chap 1.

Better Late Than Never

Looking up from his endless work, he fondly gaze at the photo frame. It was taken during their 1st Year when Chanyeol had won the basketball tournament. Both of them had smiled so brightly, posing a peace sign to the camera.

When will you be coming back Baekhyun sadly thought as he bring the photo to his chest, eyes closed.  

A year ago, he travelled to Beijing trying to find his happiness back. But he couldn’t find him, no news, no phone calls, no e-mails, it’s like he had disappeared into thin air. He had run back to the school right after that voice mail, begging Kris – Wu seonsangnim – to tell him where Chanyeol was. All Kris had told him was that Chanyeol left for Beijing due to his family crisis. After a week of continuous begging, Kris had relented and told him that they were currently residing at his house in Beijing.

After graduating, he had immediately booked a ticket to Beijing with the money he saved from the past few months. He arrived at the address Kris had given him, only to leave in disappointment. “They left a month ago.” The butler living there had told Baekhyun. He clutched on to the butler tight, “Do you know any way to contact them?” he was desperate, this was not what he had expected.

“I’m sorry, but no.”

Dejectedly, Baekhyun had returned to Korea. Finding a job was hard. Finally finding a job at the end of the other street as a cashier, he works for a 10-hour shift daily. Travelling back and fro took at least two hours that he was too tired to think or do anything after he reached home.

Five months later, Jongin had called him offering a job vacancy, “Hey Baek, wanna work at my company? I have a job vacancy just for you. I will send you the address for the interview if you’re interested.”

Baekhyun wanted to reject, since he knew Jongin had never really liked him since that day. “I think I will just stick –“

“Kyungsoo said he wants to work with you. So, come. For the sake of Kyungsoo.” Jongin grumbled, “I don’t want to hire you too, but… forget it. Just come for the interview.”

Beep.

Baekhyun stared at the phone, “Kyungsoo..?”

 --


Baekhyun spent an hour choosing an attire for the interview. He finally settled on the formal attire, and was standing in front of the Kim Corporation.  He had known that Jongin was rich, just not this rich. Timidly, he took in deep breaths and walked to the front desk, “Hi, uhm, I am here for the interview for the –.”

“Baek! Here, I will bring you to your office!”

Startled, he turned around and spots Kyungsoo walking towards him in a casual outfit, a plain tee with jeans. Jongin followed behind with his hands in his pocket, nodding in acknowledgement at the staffs that greeted him. Embarrassed, he looks down at his attire, a blush creeping on his face.  

“W-what? Don’t I need to interview?” Baekhyun stammered, seeing his best friend for the first time after graduation.

“What for? I am the boss and I am going to hire you. What’s the point of having an interview?” Jongin walked over, casually swinging his arms across Kyungsoo’s shoulder, pulling Kyungsoo near him.

Flustered, Kyungsoo ducked down, and pulled Baekhyun to the lift. “Hey, wait for me babe!” Upon hearing this, Kyungsoo quickened his pace. 

 


--

“So, this will be your office. Your job is to analyze the data and look through the documents. If there’s anything wrong, you just come right to me.” Jongin had smugly said. 

“My extension is 1645, so just call me if you need any help adjusting.” Kyungsoo kindly offered.

“T-thanks. You both, thank you so much.” Kyungsoo pulled Baekhyun into a hug, one hand waving at Jongin to join the hug.

“B-but..” One glare from Kyungsoo had Jongin hurriedly walked over to join in the group hug.

--


Baekhyun sighs and continue with his work. 

 

 

-- 

So this is like a flashback for the past 2 years. Hope I didn't confuse you guys! 

 

^-^