Behind Fake Smiles

Each Other's Vindicta

Tony Braxton – Don't break my heart

***

    Soo Mi was looking at herself in the mirror with an appraising look. High ponytail, black and sleek suit, light make-up and high heels emphasizing the whole outfit. She was standing in the corridor the same day, waiting for her first meeting with Luhan after nine years. Well, it’s wasn’t exactly the way she thought it will be. A bodyguard is meeting her future boss.  Soo Mi was completely sure she could convince Luhan that she is the best for this job and no one else. She was also sure that he won’t recognize her.
    “It was just so long ago” Soo Mi whispered to herself taking a deep breath.
   

 

    *Flashback*
    “Hey, honey.” His smile wasn’t as bright as usual.
    “What’s wrong?” Soo Mi frowned, worry creeping into her heart. They were together for almost a year, a lot happened, she knew him from head to toe already. She loved him more and more with every day and she was happy.
    “Nothing. I am just tired.” Luhan gently kissed her temple and then continued.
    “Let’s go to a club today. I’ll pick you up at 7. Dress pretty. For me.” That reassuring smile of his convinced Soo Mi that he told the truth, so she was already waiting for that beautiful night. Little did she know that a demon hid behind that perfect smile today. If Soo Mi looked a bit deeper into his weird gaze, she would notice at least that something that told her that this day didn’t start as happy as the countless other days. Something will go terribly wrong.
    *End Flashback*
   

 

    “Park Minyeol?” Of course, her name needed to be changed for conspiracy. After nodding to the secretary, she also put a pair of black glasses on and a big and confident smile found its way to her pretty face. She began walking to the metal door, slightly pushing it.
    “Good Day, I am Park Minyeol and I…” She didn’t finish her sentence. She thought she stopped breathing for a second, looking at the handsome male in front of her, who was reading some newspaper.  He changed. Soo Mi eyed his presence quickly, before coughing. He became manlier and more confident in his himself. Well. Not for long.
    “And I am here for the head bodyguard position. I am capable of doing everything I will be asked for.” Soo Mi bowed 90 degrees. Luhan put away the newspaper lazily, casting a glance to the woman.
    “Have we met before?”  He narrowed his eyes at Soo Mi, attractively brushing with fingers through his messy hair. Soo Mi wasn’t for this question to be asked as the very first one. Her heart started to pound fastly, adrenaline going through her veins.
    “No, sir, we definitely haven’t. I wouldn’t forget your handsome presence.” Soo Mi wasn’t shy to get right to business just to forget his first awkward question.
    “Ha, you’re fast-forward. I like it. And thank you for the compliment.” Soo Mi would never forget that perfect smile that hasn’t changed since then. His confidence, hair color and style might have changed, but not the smile that painfully stings her heart. Soo Mi still finds the courage to smile back and keep professional.
    “I think you are aware that I am very strict what concerns my security.” Luhan got up from his seat and went around the table, his fingertips slightly touching the surface of it. Soo Mi just nodded watching his moves carefully.
    “The last one didn’t do his job right. I don’t like the fact that my people are sometimes trying to order me around.” He smirked and continued.
    “The head bodyguard does the most unrespectable work. He watches my apartment door every night while I am sleeping to prevent any kind of problems, if you know what I mean.”  Luhan sat at the edge of his table, Soo Mo gulped down her saliva quickly. Still being bossy. She laughed on the inside.
    “I am a very important person in this town and I hope you’ll do your job right. I hire you.” He casually said, returning to his heat with a cold expression of his.
    “Thank you.” Soo Mi was ready to talk her guts off convincing him but everything went smoothly to her surprise.
    “Why did you hire me exactly?” She asked of curiosity. Soo Mi remembered a bit late what she did, punching herself on the inside.
    “I really like the shape of your body, a perfect S-line. I won’t be ashamed of having such an attractive bodyguard.” Luhan said those words still wearing his uninterested frown.
    “I’m kidding. Your file is really impressive and I need a bodyguard.” Soo Mi finally starts to breathe again which doesn’t go unnoticed by our man. He smirked.
    “But still, my words before were all truth.” Luhan smiled teasingly, getting back to work. That devil knew perfectly fine how to speak with every type of women. Even though Soo Mi was completely sure she won’t fall for his tricks again, today one of the hundreds of hidden stitches of a scar loosened on her heart, giving the whole body a little bit of pain.


--------------------------------
Don't have much time to write but I love it *O* I hate/love my Luhan haha We will see what he will give us in future chapters. Thank you for reading. I hope I will finish it tomorrow <3