Chapter 2

Punch

Chapter 2

The next morning, we all boarded a van to head over to the gym. Ryan would be expecting us so I got up extra early to do my hair and makeup. BAP all gaped at me as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom. “What?” I said, feeling a bit self conscious. They all stared at me as if I had two heads or something.

 

“Manda, we're just going to the gym,” Daehyun dryly remarked.

 

“You look nice,” Himchan said with a charming smile.

 

“Thank you, Himchan,” I gave him a warm smile before turning to glare at Daehyun. “At least one of us likes it.”

 

“We agree,” Zelo nodded. “You look pretty, noona.” Jongup nodded in agreement.

 

“Thanks, Zelo,” I said, beaming proudly.

 

“Who are you trying to impress?” Youngjae bluntly asked, throwing me under the bus. Thanks a lot, Youngjae. “We see you like this all the time and it's nothing new.”

 

I glowered at him. “No one. I just thought I'd get dolled up a bit,” I said.

 

Yongguk snickered but stopped when I turned to glare at him.

 

“Bull,” Himchan pointed out. “If I didn't know any better, you're seriously trying to impress someone. We're your friends, Amanda. You know, you can tell us.”

 

“Yeah,” the others murmured. “Tell us.”

 

Youngjae gasped. “Wait a minute,” he perked up. The attention soon shifted over to him. “I know exactly who it is!”

 

“Who?” Daehyun, Jongup, and Zelo asked at once.

 

“Is it Ryan by any chance?” Youngjae asked, narrowing his eyes at me. The color drained from my face and he knew right away.

 

Daehyun laughed. “Wait, Ryan? The one we're meeting today?!” he exclaimed, with an amused glint in his eyes.

 

Oh no... I thought, my eyes widened.

 

“No freakin' way!” Daehyun cackled.

 

“So it is Ryan!” Youngjae exclaimed triumphantly. “So is that why you signed us up for lessons? To be closer to him.” He soon burst into laughter along with Daehyun. The others couldn't help but join too.

 

Himchan was seemingly amused as he found himself laughing along with them, including Jongup and Zelo.

 

Eventually, I turned to Yongguk, who was grinning in amusement. I pointed to the others at how ridiculous they looked and he just shrugged in return. So much for trying to reprimand them. Thanks a lot, buddy. Some friend you are. You can't even put your group members in line.

 

“This is gonna be fun,” said Daehyun, smirking mischievously.

 

“Tell me about it,” added Youngjae.

 

“Don't you dare,” I warned them. “If you guys do anything to blow this, I will hunt you down and I will kill you!” I hissed with a fiery glint in my eyes.

 

Those two idiots gulped back in fear. Heh, I knew that would scare them. Thank you, Mr. Liam Neeson for coining those famous lines. That'll shut them up, for now at least.

 

I could hear snickering in the background. I turned to find Himchan and Yongguk stifling their laughter along with Jongup and Zelo.

 

Eventually, we arrived at the empty gym. It was closed until the evening classes started, which was convenient since Ryan had more time on his hands to give the guys and myself a tour. Not that I needed one anyways but then I didn't mind anyways since it's Ryan, for crying out loud! I'm already excited as it is. I could care less what the others think.

 

As I led the guys inside, I found him behind the desk on the computer. He stood as soon as he saw me. “Hey, there!” I said cheerily making my way to him.

 

He grinned. “Hey! How's it going?” he asked spreading his arms to hug me.

 

I hugged him tightly, taking in his scent. Sighing dreamily, I shut my eyes for a moment. I could get used to this, I thought. Before long, I heard someone clearing their throat, waking me from my reverie. “Right,” I chuckled, turning to the guys. “Ryan, these are the friends I told you about, BAP. Guys, this is Ryan.”

 

“Should we greet him like how we normally introduce ourselves?” Himchan whispered loudly.

 

Yongguk shrugged, “It's worth a shot.” He said before clearing his throat.

 

Together: “Hello, we are BAP. Yes sir!” They saluted along with a group bow.

 

I buried my face in my hands out of sheer embarrassment. Sheepishly, I glanced over at Ryan, who only chuckled in return. “Guys?” I cleared my throat to garner their attention. “It's just Ryan.”

 

“Sorry,” they apologized at once.

 

“No, it's cool,” Ryan shook his head, grinning. “Don't worry about it. Nice greeting, by the way.”

 

“Thanks,” Youngjae spoke up with a sheepish grin. “We came up with it on a whim.”

 

“It's not bad,” said Ryan. “I like it a lot.”

 

“Thanks,” BAP replied at once. From the smiles on their faces, I can tell they already like Ryan. Everyone likes Ryan. Maybe that's what I like about him. He's so sweet and friendly.

 

“So, what are your names again?” he finally asked.

 

One by one, each guy approached Ryan to introduce himself. “Hello, I'm Yongguk,” my leader best friend said, extending his hand. “I've heard a lot about you.” He gave me a wink.

 

I blushed when Ryan turned to face me. “I hope she's been saying some nice things about me,” he replied teasingly.

 

“Of course I say nice things!” I huffed. “I have nothing mean to say!”

 

“That's so sweet of you, Amanda,” Ryan grinned warmly back at me as he tenderly patted my back.

 

Inside, I was screaming like a fangirl but on the outside, I couldn't contain my smile. From my peripheral view, I could sense Daehyun and Youngjae looking disgusted but I didn't care. I'm the one with a crush on Ryan. Not them.

 

Next, Himchan introduced himself. “Hi, I'm Himchan and I hear you teach a bunch of female students?”

 

The whole room groaned.

 

Ryan only chuckled. “I mean, yeah,” he nodded, glancing over his shoulder towards the door to the workout room. “Chicks love coming here. I've been told they get a good workout from us.” He whispered loudly. “So at least we're doing something right.” He chuckled lightly.

 

“Will we, um,” Himchan cleared his throat, looking around the room. “Get to see them working out—Ow!” I pinched him on his waist which prompted him to jump. He glared at me in return.

 

“Watch it,” I warned him through gritted teeth.

 

“I was just asking about the workout!” he whined.

 

I scoffed. “Oh please, we all know that's a lie!” I called him out.

 

Ryan chuckled once again. “It's okay, Amanda,” he said before turning to Himchan. “If you guys want, you could stick around to watch the 5 o'clock class. I'll be teaching.”

 

“Sounds like a plan,” Himchan smirked mischievously at me.

 

I sure hope I get partnered up with him in class. That way, I can beat the out of him and there's nothing he could do about it. I cannot wait until our first lesson.

 

Next up was Daehyun, “Hi, I'm Daehyun. I, um, noticed you have some cookies up front...”

 

“Oh great,” I groaned in annoyance.

 

Ryan chuckled, picking up the plate offering the cookies to us. “Help yourselves,” he said.

 

Daehyun took a bite before turning to face me. “If they're offering cookies everyday, sign me up.”

 

I face palmed myself. Of course, where there's food, Daehyun has no shame.

 

It was now Youngjae's turn to introduce himself. “Hello, I'm Youngjae,” he extended his hand to Ryan. “Nice to meet you. I have a feeling I'm gonna like it here.” He turned to me emphatically giving me a wink as Yongguk had done in the beginning.

 

My nostrils flared as I sent a death glare his way. He gave me an innocent smile in return. He sure spends way too much time with Daehyun. I hope they don't partner up in class. Maybe Ryan could split them up! That will show them! Hmph!

 

“Nice to meet you too, man,” Ryan shook his hand, patting him on the back. “I sure hope you'll like it here.” He finally said before turning to the younger guys.

 

“Hi, I'm Jongup.” said the younger guy, flashing a wide grin as he extended his hand. “I hope you'll be taking care of us, teacher.”

 

Ryan chuckled then nodded. “Hey, I'm not gonna be the only one who's teaching you, you know,” he said. “But I'll be looking forward to helping you guys.”

 

Jongup simply nodded. Then, Ryan soon shifted his attention to the tallest member.

 

“Hi, I'm Zelo,” he said, shaking his hand firmly with a slight bow. “Thanks for having us today.”

 

Ryan chuckled, I could tell the effect the maknaes are having on him. I made a mental note to commend them later on for being so polite to him. “No problem,” he said. “Thanks for coming.”

 

“Zelo and Jongup are both dancers,” I said, beaming proudly at them. “I think they'd fit right in.”

 

“Hey, that's great!” Ryan exclaimed happily. “I'm sure they're gonna be fast learners.”

 

“Agreed,” I nodded.

 

“Now,” Ryan announced, garnering everyone's attention. “How would you guys like a tour?”