I Wish You Happiness

In The City of Flowers

Chapter Three: I Wish You Happiness

 


“I see… Though it will be lonely that you are no longer visiting us but you are always welcome to show your face here once in a while whenever you feel like it.” The older gisaeng smiled to me.

 

“Thank you very much.” I said in return.

 

The words of Youngjae kept replaying in my head, “It’s better than giving up in the beginning and missing the opportunity of a life time for good.” That’s right, Daehyun still hasn’t said anything like, “I never want to see your face again.” And I still haven’t heard what he has to say yet. I still haven’t convey my true feelings to Daehyun yet.

The moment I reached Daehyun’s house, I used the secret code that we had when we were a kid. I hope he still remembers that 2 stones and 2 acorns mean to come outside of the house. I threw it to his window hoping that he will appear soon.

 

Just then, I saw Daehyun running out of the house with a jacket. “Apparently you still haven’t forget our secret code huh.”

 

“How can I forget about it…” He said as he clenched his hand. “Yongguk, about what happened-”

 

“Sorry.” I interrupted him. “Sorry for saying that everything was your fault. ‘As long as I can stay by your side as a friend’ those words, I never once thought that way. I hate being friends. I don’t want to hand over you to anyone else. Even now, I still love you just like how I did a few years back.” I said as I avoided his eye contact with me. For a moment, there was nothing but silence, something was wrong.

 

I looked at him at I saw Daehyun blushing as he was tearing up. “Sorry… I’m so sorry, Yongguk.”

 

My heart hurt as he apologized to me. It hurts so badly. “I wanted to tell you, even if you can’t give me a reply. Because ever since that day, I’ve always been lying to you and I hated that. Ever since we were children, I was always afraid… always afraid that I will fall in love with you.”

 

What? “Is it because… I’m a guy?” I asked, hoping I would get clarified what he meant. But Daehyun shook his head and said, “If I got too close to you, when we have to part, I wouldn’t be able to bear it.”

 

“What do you mean? Say it clearly.” I slowly took his hands and surprisingly, he didn’t reject it. Daehyun didn’t say anything and I understood it. “I understand. If you can’t say it, then you don’t have to. But, if what you just said wasn’t a lie, even if it’s just this moment, say that you love me.”

 

The weak crybaby Daehyun has finally showed himself once again in front of me. He burst out crying as he said those 3 magical words, “I… I loved you.” And I hugged the crybaby, trying to soothe him.

 

“Sin-Since you told me everything, it’s time for me to tell you everything too.” He said to me as he let go of my hug but still holding on to my hands. “When I graduate university, I’ll be getting married. When I was young, it was arranged by my fiancé’s family for me to marry in. After the war, their family took care of my mother. Their daughter is a woman beyond my social class. So, my mother arranged it in my best interest. I can’t do anything to shame them. So, for me to fall in love with you is just too selfish of me.”

 

I stayed silent. It’s almost like I forgotten everything I wanted to say. My voice wouldn’t even come out.

 

“Yongguk… You can blame me for everything but please, make it so that I can never forget about you.” You took my hands and place it on his cheeks. Those warmth I felt just stung me hard and I knew how to make him never to forget me.

I could hear the clock tick by as I see Daehyun looking at the same flower arrangement for almost an hour now. “Daehyun, just how long do you want to stare at that flower arrangement?” I asked. I could see him blush so hard while he squat there looking at it over and over again. Cute.

 

I went towards the blushing boy and hugged him. Startled by my action, he made those really cute shock noises that made him really really cute. “I-I’m sorry, I suggested this to coming to such a place and I-I’m sure you’re used to coming to this gisaeng places and st–”

 

“No, I’m not used to coming to such a place like this.” I cut him off. “Even if you make such a cute face like this, I won’t be stopping this time round.” I said as I lean closer towards him and kissed him. The small kisses soon turn into sloppy kisses, our tongues were literally fighting for dominance with one another. It kisses were all too long that we were almost forgot to take a breath.

 

“A-As expected of you, being such a good kisser.” He said as he took his breath.

 

“It’s not that I’m a good kisser, it’s because it’s you that I want. I’ve been holding it in this whole time, so of course I would.” I gave a quite reasonable answer.

 

“That’s kind of infuriating actually…” Daehyun said, “But I’m glad because we would be in trouble if we were both new to this.” He smiled at me. God damn, what a beautiful smile he has.

 

“Silly Daehyunnie.” I smiled back at him. We made love that night and I locked myself up with Daehyun for literally 4 days. We skipped school and of course, we got lectured about it, but during those days, we seared a bond that would never be forgotten in a lifetime.

2 years later…

Youngjae came into the room finding many fortune slips on the floor of my room. “Young Master! What are you doing here?! You should have left long ago since today is–”

 

“I took a nap.” I said calmly as I continue to try to get some sleep.

 

“What are you talking about? You’re already donned in suit… It’s not too late to leave now you know?” Youngjae said.

 

“It’s too late… It’s already too late.” I said as I slowly open my eyes, looking through at the huge amount of misfortune slips I collected at the temple where Daehyun was getting married at.

 

 

DAEHYUN:

As I walked up each and every steps of the stairs with my wife-to-be, I could see the moments I had with Yongguk. It was truly a blissful tragedy I had with him. Each steps I take reminds me of how much he love me.

 

I didn’t want to marry this girl that was taking every step along with me. I want to be with the man who never appear today. I didn't blame him for not coming, it would have hurt to see this. I was partially glad that he didn't come, otherwise, I probably would have ran away with him halfway through my wedding.

 

As I walk up to the very last step, I saw a slip of fortune paper by the mouth of the guardian fox. Well, guess what, it’s an auspicious day. The fox was holding onto a good fortune paper, but of course, I knew who did that and I was happy about it.

 

I went to take the fortune paper and read it.

 

Good Fortune: Within the city of flowers, my meeting with you, this happiness, is eternal.

 


This brings the end to this story. O god. I update so long because of school. I'm going to have my sem break soon. Yayyyy. //cries// 

Please do comment about this. ^^ Hahaha. I know it's a confusing story so please do tell me what's confusing and I'll tell you.

-NANA-