Chapter 3

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was around 4 in the morning when Jessica woke up to use the restroom. When she got back she noticed Amber breathing heavily.

Curious to what was wrong she placed her hand on the younger girl’s forehead. A soft gasp escaped from her lips. She rushed back to the bathroom and came back with a towel saturated with cold water.

 

She carefully lifted up the younger girl’s bangs and placed it onto her forehead.

 

 

“That should do for now.”

 

 

 

 

“Llama,” The older girl cooed. Amber stirred in her sleep.

 

“Mm, Jess?” She slowly sat up. “Why do I feel crap?” Jessica giggled at the confused Amber.

“You were running a high fever last night,” She said as she placed her hand on her forehead. “It slightly went down.”

“How did I even get sick?” The younger asked.

 

“You tell me,” Jessica said as she sat on the edge of the bed. Amber sat and thought for a while.

“Probably caught it from something or someone else,” She said as she slowly got out of bed, “I want to shower.”

“I’ll be making food for us.” Jessica quickly pecked the younger girl’s cheek and left the room. A small smile crept onto her lips as she made her way.

 

 

 

The hot water felt good on her skin. Usually she is more alert and awake when showering but today she felt tired and sluggish.

 

“Well that took you longer than usual,” Jessica said as Amber walked to the dining room.

“Hmm, I wanted to take my time,” Amber replied as she back hugged her.

 

“Yah, sit down and eat,” Jessica ordered.

“Yes ma’am.”

 

 

 

She couldn’t concentrate on eating.

 

“Baby?” She looked up to see a concerned look on Jessica’s face. “Is the food bad?”

 

“No, no. It’s delicious,” She said, “I just can’t concentrate on eating.” Jessica sat next to her and took the spoon from her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter