Epilogue

In The City of Flowers

Many years have passed. I ended up being an agricultural professor and when I saw he list of names of freshmen candidates that were coming in today, I saw a particular name that stood out from the rest, Yoo Youngjae. The exact same name of the person I love.

 

Just then, a boy came into the laboratory. “Excuse me,” he asked. “Um, is this the micro plant lab?” I was just simply shock. That boy, had this aura just like Daehyun. “Uh… I-I’m sorry if I happened to enter the wrong one…”

 

“Oh no no! It’s the right one. This is the micro plant lab alright.” I snapped myself out of it. “So, I heard you want to work in this lab?”

 

“I’m glad it’s the right one and yes, I want to work here.” He smiled at me. “I am Yoo Youngjae, first year in this university.”

 

“Your grandfather… You are Jung, I mean Yoo Daehyun’s grandson, right?” I asked.

 

“You knew my grandfather?” he got curious about it.

 

“Yes, we’ve known each other for a very long time. When he passed, I saw you at the funeral. At that time, you acted so maturely.”

 

“Is that so…?” he said.

 

The last time I saw Daehyun was during his funeral. His funeral photo that was place on the alter was a picture of his young self; black beautiful raven hair, beautiful sun-glowed skin and a youthful looking face, but the one inside the casket was a grey hair, wrinkly skin and an old yet blissful face as if he finally get to see the ones he loved.

 

“Well, anyway, there will be 7 other candidates today hoping to join the lap but you were the first one to arrive.”

 

“Ah, it’s because I just… really… wanted to see the lab.” He said as he scratch the back of his head and started to murmur those last few words. Somewhat he just keeps reminding me of Daehyun.

 

“Same here! I hurriedly finish my lecture and came here as soon as possible.” I almost shouted too loud due to excitement.

 

“Huh?” He had this question mark looking face which was just so adorable.

 

“I wanted to meet you. That’s why.”

 

Suddenly, a gush of wind blew through the window and I see myself right in front of the young Daehyun that I know. Now, I felt as if I was talking to Daehyun again.

 

“To have you to come to this laboratory, it makes me so very happy.”

 

And Daehyun smiled.

 

-END-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Note:

1. Yoo Youngjae is Daehyun's grandson

2. Daehyun's surname changed to Yoo because he married into the girl's family so he adopted the girl's family surname.

3. It's because Youngjae was very much alike like Daehyun, Yongguk felt as if he was talking to Daehyun himself. The gush of wind was to show that he was actually talking to Daehyun for the last time since he didn't get to meet Daehyun until Daehyun passed on.

 

That's all. ^^ Thank you for reading. I don't know if I should put up the sequel though. I've thought of the plot and stuff already but..... if no one would read them then I guess I won't have to write the sequel. Do comment and tell me if you want to read the sequel!!