Slayed By The Devil

You Can't Save Me

This is the depressing ending guys.  Sorry if the ending was rushed, I really just wanted to finish this :P I hope you guys enjoyed reading!

9. Beast Shadow

10. B.A.P Coma

11. B.A.P Save Me (Main Theme)

 


My name Baek Yoo-Ae

My name means “love killer,” but I’m not

Am I?

 

I woke up in a dark room, what looked like a classroom at school.  It was so dark that I could only barely make out the outline of my hands, but I couldn’t see anything in front of me.  I carefully turned around and saw the outline of a figure in the distance.  I was hesitant to walk up to it, but I took a bold step forward.  Then another, and another, until I was standing above it.  By the time I was there, my eyes had adjusted to the darkness.  I reached down to touch the figure, and turned it onto its back.

I flinched back.  It was Seokjin.

I felt a dampness under my shoe and saw the gleam of scarlet blood spilled all over the floor.  My hands were also coated with the redness.  Before I could even scream, I was knocked to the floor and pinned down.  I stole a glimpse at my attacker before I was stabbed into my neck.  My sight faded slowly.

 

I woke up with a gasp, the tears running down my face.  I should have been fearful of Seokjin being dead in my dream, his blood circled all around me.  I had killed him in my dream, and that was a really bad omen for today.  Instead, I was scared for who attacked me in the end.  The one who had killed me with a smirk gracing a victorious expression.

It was me, as if I had finally killed my sanity and moral in exchange for a life of a demon.

I sat up and ran a hand through my messy hair and looked at the clock.  It was still dark outside, but I might as well get up since I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep for the remaining 30 minutes on my clock.  I decided to shower before I would get dressed and head out to school.  I got dressed and examined myself in the mirror.  I looked paler than usual, and my features looked exhausted from that dream.  I knew what it meant, and I wasn’t scared.  I knew it was inevitable, and I couldn’t stop it.  Fate is fate, you can’t do anything about that.  I had accepted that since I was cursed.  Nonetheless, I was still frightened of what would happen.  A part of me didn’t want this to happen, a part of me wanted to fight against it as much as I could.  But prolonging this was killing me, and I know it’s killing him too.

Maybe I mean that literally, but I know both of us were going to die soon.

 

*~*~*~*

 

At lunchtime, I was walking around the school building’s abandoned parts.  I just wanted to be alone to think.  I had managed to avoid Seokjin so far the entire day.  I needed assurance that nothing was going to happen and that dream was just there to scare me.

I was pulled into a classroom with my mouth covered.  I was pushed against the wall and I heard the door lock.

“What the-”  My words caught in my throat when I saw the eyes of Seokjin.

“Yoo-Ae, you’re not leaving me,” he said harshly.

“Seokjin, I told you that I can’t-”

“I don’t care!” he pushed himself against me.

As scared as I was right now, my heart was beating faster.  I could feel the burn starting to pulse through my body.  “Jin, you know what will happen.”

“Can’t you just tell me what’s going on?” he pleaded.  His grip on my shoulders softened.  “I need to know.”

“There isn’t time, you need to leave,” I warned.

“But...I need you…” he said, his eyes slowly turned blood red.  “I didn’t get a chance to finish yesterday.”

My eyes widened in fear.  This wasn’t good, I had a very bad feeling about this.  “Jin-”

“Don’t speak,” he snapped, placing a finger on my lips.  “Because of you, I didn’t get a chance to show you how much I truly loved you.”

Despite the apparent kindness of his words, he sounded a little sinister, which was worrying me a bit too much.  “What-”

He ran his hands down my waist.  “What I’m trying to say is that I want to finish that,right  here, right now.”

I froze and just stared at him.  He was being completely serious, a smirk gracing his features.

“I’ve wanted you forever, Yoo-Ae, and some curse isn’t going to stop me from making you mine,” he said huskily in my ear.  “I’ll make sure that I have you screaming for me.”  He pressed his body against me and I shivered.  He groaned right into my ear from the pressure.

My eyes rolled back, but I shut them quickly to regain my composure.  “This isn’t you.”

He started on the spot below my earlobe making a mewl escape from my mouth.  “I’ve barely even touched you and yet you make these noises,” he chuckled, sending the vibrations into my ear.  “You would be squirming under me sooner than I thought.”

A burning sensation passed through my body as his fingers traced my sensitive area.  A moan escaped as my heart pounded faster.  “Seokjin…” I moaned out.

He grunted in response.  “You sound so y right now, I can’t control myself.”  His fingers made their way under my shirt.  “I’m gonna screw you senseless,” he drew out every syllable in my ear.

Suddenly, my sense got put back as I switched our positions and pushed him against the wall.  “Stop that!”  My teeth and nails grew as I felt burning throughout my entire body.

“I’ll let you dominate then,” he smirked.

“SHUT UP!” I held his neck between my hands and dug my fingers into his ivory skin.  The blood was seeping out effortlessly.  The bloodlust in me was just waiting for the scarlet liquid to keep pouring out until there was no more.

But then I blinked and I let go of him.

A pain in my head made me bury my face in my hands for a moment.  When the pain subsided, I looked back at what just happened.  My heart sank.

"No..." I widened my eyes at the sight of the blood seeping out from Jin's body.  I didn't want to go over and touch him, I was afraid that I would break him more than I have already.  My world had been overturned, and blackened.  I felt no purpose, only remorse and guilt.  My knees started shaking and the tears welled up in my eyes.  I was ready to collapse onto the floor.  I wanted to just curl up in a ball and die.  All of my efforts, all the suffering I went through to protect him; everything had just crumbled and burned to a crisp in front of me now that he was dead.  That dream I had this morning didn’t seem as terrifying now that it’s actually happened in front of me.

"Noona..." I heard Jungkook whisper.  I heard him gasp afterwards.  “Damnit…” he cursed under his breath.

I didn’t turn to see him.  I didn’t want him to see this, I didn’t want him to see me.

Noona?” he said again and tried to put his hands on my shoulders.

I pushed him away.  "Don't touch me, Jungkook," I cried.  "I'll kill you too."  I backed away from him slowly.

"I'm dead already, you can't kill me," Jungkook said, the hurt evident in his eyes.

I shook my head.  "I just can't."

He was silent.  He looked down with those guilty eyes that pulled at my heart.  "Are you...mad at me, noona?  Because I didn't do anything to stop you?  Because I came too late?"

I stared at him incredulously.  "Jungkook, that's not why."  I didn't know what else to say, so I walked up to him and hugged him tightly.  "I'm afraid that I would hurt you.  I just killed one of the people that I love, I don't want that to happen to you too."

Killing Jin was eating away my heart on the inside.  I was responsible for killing him of all people, and I was to blame for not controlling myself.  There was no way I was going to let Jungkook blame himself when it was just my fault.

“I know how much you love him, noona,” he mumbled, hugging me back.

“What’s done is done,” I said, shaking from fresh tears forming.  “Neither of us can do anything about it.”

Jungkook shook too.  “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry noona,” he said shakily.  “I should’ve been here earlier.”

“Don’t you dare blame yourself,” I hit him in the back weakly, crying harder.  “It’s my fault.  You don’t deserve any blame.”  I’m the monster, not you.

We just stayed there like that, crying on each other’s shoulders, not saying another word about who was to blame.

A puff of smoke suddenly appeared before us.  In all of her hellish glory was Lucinda.  I would think that she would be smirking now.  Instead, she looked ready to commit murder.

“You!  Jeon Jungkook!” she pointed at him.

I felt the boy next to me freeze.  “What?” he asked.

“You betrayed me!” she yelled.  “You were helping her the whole time!”

“That was my choice, and I have no obligation to you!” he yelled back.

“You went against my orders!” Lucinda snapped.  “You were supposed to keep an eye on her and make sure she killed him earlier than this!  Now you’re comforting her?!”

“She needed my help,” Jungkook argued.  “And I’m no devil like you.”

“You’re coming with me, you ungrateful little child!” she took hold of his shirt and pulled him off the ground.  “I’ll make sure you go to Hell personally!”

My mind was spinning.  Since when did Jungkook listen to Lucinda?  And why is she taking him to hell?!  No!  I wasn’t going to lose Jungkook!  I just lost Jin!

“Stop!” I yelled.  “I’ll go!’

Both of them looked at me.  “WHAT!!??”

“I said, I’ll go,” I said, my heart beating faster.  “I’ll replace Jungkook.  Take me instead.”

Noona, no!” Jungkook yelled.

“Shut up, let me hear her out,” Lucinda smirked and let him go.  “Why would you want to go, mortal?”

“I-I have nothing left to live for,” I said quietly.  It was true, I had killed my lover, and Jungkook would be gone too.  “I don’t want to live anymore.  And I know you just did this to prolong my way there, so I’ll just get this over with now.”

“You don’t know what you’re doing noona!” Jungkook shook me.  “Are you out of your mind?!”

“No, Kookie,” I said, smiling sadly at him.  “I’m done with this, I just can’t pretend to be ok.  I can live with this immense guilt, and I sure as hell can’t move on from this.”  I hugged him.  “I’m sorry Kookie.  I hope you advance into your next life soon.  I wish you the best.  Please bury my body with Jin’s, promise me?”

“Don’t go noona,” he pleaded.  “You can’t leave.”

“I have to,” I said, starting to cry.  “It’s for the best.”  I pulled away from him and kissed his cheek.  “I love you Kookie.”  I turned to Lucinda with a heavy heart.  “I’m ready to go.”

“I thought you would never be ready,” she rolled her eyes.  “Humans and their dramatic scenes.”  She held onto me and snapped her fingers.

I felt numb and my eyes rolled back into my head.  The energy was completely out of me  as I fell to the floor.  My vision faded to black.

I woke up to fire burning my body.  I opened my eyes and saw red, blazing heat everywhere.  I couldn’t move, but I was being sent to a vat of fire.  Something grabbed my hand.  I turned my head to look.  The face of the person belonged to an angel rather than someone that just got on a one way trip to Hell.  He smiled softly at me with those gentle eyes I could spot anywhere.

“Glad to see you again, love.”