four

hold onto me

I stared at her with my jaw dropped. She was a little startled as she noticed me, her gaze locked with mine.

" W-What are you doing ? " I asked. 

" Oh, Seung Hyun. " She smiled, brushing her hair to the back. She does that a lot when she's embarassed about something.  " I was reciting lines from a play. I practice here a lot. "

The cold wind blew in our direction and I shuddered a little as I walked over to her.  I raised an eyebrow, " So you're up to getting the drama club back together ? "

She nodded, giving me a full smile now. 

------

Ji Yong didn't come to school the next day so I had to skip History class alone. I've decided to go to the rooftop because the teachers had been patrolling a lot more lately. So I went to the most quiet and safest place of the day, the library.

The library was supposed to be empty but as I walked down the shelves of books, a girl was sitting on the floor with books spread around her scared me. She was tiny for someone in high school and her hair was short until her shoulder, it made her face looked small. She seemed to be ignoring my presence.

She was cutting something. Books. 

" Hey! " I shouted, reaching over to take away her scissors.

She finally looked up at me, half surprised, half bored. " Don't cut the books. " I told her who wouldn't keep her gaze off me. As I put away the scissors, I looked around the books that were around her. Biology, Chemistry, History, hard stuffs. 

" Are you skipping class too ? " I asked then wondered why do I even bother ...

She took out something from her back and lifted it up to show me. A yellow lunch box. It was filled with carrots and kimchi and cooked rice. 

" This is the one most well done. " Her voice was light, almost like a whisper. She pointed to the carrot.

I sighed, " Food is off-limits in the library, you know ? " I hated how annoying I sounded, like a librarian.

She smiled brightly, " Do you want one ? "

Not wanting to be rude, I nodded and reached over to pick on a carrot. It tasted like ... carrot. But, i didn't tell her that. 

" It's good. " I tried to smile. " Lunch break's starting soon, people will start filling this place. You better clean up. " 

She looked at me with wonder but as I cleared my throat for my leave, she mumbled " see you later. " while turning to look back at her lunch box. 

What a strange person. 

-------

Chaerin was talking with a few of her friends in class when I walked over to her. A friend of hers looked scared of me but the others gave me that judgemental eyes. I was used to it anyway.

" Hey, Chaerin. There's something I would like to ask you. " I said. 

" Why are you hanging out with people like this, Chae ? " One of them whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

" Come on, Seung Hyun. Let's go to your table. " She quickly pushed me and we walked back to my desk.

I told her about the strange girl in library and she doesn't seems surprised. 

" Oh, that must be Gong Minzy from Class A. " 

" Minzy ? " 

" Yeah, she's a genius and she doesn't goes to class but the school totally okay with it. "

" Oh. " No wonder she was strange.

I looked at Chaerin's dark eyes when I suddenly remembered about her brother. I was walking to school this morning when Seungri accidentally hit me with his new ride. I was still pissed at him as my elbows and still hurt from the accident. I decided to play a little payback. 

" Oh yeah, Chaerin. Do you know your brother comes to school on his bi- "

The door was kicked open and the whole class lowered their voices. 

" Hey! Seung Hyun! " Seungri, standing at the doorway yelled. I looked at him and grinned slyly. 

" Bi ? What ? " Chaerin asked as her brother stomped his feet into the classroom and grabbed me by the tie.

" You come with me for a second. " He growled and pulled me out of the class.

I hit him in the stomach so he would release me as we were out in the hallway. 

" What are you planning on saying in the middle of the class ? " He asked, clutching his stomach.

" The fact that you ride a bi- " He quickly covered my mouth with his small hand. 

He glared. " Do you want me to get suspended from school ? " Riding a bike to school was totally against the school rule. 

I pulled his hand away from my mouth and laughed, " I'm not good at keeping secrets. " 

-------

As I sat back down in my desk, I've decided not to spill his secret but I've came up with a better idea. 

" Uhm, Seung Hyun, what were you talking about with oppa ? " Chaerin asked.

I stood up and shouted loudly, " Hey! Lee Seung Hyun from next class is a bi ! " The whole class broke into gossips and whispers immediately. 

" Bi ? " Chaerin's innocent eyes widen. 

" Ehh ? Jinjja ? " A few girls away from us spoke. " He does it with girls and guys ? "

" Yeah, he seems kind of gay. "

Chaerin's jaw dropped open and she looked like she was going to pass out. The door was already opened when Seungri ran back in and dragged me out again. I can't help but laughed out loud as he threw punches at me.

" Why did you- " Seungri.

" Oppa, is it true ? " Chaerin walked to us. 

" Why are you believing him ? " He screamed in frustration. " Bike! We were talking about the scooter! " 

But Chaerin ignored him and ran back to class, sobbing. I haven't laughed that much in years.

-----------

The sun was setting and the sky was orange, and pink and red. It sent off a comfortable warm embrace. I was sitting on the bench of the park, listening to Bom reciting lines from the play she wanted to do. I liked watching her talk, it made everything seems so easy.

" Seung Hyun, is that something you want to do ? " She asked after a long silence because we were both eating our ice-cream that I bought.

" Ji Yong and I ... " I wasn't sure if my heart was ready to talk about it again. 

" You can tell me, Seung Hyun. " Her smile was so angelic.

" Right. " I inhaled, " So Ji Yong and I both enrolled to play sports. Ji Yong went for soccer and I went after basketball. But, I quitted a little while after that. " 

" You don't like basketball anymore ? " 

" No ... I just haven't touched one in a while. " 

Her eyes lit up. " In that case, Seung Hyun-ah, would you like to play basketball with me tomorrow after school ? " 

" No, I- "

" I will see you at the court then. " She stood up from the bench before I could say anything. I didn't want to disappoint her but ...

----------

Ji Yong was snoring and I was sitting on his table the next day. We've decided to skip school because it was a half day anyway. The sky was dark today. It was a mixture of grey and black. I knew that a thunderstorm was going to come. I thought about Bom's face over and over again in my mind. Should I go meet her at the basketball court ? 

I looked at the clock and it was half past one. School was over. Outside the window, the rain was starting to pour. It wasn't heavy. Ji Yong opened an eye and groaned, " Why do you keep looking out of the window ? " 

Bom wouldn't be waiting for me at the basketball court at this weather right ? 

" Ji Yong, I'm borrowing your umbrella. " I made my way to the door and pulled the umbrella at the side with me.

She wouldn't be ... right ? I kept reminding myself that she wouldn't but as I walked towards the school's basketball court, her red hair never fail to catch my attention. She was standing under the basketball ring, a jacket wrapped around her but you could tell she was wet from the rain. Stupid girl.

" Lee Park Bom! " I shouted and ran over to her.