Come back of the prince

Why now...

"Come back in 2 weeks, okay? So that'll be... August 15 th" he said, as he looked at the calendar and them to the report card about me and my new friend 'cancer'. 

I nodded, as I received a pack of medicine from the nurse who patted my back and started to explain about the medicine with my mom who sat nervously behind me.  Instead of listening to the nurse who seemed to be explaining about the medicine, I stared out through the window, looking at the bright blue sky. 

As soon as the doctor finished writing my medical form, he stood up to lead me towards the door. I walked slowly behind him, making sure I don't fall and hit my face on the ground, since I haven't been walking that much ever since I entered this living hell, even though I know I mustn't describe this place in such way because it helped me recover several times but still it wasn't and never will be a comfortable place for me to live in.  

I bowed as I exited the room, smiling at the nurse who gave me an encouraging smile back, and walked down the aisle, with mom talking about what we can do while I wS out of the hospital, even though we both knew it wasn't forever, for now.

As soon as I walked out of the big automatic door, the sun shone right ontop of me. Mom pulled out a pair of sunglasses and handed it to me, which I gladly took it and put it on with no hesitation. Dad, who I assume was waiting for us for a long time, slid down the window and shouted my name, loud enough for the entire world to hear. 

I smiled brightly, upon seeing him picking me up, so that I don't have to walk all the way down the sidewalk for the parking lot, which takes at least a good couple of minutes because the good spaces are usually taken and you have to park in the farther spot. 

"Meat?" My mom asked, as we strolled towards where dad awaited. I nodded enthusiastically, just because I haven't been able to eat meat for a long time. I jumped on the car, with mom following me beside and made sure I was in the car safely. 

On the way, dad and mom was discussing how nice this summer was and that I came out in such a good day. I would nod every time they would ask for my agreement but my eyes were on the landscape outside. I don't remember how long I was trapped in that white big building but everything seemed different as we passed by. It's only been less than a year, and I already feel like my surroundings had changed drastically. 

"Bomi ah, do you remember Bpthe Byuns?" Dad asked as he stopped for the red light. 

"Err..." I briefly went through all the people I know through my head, thinking if there were anyone with a rare last name like 'Byun'. Dad looked at me through the front mirror with a grin plastard in his face, as if he was expecting some kind of big response from me. 

"Oh, come on Bomi ah! Childhood friend who went to England?" He said, getting impatient while I was thinking really hard. He carefully stepped in the accelerator as soon as I screamed his name. The one and only 

"Byun Baekhyun!!" I said, nearly hitting my head on the ceiling of the car, unless the seatbelt pulled me back down. He grinned, once again and nodded 

"yup, they are coming back this evening and so, after eating lunch, I was thinking if you would like to come to the airport with me so we can pick them up" he said, as he drove in the restaurant and stopped in front of the entrance so that I don't have to walk a long distance and get tired easily. It was really a generous thing. 

"Of course, dad!" I screamed, and hugged him from behind the neck rest, and jumped off the car, as he went to park it somewhere. 

It only took us an hour for lunch to be over. It was such a pity thaticouldnt eat as much as I want since all the medicine and stuff prevents me from stuffing myself with unhealthy food and drinks, but still it was way better than hospital food which didn't have any flavor at all. 

As I was walking to the exit, I felt my shoulders getting heavy, and my were started to stare at one point instead of moving around, trying to observe every little things that I missed in the past one year. The medicine was working, which was of course a good thing, but that meant I was going to have to take a nap somewhere. 

"Honey, I think Bomi needs to go home" mom realised my condition, and tried to cancel the schedule of picking up out long seen friends. 

"NO, I'm fine" I said, pulling mom's wrist and protesting her statement. She looked at me, unsure of the fact to make her even more tired "please mom, I want to" this was the thing I say now adays so that I can grant my wish. I know I'm selfish, but ever since the discovery of cancer, it was easier to enjoy life. Maybe because I know I might not have tomorrow, I try to live the day without regret. In other words, I was a grenade that can explode anytime soon, unless god sees my good behavior and agrees not to trigger it. 

She stared at me for a while, her eyes sad with thoughts of many things, but finally smiled weakly as she agreed that I can go, but I had to go to bed as soon as I get home. It was good enough, since I knew well enough that I wouldn't have any energy left after this drive. 

 

It was pass 4:00 when we arrived at the airport. Dad went to check on the digital information while me and mom decided to sit on the bench by the arrival exit. The place was crowded with people who seemed happy to see their loved ones, or tired from their long journey, or even people who looked totally lost since it was not a familiar place to be for them. I felt my eyelid getting heavy as I rested my head on mom's shoulder and waited for the moment they come out. 

"Mom, I'm thirsty" I mumbled, as I sat up and looked around for a water fountain. She, too, searched but figured there were none, but instead a convenient store not too far. She decided to fetch me a bottle of water and assured me she'll be back in less than 3 minutes. I nodded and made it clear that I wouldn't move from here and that I'll be fine. 

As soon as she was gone, another sleepiness struck my body and the vision became blurry. What a nice reward, I thought. Drinking medicine was okay but the things that come with, that was more than enough. I tried to keep my still, and look at the exit so that I wouldn't miss anything, but it was just too hard. I felt the world spinning, I was too tired. 

"Are you okay, miss?"  Someone said beside me. He was tall and fit. He's clothing was matching his face, which was cute and at the same time handsome, which also looked familiar. I looked up, trying to stare at that person with a smile which I don't think I was able to pull off because when I said yes, he still didn't believe me. 

"You look horrible, you know. Ar-" he was cut off by my dad who just came back from looking at the digital information about the Byuns' flight. 

"It says they should be here by now, are you okay Bomi ah?" He asked, as he patted my head, knowing how tired I must be since I had to go through medical checkup since this morning so that the doctor can give a final yes that I can go home. I nodded weakly,even though I knew my body was on the verge of crushing into a sleep. 

"Bomi?" The boy who I totally forgot said. I looked at him and nodded. 

"I'm okay, sir. My dad's here, so I'll be fine" I said, thinking he'll just leave her alone now but he didn't leave but in stead hugged me tightly 

"I missed you, Yoon Bomi!!" I was totally startled, body fully awake by this and stared at dad who also seemed a bit shocked by this. 

"Y-yah! Get off me!! Who are you" I shouted, trying to push this 'stranger' off. 

"You forgot me?" He said, pulling away and looking right into my eyes "I'm back Bomi ah, I'm Byun Baekhyun"