The Miracle Would Be You Wanting To See Me Again

You Can't Choose Who You Love

A/N: Double Update!! Please read chapter 3 before this one!!


                “I swear the dog was wearing a penguin outfit.” Bora laughed. “Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen and I swear the dog wanted to die right there from embarrassment. “

                Zelo, Jongup, and Isi joined in the laughter. Himchan sighed as he stared out at the road, the burger and fries in front of him not sparking his hunger at all. Everything was bland. Nothing was exciting anymore.

                “Himchan?”

                “Yeah?” Himchan turned back to the conversation.

                “What time did you say Youngjae and Daehyun would be getting home?” Bora asked again, just another way she tried to keep him in the conversation.

                He knew she was just trying to help; just trying to get his mind off of Mira for even a second, but it wasn’t working. Everything Himchan did reminded him of her. Everything he saw was a reflection of their relationship together. And all the songs on the radio where a reminder of how he had failed them both. There was no saving him from this spiral of depression that he didn’t feel worthy of escaping from.

                “Himchan?” Jongup brought Himchan back again.

                Himchan shrugged. “Daehyun said they would start driving at 3 so, probably around 5?”

                “And it’s about 3:30 now, awesome!” Boa clapped her hands together. “We can go see that movie tonight and get the discount since—“

                Isi elbowed Bora in the ribs and immediately Bora fell silent.

                Himchan sighed and stood up. “I’m going to go.”

                “Wait! Himchan, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bring it up.” Bora frowned.

                “No, I’m just not in the mood… I’ll talk with you guys later.”

                “Himchan, I really think you should talk about it.” Zelo said. “I’ve heard that when human’s talk about their feelings it helps.”

                Himchan shook his head. “I’m not ready yet.”

                Jongup grabbed Himchan’s arm gently as he tried to leave. “You know we are here for you if you need us.”

                Himchan forced a smile. “I know.”

                He slipped out of Jongup’s hand and walked down the street. He let his feet lead the way as his mind wandered. He thought about the good times and the bad times. The past months had been a short amount of time but he had gotten used to her always being by his side. They complimented each other well, ones strengths were the other’s weakness and vice versa. Thoughts of what he was going to do now plagued his mind. It was those dark thoughts that sapped the life out of him.

                Feeling exhausted he finally looked at his surroundings and realized he was at the coffee shop they had first talked at. Not having the strength to walk in, he sat at a table in the corner that was away from all the happy people. Himchan sighed as he sat in the shade of the umbrella. He ran his hands over the table as he thought about all the other times they had come to this café and others like it, trying to fight his caffeine addiction as excuses for dates.

                “I miss you.” Himchan barely whispered. Tears he didn’t think he had left in his body began to form. “I miss you so much. Why did you have to leave me?”

                Himchan rested his head on his hands as he shook his head. “I love you and I’m sure I always will.”

                “I hope you aren’t talking about coffee.”

                Himchan’s eyes shot open and immediately he raised his head up from his hands. There standing before him was Mira. She was practically bandaged from head to toe and was using a crutch, but she was there in front of him, smiling uncertainly.

                Himchan rose from his seat so fast it fell backwards. He paid it no mind though as he rushed around the table and hugged her tightly. “If this is a dream I never want to wake up.”

                Mira squeaked. “Well it isn’t a dream and—ouch, can you—“

                “I’m sorry!” Himchan loosened his hold and stepped back to look at her, his arms still loosely around her waist. He stared at her in wonder. “This isn’t a dream?”

                Mia smiled and shook her head. “I’m really here.”

                “How?”

                Mira shrugged. “I guess there was a beam over me and it helped keep me from being crushed? I was unconscious so I’m not really sure.”

                “It doesn’t matter. You’re here and that’s all that matters.” Himchan pulled her against him again, more gentle than last time. He patted her head with shaking hands as tears fell from his eyes.

                “Stop crying, you are making me cry!” Mira’s voice quivered as she hit Himchan’s chest without using any strength.

                “You are here to stay?” Himchan asked.

                Mira sighed, but nodded. “Yes, if you’ll let me I’ll explain everything and if possible I want to join your team.”

                Himchan nuzzled his head against hers. “All in time. You can tell me later. For now, just let me hold you.”

                Mira hesitantly raised her own hands and placed them on Himchan’s hips.

                Himchan smiled and breathed in Mira’s scent, happy to finally feel complete. “I was lost without you, don’t ever leave me again.”

                Mira chuckled. “Looks like I’ll have to stay by your side forever then.”

                For the first time in two days, the world seemed right once again. “I love you.”

                Himchan could feel Mira smile into his neck. “Himchan, I love you.”

                He kissed the side of her head as he continued to hold her tenderly. The thoughts of her slipping away again were present. He knew they would have issues to work out and people to persuade but for now all that matters was that she was alive and in his arm. For now, that was more than enough.