Chapter 4

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“Hold on I’ll be right there dear.” She shuffled through the papers on her desk and read each one.

 

“Yah, I called you over 5 times, get your over here,” Her girlfriend, Tiffany said as she walked into the room. “I’m sorry Pany,” Taeyeon said as she hugged her pouting girlfriend, “I just needed information on these patients.”

 

“Well food is waiting for you on the table,” She said, “Don’t be Dr. Kim for 20 minutes.”

“Okay, I’ll just be Kim Taeyeon,” She said with a dorky smile plastered on her face.

 

“Come on,” Tiffany said as she smiled back.

 

 

 

Their lunch was rather silent as Taeyeon’s mind drifted elsewhere.

 

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked which immediately snapped her out of her thoughts.

“Sorry Pany,” She said, “Did you say something?

 

“You seem conflicted,” Tiffany said, “Is everything alright?” “It’s nothing Pany-ah,” She said smiling, “This is delicious.”

Tiffany’s eyes curved into crescent shapes when she smiled.

 

“Thank you baby,” She said, “It was made especially for you.” Taeyeon’s smile widened when she heard that.

“Oh yeah, we’re going to meet with Jessi and Amber tonight.”

 

“Well I’m free tonight so it shouldn’t be a problem,” Taeyeon said. The eye smiling girl felt happy at that.

 

“Oh you’re done,” Tiffany said picking up the plates, “Let me wash them.”

 

 

She rushed to the sink and began to clean the dirty plates. A pair of arms wrapped around her waist as she was drying the wet dishes.

 

 

“I’m sorry we never get to spend time together,” Taeyeon said apologetically. Tiffany turned in her arms and pecked her lips.

“TaeTae, you’re a doctor. I understand you’re busy so don’t be sorry,” Tiffany said reassuring her girlfriend, “I love you to bits, don’t you ever forget that, okay?”

She warmly smiled to Tiffany.

 

“I love you to bits too Pany.”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were now waiting for their two friends to arrive at the restaurant.

 

“Yah, be careful when you’re walking you dork.”

“Sorry Sica.”

The couple looked up and saw their friends approaching them.

 

“Jessi!” Tiffany shouted happily.

“Tiffany!” The two girls ran to each other and hugged tightly.

 

 

“Hey llama,” Taeyeon greeted her younger friend. “Hey shorty,” Amber teased with a weak smile. Taeyeon noticed right away.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked in concerned tone as she ignored the squealing of Tiffany and Jessica in the back.

 

“I’m fine, just incredibly sleepy,” The younger girl said and chuckled. Taeyeon laughed along with her.

“Get some more sleep you .”

 

“I have been a lot lately,” She said, “But no matter how long I sleep I still feel sleepy afterwards.” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

“Do you want me to check that?” She asked.

 

“No it’s fine,” Amber said, “I’ve had a lot of work lately so that’s what’s been exhausting me.”

Taeyeon bit her lip nervously and asked, “Are you sure? It could be something else you know.”

 

The younger girl just shrugged.

“It’s fine Taeyeon but thanks for asking.” Taeyeon pat the younger girl’s back gently.

“No problem kiddo.”

 

Their girlfriends finished their moment together and they all enjoyed their dinner.

 

 

“You know she’s serious 50% of the time because she’s in Dr. Kim mode but then the other 50% is just Taeyeon being the little y cutie that we all know.”

Jessica and Amber laughed at her remark.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Taeyeon asked as Amber started to have a small coughing fit. The tomboy nodded her head as she drank some water.

 

“I’ve been sick lately and I still kind of am,” She said as she set the cup down. Taeyeon gave her a dead stare.

 

“You idiot, take care of yourself before you work or you’ll make yourself feel worse,” Taeyeon scolded.

 

“Geez, okay mom,” Amber joked. Taeyeon glared at her. “Is it a problem to care for my own friend’s wellbeing?”

“No, not at all but I have been taking care of myself. With Jessica’s help I’ve gotten much better, alright?”

Taeyeon still felt uneasy.

 

“I’d still recommend a regular check-up.”

“Taeyeon unnie, I’m fine really.” Amber smiled widely. “There’s nothing to worry about, really.” 

 

Taeyeon hesitantly nodded.

“Dr. Kim mode off,” Amber said and snapped her finger. Taeyeon eased back into her chair. She didn’t realize she was slowly pushing forward with her body.

 

“Sorry Pany,” Taeyeon apologized right away. “Let’s just enjoy the food now.”

 

 

They were all exiting the restaurant when Taeyeon pulled Jessica back.

 

 

“Update me on Amber’s condition,” She said, “Tell me if it gets better or worse.”

Jessica beamed a smile at her worrisome friend. “I’ll update you. Geez Taeyeon you’re so concerned about her.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly. “Yeah, well she’s a good friend of mine, why wouldn’t I be worried?” Jessica’s smile widened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter