Sink Me!

Rent a Boat

 

OMG... posting after soooooooo long. it feels so... weird  -_-  

Anyways sorry for the long wait. I had some exams so I didn't get much time to write. :/

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

His feet made little noise as he retracted his steps back into the boat and towards his cabin. He paused as his fingers wrapped around the door knob- trying to prolong the moment. He was not sure of the state Eric was in but he had no doubt that the man was boiling with anger. He was almost ready to face Eric’s wrath… almost.

With baited breath he turned the knob and pushed open the door.

 

Eric was not on the floor anymore. He had somehow managed to haul himself up onto Minwoo’s bed and was currently curled up in the fetal position with his hands tucked between his legs. His eyes snapped open when the door opened and he regarded Minwoo with such a gaze that made him feel like he had just kicked someone’s puppy.

And Minwoo felt… bad.

He was not the aggressor here, was he? He was not the one who started everything. So why was he feeling guilty?

What he did was only a mean of self-protection. Well, although he had to admit, his attack was a bit uncalled for and quite extreme, in a long, drawn out way, it was to protect himself.

But no matter how many times he tried to convince himself that he was not the one to blame and it was all Eric’s fault, it didn’t manage to lessen the guilt he felt inside.

 

Without saying anything he walked over to the berth and sat beside the man. Surprisingly Eric was quite calm for someone who had just been attacked. He didn’t make any move to attack Minwoo or even defend himself. To Minwoo it felt like the kick to the balls had done more damage to the man’s spirit than to his body.

They sat in silence for a long time. And Eric was, once again, the first to break the silence.

“Whoever you think I am… I’m not some lowlife or a thief. I just… needed a new beginning.”

The last part was said so quietly that Minwoo almost had to strain his ears to hear him in the quiet room. He wished he didn’t though, because that one sentence caused his anger to multiply tenfold and his blood to boil.  He tried hard to calm down his sizzling rage. Nothing good was going to come out of it- he should know it by now.

But…

  WHAT THE HELL…!

How dare this man, this complete stranger- knock him out, steal his boat, and then drag him out into some unknown fate just because he needed a ‘new life’. What right does he have to put Minwoo’s life into utter and complete chaos just because he needed a change?

Who the hell does he think he is?

 

Even though he was immersed in his silent fuming he could hear Eric rambling on- pouring out all of his heart’s contents.

“I know what I did was wrong. I take complete responsibility for causing you distress. But I was trying to be nice to you… I was trying to apologize. Why did you hit me like that?”

God what a whiner…

If the man was standing up instead of lying on the bed, Minwoo was certain he would not have hesitated to hit him again. And he was starting to doubt his decision to come back down.

What the hell did he expect Minwoo to do anyway? Roll over and forgive him? seriously?

He attacked him, stole his boat, dragged him out into sea for no good reason but for him needing a ‘new life’ and he expected Minwoo to forgive him just like that? Without a fight? Was he mentally retarded or something? That was not how the world worked. An eye for an eye- wasn’t that how the world worked?

And from his point of view he was actually being quite nice to the man. If it was someone else Eric would already be dead.

 

The rambling went on and on and Minwoo was at his wits end. He was almost up from his seat to find something and stuff it down Eric’s throat to stop the man’s rant when Eric finally decided to end his tirade with one last sentence.

“… I mean… you probably know me. I’m Eric Mun

He accentuated the last name as if Minwoo should know who he is.

Ahhhhhh the ego. 

Too bad the kick to the balls had not managed to lessen his massive ego. But Minwoo was all too happy to rectify that.

How the hell would Minwoo kno… wait… Eric Mun… Mun as in 'the business tycoon Eric Mun' ?

The  Mun family?

 

     ~~~

 

Of course Minwoo knew them. Everybody in town knew them. Hell, everyone in Korea probably knew them. One should be really really dense to not know The Mun family.

Their businesses were wide-spread with multiple hotels and restaurants all over the country. They had construction companies and car washes and gas stations. Their roots ran deep into almost all the major businesses in town. They were one of the richest families in the country.

And he knew about Eric Mun. The only son and heir to the Mun family fortune, his life was something akin to a fairy tale. It was everyone’s dream.

But it was not only about the wealth he inherited from his parents. The man was known for his skilled leadership qualities and strong character. His life was the one everyone envied and could only dream about.  Eric was the type of person Minwoo tried hard to be like- the perfect son and successful at everything he did.

In other words Eric Mun was the perfect human being and his life was what Minwoo thrived to get.

But what the hell was he doing now going around knocking people out and stealing boats?

 

    ~~~

 

Minwoo was sure his eyes were wide as saucers as he stared in fascination at the person seated next to him. Eric probably saw the recognition in his eyes and flashed him a smile that Minwoo was sure if it was not for his brain running haywire with the new information, he would surely find some sort of offence in.

However this changed everything. He thought this man was a thief. Instead Eric has the entire world at his heels. It meant Minwoo was not in danger. There was a pretty good chance that he would come out of this alive. He could get off this god forsaken boat and be done with all of this.

“Eric-shii…” his voice took a gentler undertone now that he knew the man was not a threat. “I’ll make a deal with you”

Eric’s eyebrows rose in inquisition so Minwoo continued.

“You can have this boat and I’ll just forget about this whole ordeal. You can go wherever you want to go… but please… just drop me off at the next port.”