Black Angel

Black Angel

A mafia boss’ fiancée should count on that her life can be in danger at any time. A mafia boss’ fiancée should count on lots of terrible things and that she can meet the real Devil. Who will be crueller than her fiancé and who will cause eternal suffering.

But nobody can prepare for it. The Devil is able to walk in someone’s life that you can’t notice it just when it’s already too late. When everything has fallen apart.

 

“Luhan, we are home.” But nobody answered. Just patter of legs sounded from the hall. “Luhan?” And a hand covered from behind. Nina froze and her heart started to beat faster.

“Ssh.” Minseok whispered in her ears. She just nodded and followed him as Luhan’s best friend’s fingers encircled her tiny wrist. They had come in the backdoor so now they had to go through a shorter corridor which connected to the hall of the main entrance. The backdoor was for Nina to get home unnoticeable when she was alone. Her fiancé didn’t want to risk her life, so he had had the house built like this. The main entrance was more opened to the street and if someone stranger wanted to get close to the house it was perfect for that. And a mafia leader should be careful.

But now someone had come in the house. The door was opened and another door creaked ominously. Nina stepped away from Minseok and softly pushed the door open. As she entered the room she didn’t look around. Her attention focused on the window because quiet voices infiltrated in through that. She walked there quietly. Her icy-blue eyes suspiciously watched the black car outside. A blonde boy sat in the back seat and he talked to a brown one that stood next to the vehicle. Then she noticed that three other men with black clothes were around them. Nina knew that people although she haven’t met them before. The boy in the car was Kai and who stood next to him was Sehun. The two youngest in the mafia. They all belonged to Luhan but now Nina felt ominously as she looked at them. Sehun held a gun.

Meanwhile Xiumin entered the room too. He had seen the boys through another window so after looking around in the room he placed one of his hands on Nina’s waist and leaned to her ears.

“Promise me if you turn around you won’t scream. They shouldn’t notice we are in the house.” He whispered and Nina just nodded confused. She didn’t understand why she should scream but when she turned around her heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t help it, a little shout slipped out and all the people outside looked at the house. Minseok acted quickly. He covered the girl’s mouth with his hand and pulled her down to the floor. He did it in time.

Nina was just shaking as she stared at the picture in front of her. Thousands of tears rolled down her cheeks and she couldn’t believe it. Luhan lay in front of them motionless and everything around him was covered in blood. His clothes, the floor, the rag… Everything was red.

Her body didn’t stop shaking and Minseok tried to calm her down. He seemed to be calm. He couldn’t lose his head because Luhan’s fiancée was sitting next to him and she just had met the picture of his fiancé who was maybe already dead.

They couldn’t make any movements. If they had done that, they would have been caught by the dark-clothed man who had been sent to the window by Kai. That few minutes which that man was spending in front of the window seemed to be hours to Minseok. As if they had been waiting for him noticing them.

But the black-clothed man didn’t notice anything. He went away from the window and a few seconds later they could hear the sound of the leaving car. They had left. This meant that Xiumin could take his hand away from Nina’s mouth.

”Luhan! Luhan, please get up!” Her dying voice and the picture tore Minseok’s heart into small pieces. He was just watching as Nina was creeping to Luhan’s body and trying to find some signs of life on him with shaking hands. As everything else, her soft hands were covered in blood too and she turned to Minseok with widened eyes. The graceful, confident woman became a little, frightened girl in front of his eyes and now she just asked some help. “Damn it, call an ambulance.”

 

“Do you have everything?” Xiumin asked Nina but the girl was just looking through the car’s window. She was too immersed in her own thoughts. She wasn’t worried or nervous she just simple wanted to take a revenge on Sehun. He had to pay for what he had done with Luhan.

“What?” She turned to Minseok when he softly touched her hand. She hadn’t heard the question, she just realised that Luhan’s best friend glanced at her with some interest in his eyes.

“I just asked if you had everything” answered Xiumin with an indulgently smile on his face. He didn’t blame Nina because she hadn’t listened to him. Minseok knew what was on the girl’s head and he felt the same. Sehun was their best man. And their best friend. He was one of the main parts of the group and with shooting down Luhan he broke the unity of the mafia. Two weeks passed after the incident and a huge confusion dominated among them. Minseok tried to keep the people together but it was not that easy because there were some self-styled leaders whose headway he couldn’t overwhelm.

If he thought on it better he would have known that this time would come once. When they want to take the leadership because they have as strong personality as Luhan. They couldn’t reach the boss’ greatness but they approached it. And it seems that Sehun had too weak mind to resist Kai. He had surrendered as slowly everybody in the group without Luhan.

“Of course.” She nodded then turned towards the window again. It was already dark outside and the lights of the street lamps glided beside them as some lighting ghosts.

“Are you sure you can do it?” Minseok asked quietly, watching the back of the seat. He had a bad feeling but he couldn’t tell what was for. It just didn’t please to him.

“Are you kidding me? I will take revenge on him because of what he had done with Luhan. Then Kai will be the next.” Nina seemed to be confident and Minseok just nodded. The girl saw what was behind the serious face. Her look got softer and she smiled. Xiumin did the same.

“Just be careful, okay? I think something is suspicious.” Then he left a little kiss on Nina’s cheek and the girl put on her mask. The car arrived and their mission began.

The white building from afar preached that something big event was happening that night. Masked men walked around the house, they were drinking and talking and the line of the cars was standing until the middle of the street. Every important people were there from the Korean mafia but there were some men also who just wanted some attention from the heads of the mobs.

Xiumin remembered that Luhan always laughed at them. They didn’t have any talent or skills, but their mouth was so big. If someone employed them that person had to be a beginner or just the expendable men were out of stock.

But their car didn’t join the queue. They had an own entry to the house because Minseok was one of the hosts. And Nina could enjoy every advantage of “his brother’s” company. Kai paid special attention to Minseok because he knew that Xiumin was one of the most important people and with his confidence he would be able to gain more influence. And Xiumin knew it very well too.

The car rolled up the ramp and two men in suits were waiting for Xiumin and Nina. They didn’t wear masks but they had headsets in their ears. They were ones of the crew of the event. But Minseok knew why they were there. They were Kai’s men because the new boss wanted to assure the observation of Xiumin this way.  There were his men everywhere.

“Good evening.” They greeted them while they were getting out the car. Nina accepted the helping hand as she would have been a noble princess but she had to do this. She had to behave like a high-ranked aristocrat lady to join the other haughty mafia wives.

The environment was strange for her. Luhan had never brought her to an event like this because he was afraid of that the girl became a target of his enemies after the event. But Nina was fragile just from outside. In fact, she was strong and she was able to twist people around her little finger in the twinkling of an eye. And Luhan had never been able to resist her.

She was walking next to Minseok with straight back and their appearance magnetized a lot of curious glance. Not accidentally. Nina looked like a black angel with her beautiful black mask which perfectly matched her black, lacy dress with little wings on her back. The only things that caused a little contrast were her sparkling blue eyes and her pinkish-blonde dyed hair which beautifully fell over her shoulders. It made her an angel instead of a dark demon.

When they entered the ballroom all eyes were on them and they aroused the interest of a little circle in the corner. Those nine boys didn’t wear masks but they didn’t have headsets either. That meant they were the hosts of the event.

“Great, finally our little Minseok has arrived too.” As they were walking towards the circle Suho turned to them with a wide smile on his face, then his eyes wandered to Nina and he measured her from top to toe.

“You know the best part always comes last.“ Nina’s company answered but his face was still neutral. While the others tried to behave like nothing had happened in the past weeks, Minseok tried to make them feel that nothing was okay.

“Today it’s sure that you are the best part.” Chen made a clear hint with a nod towards Nina that he wasn’t so happy because of Xiumin. The others just laughed and everything was going as they planned.

Nina’s gaze slid away and fixed on Sehun. The twenty-year-old boy stood in the circle with hands in his pockets and he didn’t take his eyes off the girl. His posture was full of primness, his dark eyes was unreadable. He looked like a real Mafioso.

“Oh really, you haven’t introduced this beautiful lady yet.” Chanyeol bantered Xiumin frowning but before he could get an answer from him, Nina suddenly took the floor and turned her head towards the others.

“I’m Nina, Xiumin’s sister. Nice to meet you.” She gave her hand with a flirty glance. Chanyeol understood the movement and he softly kissed the slim hand.

“Nina?” Tao frowned as he realised that it wasn’t a Korean name.

“Yeah, my old friend gave it to me.” She looked around with slow glances and she ran her fingers through her hair with a delicate movement. Nine men’s hearts skipped a beat at the same time. Xiumin just rolled his eyes because he knew the girl very well. It was her technique to fascinate everybody and it always worked. Minseok was the only one who had known Nina before this event, who knew what kind of relationship was hers with Luhan. The boss let him in on this secret because they were childhood friends besides they were colleagues.

“And are we allowed to know your real name?” Baekhyun asked. Meanwhile D.O., Sehun and Lay were talking about something else but even Xiumin noticed Sehun’s inattention in that conversation. He had been interested nothing else at that time just Nina.

“That’s just for those who fight for it.” Another flirty glance at Sehun and that was the end for the boy. He suddenly left his mates and stepped in front of Nina.

“Would you like to dance?” Nina didn’t say anything just accepted the boy’s hand and walked away with him. The other men were just watching them frozen. They didn’t understand why that boy got the woman who hadn’t talked to her at all. But the situation entertained Minseok.

“So I have to fight for your name.” Sehun drew the conclusion while he placed his hand on Nina’s waist and pulled her closer.  

“There are some people who deserve the knowledge from the beginning.” Nina looked deep into the boy’s eyes. The dark eyes weren’t so unreadable now. The dark-brown irises were full of interest and the girl felt that she didn’t have to try hard to make the boy more opened.

“And what a beauty like you is looking for among these crummy dogs?” Sehun apparently looked down on the most of the people in the event but it didn’t bother Nina. As the boy was more opened, it was easier to find his weak point.

“A less crummy bloodhound.”  Nina answered simply, kept the eye contact.

“There aren’t many around here.”

“Then I’m lucky.” Sehun just looked at her with questioning eyes so she continued. “I found a rarity.” The boy just laughed and after that he twirled the girl. Then he grabbed her waist tightly again as he was afraid that the girl suddenly run away and he can’t see her anymore.

“It’s strange. Minseok have never mentioned that he had two sisters.” He said suddenly while he made a little glance at Nina to see how she reacts. He found it interesting that while Xiumin always talked about one of his sisters and he have brought her among the guys two times, the other one wasn’t mentioned at all.

“Obviously not accidentally. Minseok is a straight person.” This and a little smile was enough for Sehun to know that Nina hasn’t got any kinship with Xiumin. And Nina just looked around in the room satisfied. She just made a comment that everyone can understand how he or she wants.

Sehun surprisingly was so good in dancing and as the girl looked up to him, she analysed the young Mafioso’s facial structure. His serious eyes were scanning the people in the ballroom and his sharp jawline enhanced his prestige. Nina could easily imagine that Sehun had shot down Luhan because of the domination but on the other hand she admired him because of this. Sehun was so young, and with his twenty years he became a very important person in a prestigious mafia group. Of course Luhan wasn’t older when he started this business. He was only nineteen years old but he was different as well. More ambitious than Sehun. It seemed to Nina this boy was more modest than Luhan.

The music was slowly getting closer to the end and Nina knew that she had aroused Sehun’s interest.

“Thank you for the dance.” The boy nodded but it was just a formal thing. “I hope we can meet again in the evening.” He whispered in Nina’s ears grapping her waist once again.

“It won’t depend on me.” She answered but Sehun could just see the straight back and the graceful black angel.

“Why did you leave him there?” Xiumin didn’t understand as they were heading to the back terrace. Nina was just walking nobly as the other mafia wives. She couldn’t bring shame on Luhan.

“I just made him more interested and after it he will come to me. He will cause his own downfall with walking in my trap.” She explained and as they got outside she took two glass of Champaign from the table and gave one of them to Xiumin.

“Crafty. Very crafty.  But I didn’t expect anything else from you” and Minseok raised his glass before drinking from the alcohol.

“I learnt from the bests.” Nina smiled then they jumped into the crowd. It was time to meet the bigwigs.

Even one hour didn’t pass after their dance, Sehun appeared at the side of the crowd and he was looking for someone. When he noticed his lost bird immediately went to her.

Nina was in a circle of black suited men but she seemed to hold her own when Sehun stepped next to her.

“If you don’t mind I steal the lady.” Nina just shrugged her shoulder without any sad expression and she followed Sehun to a calmer place next to the house where there weren’t many people.

“Where are we going?” It wasn’t necessary to keep that formal conversation as in the ballroom because everything was happening as she had planned. Sehun was slowly walking into her trap.

“Where we don’t need to wear masks.” She got the answer and Nina knew what the meaning was of this sentence.

“I thought that the essence of a masquerade is to wear masks.” Sehun stopped and looked straight at Nina. His eyes bored into hers and Nina wasn’t able to interrupt that moment.

“It can be tiring after a while.” he answered with total seriousness.  He knew that Nina just acted a role and the girl had to do something immediately against the uncovering. Sehun was too smart which reminded her to Luhan. “Anyway I thought that the essence of a beautiful face is to show.”  A little smile appeared in the edges of his mouth and the girl just casted her eyes down. It was unnecessary to answer or say something. She just let the boy untie her mask and take it off. “The only question is that after it how many masks I have to take off.”

“It depends on how you put your cards on the table.” Nina looked into the darks eyes, and then she turned and walked to the door near them. The boy was just watching the graceful body for a moment then followed her.

The door opened to a little corridor which ended in a staircase. Then another door again. Sehun intertwined their fingers and he led Nina to a big room which was full of various paintings. Nina knew that it was the house of the mafia who always pay attention to the elegance and luxury. She was fascinated by the paintings.

“So what would you like to hear?” Sehun asked suddenly and Nina turned to him confused.

“What do you mean?”

“You said that you wanted me to put my cards on the table. So here it is. Ask anything.” The boy spread his arms to show he was open in front of Nina. And it made her feel strangely. She didn’t meet such an honest person a long time ago. Even Luhan wasn’t so straight.

“Is it good for you?”

“Do you mean…” Now Sehun didn’t understand the question but he got an explanation soon.

“That you are in a leader position in a big mafia in such a young age. That you can die at any time if something goes wrong. Is it good for you?” These sentences weren’t for Sehun. These sentences were for Luhan but Nina never had been able to ask them. But now Sehun was here. This young criminal who had recognised that the girl was just acting a role, he still relied on her. Just like a naïve child.

“I got here from the street and at that time it was all the same for me how large risk I undertake.” He shrugged his shoulders carelessly and he began to walk around in the room. “You know it is hard to hold one’s own in the mafia world. If you get in once there’s no escape. You can’t get out.  Or you can do it, just you have to hide somewhere rest of your life or they kill you. The hiding would sound good but the constant fear not. I have heard that lots of people had gone crazy because of the dread.” Sehun looked at the pictures in front of him. As he was talking about him, a crazy old man looked back at him. Probably the hiding people become like this, he thought. “And there’s no mercy. They are cold-blooded murderers who kill anybody without any hesitation if it is necessary.” He finished his monologue and Nina felt that she had to ask him about her fiancé. She wanted to know what kind of relationship was between them which led here, to this situation.

“And what about Luhan?” She asked innocently while she was looking at the paintings on the wall. She stopped in front of one picture and turned her head towards Sehun, who pretended he didn’t understand what was going on.

“What kind of Luhan?” He tilted his head to right and although he didn’t show he was really surprised that the girl knew about his boss. He had already found out that Nina wasn’t Xiumin’s sister but he hasn’t found out yet why she was there.

“Is your memory such bad?” There was a playful smile on Nina’s face but her eyes saw deeply in Sehun’s mind. The boy felt uncomfortably. He has never met such a woman who he didn’t twist around his little finger but the woman twisted him around hers.

“I’m sorry but I don’t remember any Luhan.” He shook his head and started to watch a painting. Or he just pretended to watch that because he couldn’t see anything else just colourful stains and a big gold frame.

“You don’t remember or you don’t want to?” Nina turned towards him with her whole body and she was looking at him just like she knew everything. And it was very embarrassing.

“Who are you?” Sehun laughed but there was suspiciousness in his eyes. He turned around. The two suspicious glances intertwined but there was something else between them not just distrust.

“Just a girl who wants to know everything.” Sehun laughed again at the shrugging and he walked closer to Nina and caressed the pale cheeks. Nina kept the eye contact. She thought that the boy would be the first who would give up.

“You’re not an easy person.”  Now Nina started to chuckle.

“Maybe.” A playful smile again. A heart skipped a beat again. “But you can choose what you will be: easy person or I have to use some other methods.” Nina circled with her index finger on Sehun’s chest and she enjoyed that as she looked up to him she saw his Adam’s apple twitching.

“Damn it…” He felt his downfall and Nina felt her victory.

“So?

“What would you like to know?” And Sehun gave up. He wasn’t able to resist those playfully flattering eyelashes, that sparkling blue eyes and those tempting red lips. He had to admit: the girl was more professional than him.

“Just tell me about him in your view.” Thereafter Nina walked away through the corridor which led them to a big hall with colonnades. During the evening it was the umpteenth time when Sehun just watched the leaving black angel and slowly he followed her and started to tell Luhan’s story.

“Luhan wasn’t that kind of boss like Kai.” He started but Nina interrupted him as she turned back raising one of her eyebrows.

“Was?

“Um, yeah…“ His Adam’s apple twitched again as he swallowed. He seemed to be uncomfortable with this topic. “He was shot down a few weeks ago.” Short summary of the happenings. He didn’t have to tell Nina how it had happened or who had shot Luhan down because Nina knew everything. But he didn’t surmise it and he tried to hide in front of her that he had done it.

“It’s really unfortunate.” Nina nodded, and then went to a column and she leaned her back against that.

“Yeah. This shows that he wasn’t like Kai. Kai is always surrounded by two or three bodyguards and we haven’t spoken about his hidden men.” Sehun’ face unwittingly twitched as he was talking about his present boss. The primness had already disappeared from him, he was just a teenage boy at his first ball rather than a leader of a mafia. “Luhan wasn’t like this. He wasn’t afraid of his enemies but he hadn’t got lots of. He always found the correct tone with his clients and there weren’t any occasions when he wouldn’t have been able to make a compromise which was perfect for him too. Seriously that man was fantastic” he laughed. His eyes were sparkling just like a playful puppy and his stress started to decrease as he was talking about Luhan. Nina was just listening to him interested. “But he was able to disappear from everyone that nobody could find him. I don’t know why he did that. Maybe sometimes the boss needs some rest too. Maybe he travelled to the Bahamas that he perfectly deserved of course.” Nina smiled because she knew this feeling very well. Sometimes she hadn’t known where his fiancé was because he had left only a paper sheet with “I have to do something about the business. Don’t look for me until I come back”. There were times too when he had taken Nina with him and yeah, they had gone far away to have a little rest.

“You are talking about him as he was your ideal.“ Nina added and her plan was to make Sehun more open about Luhan. She wanted to know what was in the boy’s head in connection with her fiancé. Because he had said just good things so far. And if you say just good things about someone you don’t shoot that person down.

“Maybe it’s the case. We can say he was my brother.” Nina’s eyes narrowed but she tried to hide her expressions. “Four years ago he took me here from the street. If he hadn’t done that I think I would have stayed that petty criminal who would have been killed by another criminal group or been caught by the police. But Luhan had walked into my life, raised me next to him and now I am here. I can thank everything to him.” Sehun’s eyes fixed on Nina and he walked to her with slowly steps. ”Okay, I don’t say that this is my biggest dream. In fact, I would rather quit now because he isn’t here. But as I have mentioned I couldn’t do that.” His mouth curved in a bitter smile as he finished his monologue. Then he looked at Nina if she got any other questions.

“I just don’t understand if you looked up to him why you shot him down.” The air froze between them and Nina just realised what she had said. Sehun gave her a sharp look and he raised one of his eyebrows.

“How did you know that?” The enthusiasm disappeared from his voice. His face turned gloomy and he tried to show he was calm. But he clenched his fists in his pockets.

“I knew him well too. I just can’t understand if a person admired him so much why he pointed a gun at him.” Nina answered slowly. She wasn’t afraid. No. She just wanted to know the truth behind Sehun’s behaviour. She felt anger because of that speech.

Sehun could stand Nina’s cold eyes just a few seconds then he broke again. Just like a little kid who is not able to lie to her parents about who had broken the grandma’s vase because it was too ugly.

“I… I didn’t want to kill him.” He shook his head in the end. His voice was shaking too and he showed his back to Nina.  He began walk around in the room again in his nervousness. “I didn’t aim there but my hands were shaking and I missed the shot. Damn it, I’m their best men and I missed the shot.” He raised his voiced quasi talking to himself. It seemed he blamed himself. And Nina wanted to detect if he was really sorry.

“But what was the reason?”

“Kai.” Bingo. The name that was so familiar to her. She had seen through the window Kai getting in the car with Sehun on that day and Xiumin had mentioned his name several times. And it was true. Sehun told her. But the continuation was more interesting than thinking about Kai. “If I hadn’t done this, Kai’s men would have come to him. But it wouldn’t have been just a simple shot. Kai would have destroyed everything that was important to Luhan so it seems you too.” Sehun turned and made a meaningful look at Nina. “And Luhan should have been watching as everything he had falling apart without doing anything. Kai just plays with too dirty. I just wanted to protect Luhan from this. I didn’t want to point the gun at his chest, I didn’t want to kill him. I told Kai that I would go and kill Luhan but he wanted to come with me to see the whole action. I know the human body to be sure where to point the gun not to kill that person but this time I was so nervous. I wanted to go to Luhan to control his pulse but Kai was faster. I heard that Luhan was dead from Kai’s mouth. He wouldn’t lie. His plan was to remove Luhan from his way and he managed to do it with my help so he took me in a leader position. But I didn’t want this whole thing.” Sehun clenched his fist and hit the column. It seemed to be very painful and Nina’s mouth twitched but her heart hurt much more because of the picture in front of her. She saw on Sehun that he was suffering.

“But now tell me one thing. Did you come here because of the revenge?” Sehun stared straight at Nina with a haggard look. The girl knew that if she told the truth, Sehun wouldn’t do anything. Maybe he would ask her to kill him to escape from his conscience.

“I just wanted to find out what led you to take him away from me.” She answered still leaning her back against the column. She didn’t move and as Sehun was walking to her she couldn’t take her eyes off him.

“So he was important to you too.” Important. Yes. That’s why she was there at that time but she couldn’t feel that vindictiveness anymore. Something had changed and it didn’t mean any good because the happenings weren’t gone as they would have.

“Just like to you.” She nodded keeping the eye-contact with Sehun who already stood in front of her. It was just ten inches between them. She couldn’t see the dangerous Mafioso in him anymore, he was totally “” in front of Nina. That little boy who had got here from the street. That repentant kid who wanted to repair his mistakes. Nina couldn’t resist him.

“I didn’t want to take him away from you.” He whispered and he placed his right hand on Nina’s cheek. His eyes sparkled sadly, his chest rose up and down smoothly.

“I know” Nina nodded and she placed her hand on Sehun’s. The distance between their faces was decreasing and in the end the boy’s soft lips landed on Nina’s. His kiss wasn’t like Luhan’s. There was some shyness in Sehun’s movements, something soft caution which had never appeared in Luhan’s actions. He had never been afraid of the girl’s answer because he knew how much she wanted him but Sehun rowed on new waters. She didn’t resist him and when the boy broke the kiss as he realised what he was doing she felt a little disappointed.

“I…I’m so sorry.” Sehun bit his lower lip and Nina looked over his shoulders. Her heart skipped a beat. Xiumin stood behind a column and he was watching them interested. When he noticed Nina’s glance he softly nodded and the girl understood it. She had to continue.

“I think we should go to a calmer place.” She looked at Sehun again. She was still doing his task, she mustn’t forget it but the happenings in the last hour had confused her. She began to think that all the things they had thought about Sehun were wrong. He wasn’t so bad. He was just an innocent boy who had wanted to save that person who he had looked up to.

 

Sehun led her to a big room on the top floor of the building. It was as large as a flat. There was a big double bed in the middle of the room and to the right of them a door opened to the bathroom. As they were walking inner more and more archaic furniture became visible in front of them. Her eyes fixed on an old dressing table. She remembered. She had been there once after a dinner with Luhan. The boy had taken her there several years ago and she clearly remembered every moments of that night. As she mused on the beautifulness of the old furniture, as Luhan, who was so innocent yet, softly raised her chin with his hand and kissed her while he lying her on the bed. Every word, every movement burnt into Nina’s mind.

And now she was standing in front of that dressing table again and someone else stepped behind her. Sehun wrapped his arms around Nina and he left delicate kisses on the girl’s neck while he was pulling the lace dress down from her shoulder. Nina wanted to know when the boy had undone her zipper but his lips were doing their job such well that Nina wasn’t able to say anything just let out a quiet sigh. Slowly she turned around. Her dress slipped down on her slim body and it landed on the floor. She wasn’t able to look into Sehun’s eyes. She would have killed him. That would have been her job but the informations that she learnt about Sehun during the evening changed everything. They convinced her that Sehun wasn’t a bad person.

With this childish innocence he fascinated Nina and as he raised her chin up to look into her eyes Nina forgot every thought about the past. She could just think about Sehun sinking in the dark-brown eyes. And the boy gave her everything she desired on that night.

Sehun’s lips gently touched her skin. His movements were delicate and slow, and the lazy motion of his hip took the girl into the heaven. He paid attention to every detail and there weren’t any roughness in his actions. But the miserable destiny of the tomorrow hid in their heavy sighs.

 

The dawn didn’t bring a better life. Nina had waked up before seven o’clock and for want of better she put on Sehun’s shirt. She wasn’t able to sleep because of her remorse. She would have had to kill Sehun last night but she hadn’t done that. But the only one who deserved the death was Kai. He was their enemy not Sehun. He loved Luhan as his brother.

“Are you going somewhere?” The sleepy voice came from the bed and Nina just shook her head with a bitter smile.

“Not yet.” Sehun wanted to know what it meant “not yet” but some noise sounded from outside and the door suddenly opened. Nina froze and Sehun just stared confused at the entering man.

“He was to be dead by this time.” The owner of the icy voice slowly stepped to the bed and stopped in front of it. He didn’t take his eyes off Sehun.

“Yes he was, but there are things that change everything.” Nina tried to be calm but inside she was frightened.

“Shut up. I want to talk to him.” The girl stopped talking and she just stood there with straight back.

“Luhan.”  Sehun voice was relived and confused at the same time.

“Put on your clothes and come here.” Luhan instructed him while he pointed a gun at Sehun. The boy’s eyes widened and he was just staring at his boss who was alive. “Don’t look at me like that. Yeah, I’m alive. But just do what I said” Sehun slowly got up from the bed and because his shirt was on Nina, he went to Luhan half-. His straight back and confident look raised him above Luhan.

“Luhan, see, he is not our enemy. Kai is the real bad boy…” Nina despairingly tried to convince Luhan that Sehun had just tried to save him, but his fiancé didn’t listened to her.

“I know very well what’s up with Kai. I talked to him and everything had happened this way because we had planned this whole thing. The real target is Sehun here.” Nina and Sehun just stood there shocked. They didn’t know this and it meant that they were misled so far.

“Just… why?“ Sehun seemed to be resigned to this and he just looked into the gun barrel. He wasn’t afraid. He wasn’t like a little boy anymore. And Nina’s heart was falling apart seeing this.

“It’s just business. Kai’s employment wasn’t an accident. His family is the second largest mafia family in South-Korea and they offered me cooperation. The only condition was that I had to kill my best man because you, Oh Sehun are the murderer of many of their employees. This annoyed them so much and it would be a shame to miss an offer like this.” Luhan spoke like he didn’t care about Sehun. Like he didn’t care about this boy who was like his brother. “Of course I didn’t want to kill you with my own hands. That’s why we organised with Kai my own death. I sent Nina to kill you. She thought that it’s just revenge because you had wanted to shoot me down but it seems you were too much for her. That’s it.”

“Luhan, don’t do this.” Tears appeared in Nina eyes hearing his fiancé’s speech. She hadn’t fallen in love with this person. She didn’t know this man.

“At least you wouldn’t have lied to her if you sank on such a disgusting level.” Sehun pointed on Nina with his head and Luhan’s face twitched. His fingers tightened the trigger and as the Sun rose up behind the hills painting the sky red, Sehun’s body fell on the floor lifeless.

“No.” The scream was heard even on the first floor and Nina fell on her knees. Sehun’s empty look stared straight at her and the pictures of the last night were still in her mind. When she was able to see who Sehun really was and when she could taste once again how it was to be innocent and pure. When the family and the friends were more important than the business.

But even Nina’s loud sobbing wasn’t able to touch Luhan’s heart.

“He really loved you, Luhan. He talked about you as his ideal… with admiration and respect…“ Thousands of tears rolled down her cheek while Luhan was just standing in front of her. Then his eyes moved to Sehun’s body. The boy’s face was shocked which sat on his face when the gun had fired but now his eyes just looked at corner of the room lifelessly. A little blood stream was flowing from his mouth while the blood from the wound on his chest painted the Persian carpet all red. That expensive Persian carpet…

Luhan’s face twitched and as Nina was sobbing in front of him, he casted his eyes down.

“He loved you as his brother.”  The girl muttered. Luhan slowly walked to her and knelt down.

“I know.” He whispered softly and wrapped his arms around the girl that she couldn’t move. Nina thought for a second that Luhan felt sorry for Sehun. She thought that Sehun was important to Luhan too, this lonely child who would have deserved a much better life.

Luhan gently kissed the girl. Nina closed her eyes because she knew what would continue. Her fingers grabbed tightly his fiancé’s shirt while the cold gun barrel was pressed to her temple and the trigger’s slow creak was sounding in her ears again. Luhan broke the kiss and leaned his lips to Nina’s ear. His warm breath unpleasantly burnt the girl’s skin. “But the business is business.”

 

And she realised that until then she hadn’t known who the real Devil was.