Touched By The Devil

You Can't Save Me

5. SPEED 통증 (Pain, the Love of Heart)

6. Boyfriend Janus

7. SPEED 왜 난 꼭 (Why I'm not?)

8. JJCC 첨엔 다 그래 (At First)

 


 

My name Baek Yoo-Ae

My name means “love killer,” but I’m not

I hope I’m not

 

“Are you sure that you don’t want me to drive you home?” Seokjin asked, looking into the darkness in front of us, only dimly lit by streetlights.  He turned to face me.  “It’s awfully dark out there, it’s not safe.”  Fear was apparent on his face.

“It’s okay, Jin,” I smiled, but on the inside I was freaking out.  “I’ve done this many times, and it’s only a 10 minute walk away.”

He still seemed distressed as he shifted onto his other leg and looked back out at the beckoning darkness.  “I don’t know, anything can happen in 10 minutes.”

“You’re being too paranoid,” I put a hand on his shoulder.  “I don’t want to keep you from your rest.”

“It can wait for a few minutes.  Your safety is more important,” his face hardened.  “Besides, it looks like it’s going to rain in a few minutes.”

I looked up and saw the outline of dark clouds covering the already darkened sky.

“I’m not taking no for an answer,” he said in finality before grabbing my wrist and going towards the parking lot where his car was.

“Seokjin,” I sighed, but allowed myself to be pulled along.

He stopped walking and turned to face me.  Even in the dim light, his facial features were still beautifully breathtaking, making my heart skip a beat.  “I’m doing this for your own good, Yoo-Ae.”  His hand reached up and brushed a stray hair behind my ear.  “Come on.”  He held my wrist again, gentler this time as I walked next to him.

I got into the passenger side of his car, he closed the door before getting into the driver’s side.  The ride was short and quiet.  I just stared at him out of the corner of my eye.  Babo Jin, why are you doing this to me? I thought.

We had gone to the library after school to study for exams.  We ended up staying later than we intended, and it had gotten dark quickly.  But we had a lot of fun, as long as I got to stay with him for a while.

He pulled up in front of my apartment building and turned to me.  “Now was that so hard?” he smiled sweetly.

I sighed in defeat.  “No, it wasn’t,” I admitted.

“Hurry now, go get your rest,” he reached over and squeezed my shoulder.  “I’ll see you tomorrow for exams.”

I nodded and got out.  “See you, Jin.”

I watched as he pulled out and left, waving after me before he drove off.  I turned around, getting my keys to unlock the door.  I pushed the door open and threw my books on the couch.  Since it was garbage night, I went to gather all the trash before walking back out and dropping it in the garbage can on the curb.

As I was about to turn and go back in, I heard a scream coming from the alley across the street.  I looked up and saw a woman advancing on a man before disappearing.  I quickly ran across the street into the alley.  The woman was towering over the man, who was recoiling in fear against her.  I picked up an empty glass bottle and threw it at the woman’s head.  “Hey!”

Both of the turned to look at me, the bottle crashing into the woman’s face.  She doubled over with a scream of pain, and I knew I had handicapped her.  The man took the opportunity to run away with his tail between his legs.  But against my belief, the woman looked up and growled at me, not a single scratch was on her face.  Suddenly, her eyes shone a bright red in the darkness.

, I cursed in my head.  I could feel my entire body freeze.  I backed away slowly.  She’s a demon.  Crap crap crap!

She held up her hand, and I felt like I was being choked.  She lifted her hand up and I levitated above the ground.  “How dare you poke your nose into a demon’s business, lowly human?” she growled.

“He was in trouble,” I could barely speak because I was being choked.

“He was my mate!” she growled.

“More like your prey!” I spat, and the pressure on my throat intensified, making me scream.

She threw me back down onto the ground.  I fell with a THUD, and I gasped for breath.  The air was burning my throat rushing back in.  I looked up and saw her blood red eyes staring dangerously at me.  “What is your name, child?” the demon asked me.

“B-Baek Yoo-Ae,” I replied, stuttering out of nervousness.

“Then you will stay true to your name,” she said as her eyes glowed red.  “You shall now be forever cursed by me, foolish child.”

A new chill went down my spine at the sound of that.  “W-what do you mean?”  I was beyond frightened now; I was shaken down to the last bone in my body.

“Maybe I should do something to your lover.   It’s only fair since you scared away my own lover,” she shrugged.

“You don’t even know who my lover is,” I snapped, trying to stay strong.

The demon just smirked knowingly.  I knew that wasn’t a good sign.  “Kim SeokJin, isn’t it?”

My eyes widened.  Before I could scream, I was pushed up against the wall and my hands binded with stone handcuffs.  Her eyes glowed and an almost holographic image was shown in front of me.  Jin was in his room, soundly sleeping.  His face was peaceful, unlike the chaos I was going through now.  “Such a handsome boy, don’t you think?” she sighed.  “It would be a shame to harm that pretty face.”

“Don’t touch him, you !” I screamed out of instinct, struggling to break out of these stupid cuffs.

“Oh, it’s okay my dear.  But calling someone a is a terrible word,” she said dryly.  “I’m Lucinda, you’ll need it to curse me later.”

“I don’t care what your name is, don’t you dare touch Jin!” I spat at her.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt him,” she walked towards me slowly, feigning sympathy in her voice.  She lifted my chin to look at her and stop struggling, her long blood red nails slightly digging into my skin.  “You’re going to be the one to do that.”

I pushed her away.  “What do you mean?” I asked, suddenly getting scared all over again.  My face went pale.

‘I’m going to put a curse on you, of course,” she answered simply.  “Whenever you lose control or get overwhelmed by your emotions, your anger will get the best of you,” she proclaimed.  “You shall never be able to be near the one you love, or else you would be destined to kill him out of uncontrollable rage.”

My heart felt like it was about to give out and die.  How could I live with such a fate?  Why would I want to be away from Seokjin forever?  “Please, don’t punish me that way,” I pleaded.  “Curse me in a different way, but please don’t separate us.”

“I have no other choice,” she said bitterly.  “You have separated me and my own lover; this is what you deserve, now live with the consequence.”

“Please, I’ll endure anything else!  Just please don’t curse my own love,” I begged helplessly.  I couldn't live without Seokjin, just the mere thought of having to lose him was eating at me painfully.

She stared at me.  “You are so pitiful,” she rolled her eyes in an annoyed way.  “But very well, I’ll show you some mercy.  I’ll give you a cure for you madness.  The curse can be broken only with a true kiss of your lovely Seokjin, but he will have to go through much hardship to do so.  If your rage is too much for him to deal with and he leaves you forever, then you will stay cursed and alone for the rest of your puny mortal life!”  She laughed cynically at the end.  “And if you end up killing him, well, the curse would be void as well.  But you would still be cursed to be alone forever.”

I was just about ready to just ask to die right there.  But I stayed silent and accepted my punishment quietly.  At least there was a sliver of hope for me.

“I will not negotiate any longer, you will live with your shame and regret,” the demon spat at me.  “Now you must wear red as a sign of your curse so I can keep an eye on you, unless of course the unlikely event of the curse being broken happens.  Goodbye, lowly mortal.  I’ll enjoy watching your misery and insanity.  And trust me, I won't make it easy for you.”  She laughed maniacally and disappeared into a black cloud of darkness.

The bindings on my wrists broke and I dropped down to my knees, sobbing heavily.  What have I done?  I’ve just cursed myself, and now I will die alone or else I would kill Seokjin!  After everything we’ve been through, all the suffering I have already gone through with unrequited love, this was something else.  This wasn’t just any forbidden love story plot twist, this was serious.  This one was deadly.

I felt pain in my heart, but I ignored it because it must have been just my heart grieving.  But the pain only grew stronger and sharper.  It stung so much that I screamed in pain.  My skin felt like it was being cut open.  When the pain subsided, I pulled my shirt down and saw a fresh curse mark.  It was as dark red as fresh scarlet blood.

“Curse mark,” I sniffed.  “I’m her possession now.”  I pushed myself up on my knees, wiping away my tears with the back of my hand.  I shakily walked back into my apartment and laid on my bed, curling up into a fetal position and silently praying that this was all just a horrible nightmare.

 

“Hey, wake up.”

I flinched at the touch of someone shaking me awake.  I almost jumped up before groaning in pain once more.  My entire body was still sore.  I opened my eyes slowly and saw a familiar face.  “What are you doing here, Jungkook?” I asked weekly.

“I came to check on you again,” he answered.  “And it’s a good thing I did, because obviously you can’t move.”  He effortlessly scooped me off the floor in his arms and set me down on the couch, putting a pillow under my head.  “What happened?”

I rubbed my eyes.  “Seokjin came unexpectedly today-”

“Did you kill him??!!” Jungkook gasped.

I got a migraine from his scream.  “Shut up,” I growled, covering my eyes with my arm.  “And do you see his dead body anywhere, you idiot?”

“Just making sure,” he shrugged.

“I almost did, Jungkook,” I whispered.  I removed my arm and just stared at the ceiling, remembering everything.  “I tried to keep it in, but the curse was too strong.  I managed to curb it for a while, until he confessed his feelings.  But Jungkook, there was something weird that happened.  I swear I saw Jin’s eyes get outlined by red, like the outside of his pupils were bright red!  I think he was possessed by her!”

“Are you sure it wasn’t just bloodshot?” Jungkook asked skeptically.

“Jungkook, I know he was possessed, by lust at that!” I argued.  The next scene played in my mind like a tape.  “We were up against the wall and he was kissing my neck, then carried me to the couch and-”

Noona, did he steal your ity??!!” Jungkook’s eyes widened.

I sighed.  “No, you idiot, he barely even made it to second base.  The curse kicked in and I yelled at him to get out.  I was between states, and it the energy right out of me.  That’s how I ended up  on the floor.  And it right before I could kiss him too…”

Jungkook groaned.  “Lucinda meant it when she said she wasn’t gonna make it easy for you.”

“She’s totally teasing me,” I mumbled.  “She must’ve wanted us to have that moment before I would finally kill him.  That’s why the curse hadn’t taken over sooner…and for Jin to have those eyes.”

“So now Jin has been touched by a devil,” Jungkook sighed, sitting down on the floor next to me.  “I wish I could help you, noona, I’m sorry.”

“You’re just a ghost, Jungkook,” I snorted.  “You don’t even know if you’re going to Hell or not.”

“Hey, one deed can switch any fate,” he defended.  “If I can help you break Lucinda’s curse, I would become an angel for sure,” he smiled.

“But you can’t do anything, Kookie,” I groaned.  “You don’t have supernatural abilities, just switching between the human and spirit world.”

“I know,” he sighed.  “I wish I could do something to help.”

I closed my eyes.  “I was meant to die alone, Kook.  If this was my fate, then Jin is meant to die and leave me.”  My eyes started tearing up at the realization.  “If I keep trying to break this, then I’ll kill him.  It’s better if I just leave it be and just die here alone.  He can move on with life, fall in love with someone else, and forget about me.”  The tears fell from my eyes.

Noona, don’t say that,” Jungkook sighed again, wiping my eyes.  “Jin can only love you.  You two were destined to be together, or else why would you two have fallen in love with each other?  It’s Lucinda’s fault that she twisted fate and put a skew in your destiny like this.  You guys are meant to be together.  We’ll find a way through this, because he’s not giving up on you, and neither am I.”

“What’s the point?” I choked.  “Lucinda’s just gonna keep manipulating him into coming over here, messing with both of our hearts and taking advantage of our feelings, getting me close to him enough that she could turn me back into a monster and kill him!  We’re puppets, Jungkook!  We’re pieces on a chessboard that she has completely control over, and there’s nothing any of us can do about it!  I should just stay here alone without anyone, not even you!  I should be suffering this alone until I can’t take it anymore and die!  You should just leave and save yourself from my misery.”

Jungkook stared at me for a moment, contemplating I guess.  “Do you love SeokJin, noona?” he asked seriously.

“Of course, I do!  What kind of a question is that?” I snorted.

“Then do you love him enough to try and break the curse?” he asked softly.

I looked at the boy in front of me.  “Jungkook-”

“I’m serious, noona,” he said, keeping a straight face.  “Look, love has its obstacles, curse or no curse.  If we all gave up on love because of these obstacles, then it’s not really love.  You may have a 100 meter hurdle in front of you compared to the normal 1 meter hurdle, but you always have that opportunity to get a super giant mushroom.  That makes you turn into a huge 1,000 meter tall runner.  And then-”

“Kookie, where are you going with this analogy?” I asked, annoyedly.

“What I’m trying to say is all relationships have problems.  This case might be a bit more life threatening and dangerous, but it’s still just an obstacle.  You have to try to get past it, or else you would be thinking and regretting about what could have been,” Jungkook explained.  “Noona, you have to at least try.”

“But what if I fail, Jungkook?” I asked quietly.

“Then I’ll have to just give my life so Jin can have his again,” Jungkook replied without missing a beat.

“But you’re dead Kookie…”

“Whatever you say, but I’m being serious about trying.  I may not be able to take out the curse, but I can be there when you turn and stop you from killing him,” Jungkook said.

“I don’t know, Kook…” I whispered.  “I don’t want to risk putting SeokJin in danger, I love him too much.  And the worst part would be that he would die because of me.  Do you know how guilty that makes me feel?  I already regret scaring him today, how am I supposed to live with a murder on my hands?”

Jungkook was silent.  “If you really want assurance about Jin dying,” he whispered.  “Then kill yourself.”

My eyes widened.  “What-”

“It’s the only way you guys can be together eternally, in the Afterlife,” Jungkook explained.  “Jin would die, and you would follow him.”

“But I’m going to Hell!” I exclaimed.  “I would be a murderer!  And I already have the demon curse!  This is just Lucinda’s way of prolonging my way to Hell, which is why she didn’t kill me anyway.”

“But then again, Jin was touched by a demon too…” Jungkook thought.

“But that’s not his fault-”

“And it’s not your’s either.  You’ve said it before; that’s not you when you’re overtaken, that’s you being controlled and possessed.  It’s Lucinda’s fault, and you shouldn’t be penalized for that,” Jungkook shook his head.

I sighed.  “Whatever, Kook.  I’m still just…afraid.”

Jungkook gathered me into his arms again and laid down next to me on the couch, embracing me.  “You don’t have to worry about it now.  You’re still weak, you should sleep.”  He buttoned up the buttons on my shirt quickly.  “You’ll be with him soon, noona, I promise I’ll do anything to help.”  He kissed my forehead before softly singing me to sleep.

My eyelids started drooping again.  “Kookie?’

He stopped singing for a moment.  “Hm?”

I closed my eyes.  “You don’t need Heaven, you’re already an angel,” I muttered before I fell into my slumber.

 


A/N: Slightly shorter chapter, but gives more info. Anyway, I planned three ends for this and I don't know which one to post... So by next week if you can answer this  poll, that would be great so this can be finished off.  I'm just wondering what type of ending you want, cuz I have a sad ending, a happy ending, and a so-so happy ending... But if you want me to post all three of them and then you guys read what you want to read, then I could do that too so yeah, just answer this for me: