Chapter 6

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She noticed. It wasn't hard for her to notice. 

 

Amber, the girl who's usually beaming like the sun, bouncing off the walls with the high energy she usually had was quiet, gloomy, and seemed to space out more these days. Of course Jessica was worried, who wouldn't be? She softly bit her lower lip watching as Amber heaved yet another sigh that day. 

She slowly approached the girl sitting on the couch. 

 

"Hey..."

The younger girl lifted up her head, a faint smile tugging at her lips, "Hey, how long were you standing there?"

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

Amber just smiled, "I'm fine Jess, there's nothing to worry about."

 

"You're not and I can see it," She said, eyebrows furrowed, "Amber, you know you can tell me anything, right? I'll always be here for you no matter what."

The younger girl's gaze dropped to the floor, "That's the thing Jess, you'll always be there for me but I'm afraid I can't always be there for you..."

 

What was she going on about?

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows again, "What do you mean?"

Amber lifted her head up, heart feeling heavy as she remembered what Taeyeon told her. Tears blurred her vision as she turned to face Jessica, her beloved Jessica. The older girl was alarmed to see that she was close to crying. 

 

"Babe, what's wrong?" She asked slightly panicking on the inside. 

 

"I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter