chap 2.

Better Late Than Never

“Baek! Do you want to go have lunch together?” Kyungsoo knocked on Baekhyun’s door before barging in. Baekhyun sighs before he looks up from his documents. Just how many times do I have to remind him to wait for my answer before opening the door, Baekhyun shakes his head giving up on telling Kyungsoo what to do.

“So you don’t want to?” Kyungsoo pouted. 

Seeing the pout Kyungsoo had on, Baekhyun crack a smile. Jongin will be so jealous if he sees that. Standing up, he stretches himself before putting on his coat and walk out of the door. Sensing that Kyungsoo is not following him, he looks back to see Kyungsoo still standing by his door with a sad pout.

“Uh, let’s go?” Baekhyun asked.

Kyungsoo’s face immediately lit up with a bright smile, skipping to where Baekhyun is and link their arms together. Baekhyun shakes his head at his best friend and get drag to the lift by his arm. 

“Ops, I forgot to take my phone!” Kyungsoo said as he feels around his pocket for his phone. He had left the phone on his desk after he ended the call with Luhan before leaving to ask Baekhyun to lunch.  

“Do you –”

“Nevermind. It’s lunch time, anything important can come after my meal!” Kyungsoo cut him off.

“If you say so.”

--

“Sehunnie, I want this and this!” Luhan pointed at his choice of ice cream excitedly, tugging on Sehun’s arm.

Sehun slightly chuckles at the excited Luhan before proceeding to the counter to order the ice cream, leaving Luhan to continue browsing through the endless tubs of ice cream.  “Sehun, can I have th-” Luhan paused as he looks up and see the waitress serving them winking shamelessly at Sehun. He glare hard at the waitress before walking over to Sehun and cling to his arm. He looks up at the taller and smiles sweetly before pecking him on the cheek.

He turned to the shocked waitress and rolls his eyes at her. “Can you just give us the ice cream already?” Luhan asked in a-not-so-friendly tone. The waitress broke out of her stare at the couple and hastily passes them the ice creams she had scooped. Before Sehun could take the ice creams, Luhan snatch it harshly away from the waitress’s grip before throwing her a glare and pushing Sehun to their seats.

“Cute.” Sehun mumbled. He smirks as a blush crept on to Luhan’s face. It was a joy to watch Luhan turn into a jealous puppy when girls openly flirt with him and then back to a docile bunny when he compliments the older.

He looks at Luhan who already started eating his ice cream happily. Even though Luhan is older, he looks like a little kid with the ice cream on the side of his mouth. Luhan looks up at him with his puppy eyes, beaming brightly. “Seh-“ He couldn’t complete what he wanted to say as Sehun leans in and away the ice cream on the side of his lips.  

Sehun sits back satisfied as he watches the rosy scarlet color spread over Luhan’s cheeks.


--

 “Isn’t that Luhan and Sehun?” Baekhyun stops Kyungsoo who was rambling about some gossips around the company that Baekhyun pay no mind to. They had just finished their lunch and were about to head to the shop near their company that serves awesome - according to Kyungsoo - desserts. Kyungsoo stop talking and took a step back, looking into the ice cream shop through the clear glass.

“Yeah, it’s them. That was why he rejected me when I ask him out for lunch?! He said he was busy with his work.” Kyungsoo sulks. “He is choosing his boyfriend over friends!” Baekhyun turns and look at Kyungsoo with a knowingly smirk.

“I wonder who was it that got drag home by his boyfriend when he promised to wait for his poor best friend after work to have dinner together, huh?”

“Th-that’s different!” Kyungsoo stuttered, “I was forced to!”

“Uh-oh, you could have call me, but no. You were busy having your time of your life with Jongin.”

“I-I know, I’m sorry! I already treated you for a luxurious dinner as an apology for that night. It cost me a bomb!” Kyungsoo pouted at Baekhyun, eyes filled with apologies.

“Let’s just go in, shall we?” Baekhyun relented.

“Yes, let’s spoil their date! Serve him right for choosing boyfriend over friends!” Kyungsoo pumped his fist up in the air before pushing through the door. Baekhyun following behind him, shaking his head in amuse at Kyungsoo.

--

Ding!

Upon hearing someone entering the shop, Luhan broke out of his trance and look at the entrance of the shop.

“Oh . Sehun, hide! Hide me!” Luhan says as he tries to go under the table.

“What?” Sehun stand up and hold onto Luhan’s wrist, refusing to let Luhan go under that dirty floor. Who knows if the employees had even mopped the area. “You are not going to fit under the table, Luhan.”

“Bu-but, Kyungsoo is here!” Luhan squeaked as he looks back to see Kyungsoo and Baekhyun walking in his direction. “Let me go, Sehun! I need to hide!”

“No, tell me what’s happening. The floor is dirty.  Luhan, no.” Sehun tighen his hold on to Luhan.

“Psh, Baek, look at Luhan trying to hide under the table.” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had arrived in front of their table, both looking at Luhan in amusement.

“H-hi!” Luhan sits up slowly, raising his hand in an attempt to greet them.

“So, you said you were busy with work?” Kyungsoo raised an eye brow at him.

“I was! B-but Sehun said he was craving for ice cream and he wouldn’t leave me alone till I come with him. Right, Sehun?” Luhan tugs on Sehun’s arm trying to get him on his side but Sehun offers him a blank stare.

“Oh. I see. Alright then. Baekhyun, let’s go. Someone’s not being honest here.” With that said, Kyungsoo pull the confused Baekhyun out of the shop.

Luhan looks at his lover beside him and his friends that are leaving the shop, unsure of what he should do. Sehun give him a slight push. Go, Sehun mouthed.  He rushes after the two, frantically trying to apologise.

“I’m sorry, forgive me please?” Luhan looks at them with his infamous puppy eyes. “Please please please?” He begs again.

“Fine, you’re treating for the ice cream. I want ten scoops.” Kyungsoo walks back to the shop with his head high up. Luhan smiles sheepishly at Baekhyun. “Sor-”

“Baek, hurry up! You like peppermint and strawberry right? Luhan’s paying, order as much as you like!”

Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders before walking into the shop and choosing his ice cream together with Kyungsoo. Luhan puts up a peace sign and winks at Sehun, before paying for the both of them.

When all four of them are seated down enjoying their ice cream, Sehun spoke up. “You guys do know that that’s was what Luhan was doing to me in my office when he said I refused to leave him alone because I want ice cream right?

Luhan’s cheeks flushed to the color of scarlet for the umpteenth time that day.

--

“Damn, where’s Kyungsoo?” Jongin paced around in Kyungsoo’s office, frustrated that his boyfriend is nowhere to be found, and worst still without bringing his phone. “Guess I just have to have lunch by myself.” He sighs sadly.