05

A Dozen Demons

 


Sera woke to a warm presence against her body. Twisting herself to locate the warmness that she lie on, she froze, her heartbeat drumming through her ears. Kai stirred awake, rubbing his eyes as he focused on the beat red Sera that cuddled up next to him.

“Hey. “ He mumbled, still possessed by the sleep that lingered. Kai scanned his surroundings looking for the others, but no one was in sight. Still embarrassed by the sudden closeness panicked, not knowing what to do, she buried her face into Kai’s shirt, hoping to hide her flushed face. Kai chuckled , amused by her actions he ruffled a hand in her hair. The two slowly got up, Kai stretching as his back ached from the cold hard floor. Only then did Sera notice the setting they embodied.

It looked like an abandoned fortress, covered in debris and moss that grew during the absence of the previous owner. Sora examined the environment carefully. Strange markings lined the floor to the ceiling , and half of the home was completely torn open, exposing a luscious forest  that lay just beyond. A fallen staircase lay submerged in a cave , illuminated by the sapphire blue water. The pillars in the home were made from a strange kind of rock that glittered in the thin ray of light.

“Roise Stone.” Kai answered her curiosity. He brushed the surface with his hand, remembering the forgotten memories that flooded back. Her gaze soften as she felt the warm ambiance that filled the place.

“Where are we? What is this place?” Sera glanced around taking in her surroundings, not wanting to miss a single detail of the fantasy fortress that she stood in.

“It’s our home…um well…was.” There was a faint sadness in his voice. His eyes followed her as she stared to roam the foreign landscape.

 Sera's awake, where are you all? Kai waited for a reply and watched as her feel the Roise Stone pillars. Electricity shot through her hand and spread throughout her body. “ What is this energy.” She whispered barely audible, but Kai had heard her. He smiled at the memories of the home that radiated from the pillar.

We’re on our way back from Metropolis. Meet us at Prometheus. It was Suho, he sounded extremely tired and stressed. Something had happened, but Kai knew he’d be briefed after.

 

Kai lead Sera through the emerald forest. He hoped that She would feel more comfortable exploring the environment for herself instead of teleporting them to Prometheus. Captivated by the alluring atmosphere Sera ‘s eyes sparked as she watched the forest buzz with life.  Exotic birds sang from nearby branches, projecting their melody through the forest. She was quickly distracted as she walked into Kai’s back. He stood, unmoving, his eyes closed. Fear rose within her as she noticed the silence that cut through the trees. The birds had stopped singing and the forest no longer supported the sound of life.

“ Come out, I know you’re out there.” Kai opened his eyes, staring directly ahead into the trees. Rustling could be heard and a low growl echoed through their ears.  She looked pleadingly at Kai begging him with her eyes that they should run. Kai not shifting his gaze, stay focused on the prowler hidden ahead of them. The growl grew louder and louder as the invader approached until it came into full view.

“Plu!” Kai exclaimed as the little monster hurdled itself at him. Kai laughed as he held the beast in his arms. “Plu! Its been so long, I missed you.” Kai held the monster in his outstretched arms to examine. Plu~ Plu~  it responded. He turned to Sera and held Plu up to her.

“ Sera, this is Plu, Plu this is Sera.” Sera backed away as the monster reached  out for her. Reluctantly she took him into her arms, earning a chuckle from Kai.

“He’s a Krone, an extinct species here in this dimension, well was. Haha, he likes you.” Kai grinned as Plu stuck his tongue out the left side of her face. “Dimension?” She eyed him questioningly .

“Oh-I forgot to mention, but as you can see.” Kai motioned his hand around to their surroundings. “This place isn’t exactly earth.”  Excitement filled his voice as he waited for Sera to absorb the new information and continued with a grin.

“ Sera, I welcome you to the Exo Dimension.


Just a reminder that the pictures used throughout the story do not belong to me.

Credit to the rightful owners !

Please Comment, i need feedback D:

Happy reading ~