Chapter 11

Punch

Chapter 11

“Bang, it's just sparring,” Amanda sighed in exasperation. “If I get hurt, then big freakin' deal! Sue's gonna get hurt too but I don't see you guys showing concern over her!”

 

“That's cause you're our friend and we worry about you, A LOT,” he emphasized.

 

“I get that you're looking out for me but I'll be fine,” she said. “So does that mean you're gonna stand at my corner?” She asked with a hopeful smile.

 

He sighed before a smile curled onto his lips. “Of course,” he said. “What do you take me for?”

 

Amanda shrugged, swinging another punch at the bag. “Gee, I don't know,” she said. “If you weren't gonna stand in my corner, I was simply gonna ask the other guys.”

 

“I've just agreed to be the referee,” Himchan announced from behind. Amanda gave him a look. He shot her his own look. “What? Someone's gotta call the shots around here.”

 

Amanda scoffed and rolled her eyes, shaking her head before resuming what she was doing. “Whatever,” she muttered, swinging another punch towards the bag behind her.

 

Yongguk gave his best friend a look.

 

“What, Bang?” Himchan said defiantly before sighing. “Look, I'm completely on your side but if I'm not gonna do it then no one else will. Anthony has plans and it's not like he'd be able to call the shots since I'm pretty sure he's not one to come between two girls and the other guys,” he glanced over his shoulder at BAP, who were all blowing off a bit of steam on the mat, “Are too cowardly to do it themselves.”

 

Yongguk glanced at Amanda before turning back to his best friend. “Alright,” he finally said. “I just hope you know what you're doing.”

 

Himchan snorted. “Of course I do,” he retorted back smugly. “How bad could it get?”

 

Yongguk exhaled sharply before glancing wearily at his best friend. “It's Amanda, we're talking about here. You know how she gets when she's competitive,” he pointed out. “So I'm gonna need you to make sure she doesn't get too aggressive.”

 

Himchan gave his best friend a half smile along with a mock-salute. “You got it,” he said, looking over at Amanda before chuckling to himself. “Handling Amanda is a piece of cake.”

 

Yongguk shot him a look.

 

“What?” Himchan stared back at him.

 

“Oh you say that now, Himchan,” he finally said before walking off.

 

Himchan gaped at him from behind. “What's that supposed to mean?” he asked. “Hey Bang!” He called out to his best friend, proceeding to follow him. “Wait!”

 

“What was that all about?” asked Daehyun as he found himself eying the two oldest members.

 

Youngjae shrugged. “Beats me,” he finally said, proceeding to continue his workout.