Chapter 5

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the late hours of the night and Taeyeon was still sitting in her office. She looked down at the file on her desk and continued to read it over and over again hoping that something would miraculously change. Of course it wouldn't, it was written there on that stupid sheet of paper. 

 

Tears she didn't know that she was holding in suddenly ran down her cheeks. It was as if those words were mocking her, yelling at her. 

 

Tiffany's name popped up on the screen of her phone. She quickly collected herself answered, "Hey Fany."

"Hey, it's late. Are you not coming home tonight?" 

"Sorry, I've just been looking through things," She said, "I'll be home soon, okay?" Tiffany felt something was off with Taeyeon.

"Are you okay Tae?" She asked. A faint smile danced upon the young doctor's lips.

 

"Yeah, work was just too much today," She took off the coat and proceeded to head out, "I'm leaving now, I'll see you soon."

.

.

.

.

.

 

Amber came home early that day. She dropped her carkeys on the kitchen counter and sat at the table. How was she going to even face her? A sigh escaped from her lips. For the first time, she was at a loss. 

 

 

 

Earlier that day

 

Taeyeon's face grew grim as she read the results from the MRI. She entered her office where Amber was waiting in.

 

"Why the long face Taeyeon?" Amber asked playfully.

"Amber..." The dorky Taeyeon was gone and replaced by a rather scared and somber Taeyeon. She sat herself down by her computer, the paper still in her hands.

 

"Did anyone in your family ever pass from a sickness?"

"My dad passed away from a brain tumor, why do you ask?" She was nervous at what the small doctor had to say to her. 

 

She felt her entire world crashing right in the palm of her hands. All the hopes she had for a future, gone.

 

"You've been diagnosed with Stage Four Brai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter