I don't think so

Why now...

I leaned on his shouder, and he my back every now and then while our parents were chatting in the front seats. We were sitting in the third row of our car, and I was half dying while listening to their conversation about how they were doing and all their mini stories they had to tell each other just because they couldn't talk to each other for the past 8 years. Well, I guess it was natural for them, but for me, I didn't know how to start off the awkwardness back her. 

"are you okay?" he asked me, for the one hundreth time. I nodded without words and sighed, since I couldn't do anything. "lean on me~" he started singing, and surprisingly he had an awsome voice. Dad looked back from the mirror and smiled, complimenting how nice his voice was. Baekhyun oppa shyly smiled and told him he was singing at a church every Sunday. 

I was glad none of the Byuns asked me about my condition. Did they know already? Or were they too excited that they couldn't see me half dying? 

Not later than that, we were driving in our driveway. I guess they were going to stay at our place for a week, before they can finally live in their house which wasn't far away but only like a minute. I stumbled off the car, mom holding my waist just in time, and I thanked her as I watched the others chatting away with their luggage rollinf behind them as they entered the house. 

I told mom that I would be in my room, maybe sleeping unitl dinner. She nodded worryingly, so I just told her that it was the medicine, and that I would be fine. 

But as soon as I entered my room, I rushed to the my own private bathroom, and of course, threw up. It was a natural thing for me. THe medicine was simply too strong. I looked up at the mirror, and stared right into my eyes. It was red and full of desperation. I was desperate to survive this lonely battle. Tears rolled down my cheeks, thinking of what if mom saw me like this, and making her cry. I always heard her cry, whenever I was in a bad state and she would cry into my dad's chest, crying out 'I am a bad mother.' 

'why...' I mumbled, not noticing the presence of Baekhyun oppa behind me, and crumbled down on my knees as I sobbed while rubbing off my tears. 

"Bomi ah?" I turned around, shocked to see him standing there with a confused expression. He turned to the toilet, where obviously I forgot to flush it, and then at me. I smiled weakly, and slowly stood up, washed my face, and mouth, before I walked pass him. He just stood there, watching my every move as I sat on my bed, head resting on the back of the bed, and turned my head towards the window. 

"I am a time bomb, ticking since last August.  It's funny because you don't feel like you are until the doctors tell you so" I said quietly. He approached the bed, and sat at the very end, carefully and silently. "I had several operations already, but none of them can stop it from ticking. THey say it's deep inside, buried" I turned to him and sighed, but smiled as he stared at me, no expression what so ever. 

"where?" he mumbled

I touced the part under my shoulder "it's like in the meat, luckily not in the bone yet, but there's a bump here" I said, rubbing the small hill that wasn't too visible, but if you squint your eyes you might be able to trace the shape even above my clothing. 

"Does it hurt?" He asked nervously, staring at me and then down to his hands. 

"Not if I take medicines..." I mumbled "but I'll be like this since the medicines are too effective" I said, closing my eyes, as I leaned onto one big stuffed teddy bear which sat by my pillow. I heard some tasting and the bed moving, but I was too stressed out, I didn't bother opening my eyes. Suddenly I felt Baekhyun hugging me, his head resting on top of mine, as he my back.  "What are you doing, oppa?" I asked, mu voice trembling, I couldn't hold this anylonger. 

"I'm here, just cry it out Bomi ah". It didn't feel like it had been 8years, it feels like he just came over yesterday but with more maturity and comfort. I hugged him back, while crying quietly in his chest, squeezing his shirt and sniffling every ten seconds. 

It took me over ten minutes before I was able to let him go, and grabbed so e tissues to blow my nose and thank him for being here. He smiled, but looked down at his shirt which was covered with my tears,salivia and other dirty tuff that you probably don't want on you.

"Wait here" I said, quickly walking to the closet and pulled out this big shirt that I got last year, before entering the hospital, from my cousin Kai who lived in America and thought it was a good idea to buy me this oversized New York shirt, in case I was super oversized. Baekhyun chuckled as he, without hesitation, took off his shirt and wore it right in front of my eyes. I literally didn't blink and stared at his abs and clearly felt my cheeks blush. 

"What are you staring at?" He smirked and winked.

i shook my head, and sat on the bed again before looking at hi and smiling. "Remember when we last met? You were so small and weak" I chuckled, as he snirled. He kicked my leg and stuck his tongue out.

"I changed you know" he said "girls won't leave me these day" he grinned and gave me 'how's that' look

"I can see that" I said, but it turned out to sound a bit irritated and annoyed. He's grin faded and he smiled weakly as he scratched the back of his neck 

"you've changed as well..." 

"In a bad way, yes. I can't do things like I used to. I'm jealous" i turned to look out of the window again, my habit whenever the topic isn't something I like talking about 

" nono! What I mean is" he stopped and pulled my hand into his "you became beautiful" he said quietly, as he looked straight into my eyes  "more beautiful" he added, and I was left there dumbfounded, looking back at him like an idiot. 

What did he just say?