the side of the room, letting the bricks nearest to Baekhyun fall away and allow him to climb through. Kai reaches for me, aiming to allow me to teleport out with him, but he has to take hurried steps backward as a thick carpet of lava shoots out between us.

“Go!” I yell. I see Kai disappear as the lava encircles me. I lift up the bricks under my feet, raising myself above the lava before it covers the entire floor.

“Soo!” Kai yells from the break in the wall.

I turn on my tiny island and face Yongguk. He wades in the lava, the goo reaching up to the knees on his trousers.

I try throwing bricks at him, but he raises the lava around him and catches the bricks, absorbing them into the lava.

Frustrated, I reach up into the ceiling and attempt to drop a chunk of the roof onto his head. Lava swells up around him and creates a roof, solidifying into a deep red rock. He kicks out in my direction, and a rope of lava shoots out in my direction. I drop down, crouching on my tiny island as the lava spurts past me. The searing heat is too much for me to bear, so I stand up again.

Yongguk prepares for another attack, lifting two giant globules of lava from at his feet. Before he can throw them in my direction, I find myself nauseous, my mind heaving and turning upside down as I am teleported towards Kai. I land bridal-style in his arms.

“Quick lets go!” Kai yells and takes off in the direction of the others.

“Did you just…?” I let my voice trail off, allowing him to keep carrying me.

“I think I teleported you to me.” He states, stopping at a corner to check which direction to run in.

“I didn’t know you could do that!”

“Me either.” Kai pants, “Are you going to help me find the others before Yongguk finds me again?”

I stand up, dusting myself off as I look for the others. We find them just around the corner; Baekhyun had caught up with the others. To my happiness, Chen sat on the wall as the others fought Himchan and Daehyun, the metal and plant controllers.

“Oh my god Chen are you okay?” Kai kneels down beside the boy. Chen’s torso was bare, revealing the red signs of numerous torture devices. Cuts lined his torso and arms, as well as purple bruises and burn marks.

Chen looks up at us, his battered face half closed in weariness and hurt. He cracks a smile, and I’m afraid his lip will start to bleed.

“Better you guys are here.” He puts his arm on Kai’s shoulder and cranks himself up into a standing position.

“Kai!” Luhan yells from the front lines. “Can you get us out of here?”

Kai shakes his head, unable to teleport everyone at once, even with his new-found power of teleporting people to him.

I turn around to start guiding Chen back the way we came, but the slight glow of lava had started to heat up the corridor that we came through.

“I got this!” I yell over the fray.

I feel above me, sensing the meters and meters of rock. I sense each brick, each pillar, even the meters of dirt on top of the compound. I delve into my power, the power which the Dark unlocked for me.

I open my eyes but they don’t focus on anything in particular. I block out my friends, the battles, the lava and the plants, and I my power upwards. My power explodes through the ceiling, pushing the cement out to the side, then I upward again. I continue, digging up with my power until I feel that I am near the surface.

When I see stars above me, the purple sky beginning to glow with the morning’s light, I start to raise the floor. The others stumble and crouch down to keep their balance. With thundering speed, we rise up towards the sky, passing the demolished floors of the compound that were once above us. I slow our ascent to a smooth stop as our large platform is in line with the surface of the quad.

Releasing my hold on my power, I drop to my hands and knees, catching my breath. I notice the ground here is wet, and the first few rays of light are beginning to reach over the compound wall. In a fit of coughs, I feel Kai crouch down beside me and pat on my back.

“You did well, Soo, but we’re not out yet. Come on, can you keep going?”

I nod and get to my feet, dusting the gravel and chipped bricks from my palms.

Around the courtyard, numerous guards lay against the walls or on the ground, sopping wet. A smiling, invigorated Suho bounds up to us, his grey shirt dark with moisture and his fringe plastered to his forehead.

“Come on, let’s get out of here quickly,” Suho says, taking charge again. “Did you guys run into any-“

The main door to the compound clangs open. Quickly, Yongguk Jongup and Daehyun run out the door, followed by a few dozen soldiers. I hear hangar doors lift, and a convoy of jeeps and off-road trucks drive into the area. Stepping out of the backs of these vehicles came the other three B.A.P members, Zelo, Youngjae and Himchan.

“Luhan, can you get the bikes?” Suho says, audible only to us. “And Baekhyun, call in Kris.”

“I’m trying!” Luhan says, his voice filled with worry. “I can’t find them with my power.”

“Keep looking!” Suho hisses. “Kyungsoo and Xiumin, take the left, Sehun and I will take the right. The others will float between the two sides to wherever needs help. When Luhan finds the bikes, we ride out of here, taking the exit to the east. If anything goes wrong we meet at the original meeting place.”

For a moment we wait in awkward silence, a standoff as the enemy size us up, checking our weaknesses and our strengths. Yongguk raises his arm, and the sound of a hundred or more safety’s being switched off from automatic rifles echoes against the walls.

I shift my stance, ready to raise a wall of earth to shield us, trying to calculate how fast I can lift the dirt.

“Luhan…” Suho encourages Luhan to locate the bikes quicker.

“Almost got them…” Came Luhan’s reply. 

A loud motor echoes in the silence, sputtering and spitting as a propeller spins in the distance. From over the wall flies a small, old plane. It raises up slightly, dipping its wing to fly across the gap between us and the enemy. I see a figure half bent out of the cockpit, then he shoots fire down into no-man’s land, creating a wall of heat between us.

“Got them!” Luhan yells as the bikes telekinetically fly over the wall to us.

Hidden behind the wall of fire made by Chanyeol and Kris, I lift a wall of dirt as extra cover, moments before it is peppered with bullets. I feel someone pull me towards the pile of bikes. I lift one up and quickly pedal away with the others. I turn away to see B.A.P hurry into their trucks and the thick wheels start to spin.

We ride with incredible speed. It’s probably Luhan helping us, actually, but we go very fast. Almost fast enough to out-ride the motorbikes and the trucks that race down the dirt roads, lifting the puddles up in spray as they chase us. Almost.

The first few motorbikes reach us about one hundred meters away from the compound. Chen, sitting on the back of Kai’s bike, lifts a weary hand and a driver of a motorbike falls off his seat, his jacket smoking.

Suho lifts up a puddle with a spare hand, his front wheel wobbling in the mud, and knocks the other two motorbikes off the road. He pedals furiously to keep up with the rest of the group.

A menacing truck speeds up, a man leaning out of the passenger window with a machine gun. Xiumin steers into a puddle, reaching down freezing the droplets of water that fly off his back wheel. Small ice shards shatter the window and front grill of the truck, and I hear the sound of tyres popping.

Kris flies in again, Chanyeol blasting his fire downwards to incinerate the convoy, scattering the troops for a few moments.

A large motorbike speeds through the fire, Yongguk straddling the seat. A carpet of lava crawls before his front wheel, lifting up in a wave to crash down on us.

Acting quickly, Sehun jumps off his bike, blasting air out behind him as he lands on the ground. The lava poised above him solidifies under the cool air, and Yongguk swerves to avoid the large rock formation. Sehun’s bike falls down, rolling off the track and falling into the undergrowth. I turn around to see Sehun dash off into the forest, a few off-road quad bikes following him.

I prepare myself to swerve into the forest to find Sehun, when Suho calls out.

“Leave him! We’ll meet up as planned!”

I grit my teeth and keep pedalling.

Vines and roots reach out into the road. I lift the edges of the road, creating walls and thin slices of rock that cut through the trees that come alive, trying to throw us off our bikes.

In the distance I see more trucks, blocking the paths ahead an intersection.

“Suho! They’ve cut us off!” I yell

We have seconds before we reach the blockage. I see men step out of the back of trucks, armed with heavy guns. Himchan and Zelo step out of the car in the middle, grinning evilly.

“Take out the middle car!” Suho yells “We’ll charge through!”

Zelo lifts a large tube onto his shoulder. He’s already flicked the safety and is prepared to fire when I realise what it is.

“Luhan! Rocket launcher!”

The rocket fires towards us, barging down the road. Luhan jumps off his bike and channels his power to the rocket, driving it upwards and off course. It explodes behind us, heating our back with the intense fire. Not wanting to lose another member, I swerve off course and pick Luhan off the ground, swinging him onto the bike behind me. We approach the blockage, moments away. I lift up a chunk of rock, prepared to smash through the middle car and charge through. Luhan stands on the bike, using one hand to steady himself on my shoulder and another to stop the bullets as we cycle through.

We almost get through the blockage unscathed, until Himchan swipes his arm to the side and our bikes go flying from underneath us. The middle car splits in half with a push of his other hand, missing my boulder and reforming on the other side, intact.

We are trapped, pinned in by the blockade.

We quickly form a protective circle, calling out the main offences as we see them.

“I have Zelo and Himchan on this side.”

“Machine gun turret on top of this truck.”

“Yongguk over here.”

“The other B.A.P members behind us.”

Almost instantly, our strong formation is broken. Roots burst out of the ground between us, whipping around and knocking us in different directions.

“Baekhyun!” I hear Chanyeol yell from the air, and I see Baekhyun crash into the side of a canvas-roofed truck filled with soldiers. Chanyeol dives off the plane, crashing down into the same truck in an explosion of fire.

Without Chanyeol at his side, Kris circles the area, occasionally dropping canisters that release a thick yellow fog.

Zelo smirks, jumping off the ground and taking off into the air. He smashes into the plane, knocking Kris off course. Kris spirals and dips before righting himself.

I see Tao look up and see Kris fighting Zelo in the air. He stumbles for a second, tripping over a soldier before furiously knocking them all out with two batons. His jaw sets, his eyes focused on Zelo, filled with rage.

Kris flies low, the plane’s wings dipping as he tries to shake off Zelo from his tail.

Tao runs towards Kris, warping time around him so intensely that even his blur is barely visible. He jumps onto the roof of a truck, waiting for Kris to fly above him. At the right time, he launches himself, grappling onto the plane’s wings. He climbs onto the plane, watching as Zelo flies up from behind.

Kris steers upwards, climbing high as Tao clings to his wing like a spider. Zelo sticks to their tail, slowly gaining speed.

Tao pries a hand from the wing, channelling time to slow down Zelo. Zelo falls into a slow-motion state, and Tao leaps from the window and onto the flying boy.

The two boys start to free fall, Zelo being battered around my Tao’s fast punches and kicks. Tao slows down time around them, and they slowly start to descend to the ground. Luhan catches them telekinetically before they can hit the ground, then lowers them down onto the dirt. I see Tao drag an unconscious Zelo off into the forest, unseen by the rest of the battle.

Kris’s plane, damaged beyond repair begins to splutter and jump. Deciding that the plane is no longer worth the struggle, Kris dives out of the plane, releasing his parachute to slowly land down in the forest. The plane continues to the ground, hitting a truck with a machine gun turret attached to the roof, and the weapon goes up in flames.

On the ground, I see Chanyeol running across the battlefield, carrying Baekhyun. Baekhyun steps out of Chanyeol’s arms and draws two knives, fading away until he is invisible again.

In the centre of the battlefield, Suho battles Yongguk. It’s a well-matched fight; as soon as Yongguk’s attacks collide with Suho’s they both disappear into steam and solidified lava.

Kai teleports around Youngjae, trying to get past a long dagger to swipe with his smaller knife. Youngjae deftly spins around and blocks each of Kai’s attacks, predicting where Kai will appear and staying two steps ahead. Suddenly, with a bare hand, Youngjae grabs Kai by the neck, and a pulse of green energy radiates from his fingers. Kai attempts to teleport away but black smoke just fizzles out of his shirt. Eventually, the smoke dissipates altogether, and Kai reels away clutching his stomach, blood seeping through his shirt.

Gasping for breath, I race towards my boyfriend’s safety. I roll under a spray of bullets, and when I stand up I pull two chunks of earth from the ground, lobbing them at Youngjae. The rocks hit Youngjae square in the chest and he goes flying off into the forest.

I look to Kai, and find Chen standing over him, spraying electricity in all directions. Baekhyun kneels at his side, his shirt torn and splattered with red and brown.

Satisfied that Kai will be taken care of, I turn around to help Luhan fight Himchan. Blocking flying cars and other assorted metal objects, we fight side by side, slowly managing push Himchan to the edge of the battlefield.

It was at this point that Daehyun’s giant vines manage to smash free of an icy prison and knock us off our feet. As a last minute resort to save ourselves from a car toppling on us, I create a thick stone wall that envelops us both in a dark cave.

In the darkness I can hear Luhan panting for breath.

“We’re not winning.” I state.

“We should go out there and help them.” He pants between breaths.

“No! We won’t survive. We have to retreat. We’re already down on Yixing, Sehun, Tao and Kris. Something happened to Kai as well, I’m not sure.”

“We can’t leave them here. It’ll make it worse.” Luhan rasps.

“We’ll use our powers. Throw them as far away as possible. Then we retreat ourselves.”

I don’t leave any time for Luhan to complain. I take down our protective roof, standing up in the sunlight. Blinking his eyes, Luhan stands beside me.

I point towards Xiumin, battling Daehyun. Nearby, a fierce fight between Suho and Yongguk takes place.

“I’m going to launch them in that direction. If you guide them can you let them hit the lake?” I yell.

Luhan moves close to my ear so he can be heard over the sound of gunfire.

“The lake is ages away! They won’t make it!”

“Work together!” I yell.

I step out, feeling my power pulse through the ground.  The ground pulses underneath where Xiumin and Suho stand, and then pushes out abruptly, launching the two into the air.

Luhan raises his arms, and the two boys stabilise in mid-air as they fly away from us. Xiumin is limp, possibly unconscious, but Suho continues to wave his arm as he fights to stay upright. As they fade into the distance, I see Suho lift up a bubble of water from underneath him and envelope the unconscious Xiumin.

“They made it, Luhan! We can do this.”

I swivel around and point towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Those two next!”

I kick out again, launching the two over the forest. Luhan uses his power to launch them far away, showing signs of strain as he slows their descent to a soft crash.

Chen still stands over Kai, lightning hitting the ground around him to zap his enemies. Jongup lies smoking at his feet. He crouches down and wraps an arm around Kai’s stomach.

“Go!” He yells at us, and I launch the two in the air.

Luhan falls to the ground this time as he softens their fall. I notice his nose is bleeding, although I’m unsure if it is from over exertion or from a previous fight.

Luhan and I stand in the centre of the clearing, the only two Protectors left. Sensing all eyes on us, I reach down to find Luhan’s hand as support.

The silence is almost awkward, standing in the middle of a bunch of armed people aiming to kill you and six men possessed by the Dark.

Not wanting to do anything fancy, I rely on one of my old tricks to get me out of this situation.

The ground opens up underneath my and drops Luhan and I safely a few meters below. Sealed in with no light, I punch downwards, creating a tunnel that slowly declines downwards.

“Soo I can’t see a thing.” Luhan whimpers, still holding my hand.

“Neither can I.” I say. “Come on, let’s run before they start digging.”

With one hand in front of me to stop me running into walls, the other holding onto Luhan’s bloodied, sweaty, grimy hand, we start running.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wooo! Okay I hope you guys all like this chapter! I've split them up so I can focus on seperate characters a little better.

Feel free to ask me any questions!

What do you think of the B.A.P powers? Who do you think has the best power? Who do you want to see face off against each other? (I've already set out the future fights, but i'd loove to see what you guys want!)