Confession

In The City of Flowers

Chapter Two: Confession

 


There’s something I want to tell you.” Was what he said before we left the school together.

 

We left the school together and walked silently side by side one another. Not a single word has been spoken ever since we left the school. Just what does he want to say to me? Is he going to lecture me again? I decided to break the silence between us and said, “It’s really been a while since we’ve gone home together like this.”

 

“Isn’t that because you spend every day fooling around and not working?” He answered back.

 

Finally, something to talk about. “I-Is that so?”

 

“I don’t know how long we will be able to stay like this, Yongguk.” He said as he stopped walking.

 

Huh? “What did you say?” I asked him who was now behind me. He just smiled at me as if nothing happened.

 

“Oh! Look, there’s a temple festival going on today.” I pointed at the bright lights that were distracting my attention. “It’s such a rare opportunity. Do you want to go and take a look?” I asked Daehyun.

 

“Alright.” He smiled at me and I led him up to the stairs and we started exploring the temple area. It was so fun that it tired the both of us. The last stop was definitely the fortune telling paper that was given when we pray at the temple. I went to get drinks for the both of us before we open and see what our luck was written in the paper.

 

I quickly opened the paper that I was holding and the luck written was “Good Fortune”.

 

“Look! Look! Daehyun, I’ve gotten Good Fortune again! Aren’t I amazing?” I showed him the slip of paper.

 

Daehyun looked quite unpleased with the Good Fortune slip that I had and he started arguing saying, “This temple is known to have many ‘Good Fortune’ slips.”

 

“Oh, really…” I look at him showed my dissatisfaction towards his explanation to my ‘Good Fortune’ slip. “Why don’t you open yours and see then. I remember the last time we came here you had the ‘Misfortune’ slip.”

 

The moment he opened the slip, a huge word ‘Misfortune’ was printed there and I started laughing at him.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA! See, what did I tell you? Oh my god, HAHAHAHAHAH.” I laughed so hard until my stomach started to hurt.

 

“Sheesh, what’s so funny about it.” He mumbled to himself and slowly finding himself laughing away with me. We both laughed for a good whole 5 minutes before calming ourselves down.

 

“Here, you can have mine. Maybe then the good luck will cancel out the bad one.” I handed my slip over to him.

 

“How can you base on your own theory…” He looked at me who was still kind of laughing away. Then, I heard the sound of paper crushing together and Daehyun didn’t look too happy about it.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you still feeling bad about it?” I asked him. “Daehyun?”

 

Suddenly, he just turned towards me and kissed me on the lips. I heard the bottles of drink crashing onto the floor but I didn’t bother about it. I was surprised by the action he did. The moment he remove his plump lips away from mine, he just left me hanging there. Just what the hell happened?

“Young Master, it’s time to wake up.” Youngjae knocked the door. “Excuse me but- Young Master? You’re already awake?” Youngjae looked surprised at me.

 

“What does that expression supposed to mean.” I asked him.

 

“Nothing, I just rarely get you see you all ready and freshened up before even waking you up.”

 

“Sarcasm so early in the morning huh.”

 

“Is that what you think? Complaining to you isn’t part of my job description. It’s just something I enjoy to do.” Youngjae said as he pour the tea as usual.

 

“Here you go.” He passed me the cup that was filled with a sweet smelling aroma. “A light sweetness can get rid of that fatigue of yours.” He said as he looked at me.

 

I looked at him before looking into the cup of tea.”Do I… perhaps look really that tired?” I asked him.

 

“A bit.”

 

“I know that getting my hopes up higher means bigger let downs but I just can’t seem to stop myself, I still want to hope for things that I know it’s impossible.”

 

“It’s normal.” He said as he took my jacket and held it on for me.

 

“Were you like this too, Youngjae?” I question the boy who was just a year or two younger than me.

 

“Of course. But it’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s better than giving up in the beginning and missing the opportunity of a life time for good.”

 

“Is that so…” I murmured to myself. Whether it’s my father, or brother or Daehyun, I’ve always been running. Then, suddenly, I felt enlightened and I asked Youngjae again. “Do you still think so, seeing me being like this now?”

 

“Yes, of course, you still have the chance in you. Go grab it while you still can.” He smiled at me as he placed the jacket on my lap and left the room.

Even if the chances are low, I can’t supress this hope anymore. I finally decided to confess my love once again but Daehyun just hit it down in one blow.

 

“Could you forget what happened the last time?” He requested. “I wasn’t quite right in my mind back then.”

 

See, as I thought. “You were even drunk that day.” I clenched my fist so tight it felt as if my fingers could just pierce through my own hands. “To suddenly do something like that, it’s not something you would do in the past.”

 

“I’m sorry, I just-” Daehyun couldn’t look at me when he apologised to me.

 

“And didn’t you said you had something to tell me? You didn’t tell me either.” I interrupted him. His eyes shot wide opened as if I already knew his darkest secrets.

 

The more I walked closer towards him, the further he tried to avoid me but it didn’t last long enough until he hit against the wall behind him.

 

“You didn’t forget that, did you?” I cornered him.

 

“Yonggu-” He looked at me with those fearful eyes.

 

“You hate me touching you, so why did you kiss me?”

 

“T-That’s not it! I don’t hate you!” He protested.

 

I grabbed his chin and held it nearer to my face. He immediately shut his eyes and he was quivering away like a fallen leaf. Was I that scary? Am I not worth it? What am I exactly in your life? I looked at his face before I let go of him.

 

“Yong…guk?”

 

“I initially thought that even if you didn’t fall for me, I could still stay by your side as a friend. But now I think about it, I am just an idiot for thinking about it. You ruined everything.

 

 

Daehyun:

“You ruined everything” kept echoing in my head ever since Yongguk said that to me. It’s not that I don’t love you… I have circumstances in my hand so I have no other way but to reject his love.

 

I went home and I kept thinking about it. I couldn’t concentrate on my work. The moment where Yongguk almost tried to kiss me kept replaying in my head.

 

Just then, my mother called me. “Daehyun, about the previous issue, the other party wishes that they begin the preparations immediately after you graduate from university. Is it too soon?” My mother asked.

 

“No, they were able to grant my selfish wish of entering the university of my own choice, so I’m grateful enough to them.” I spoke as confidently as I should sound.

 

“I see… That’s good to hear then.” My mother smiled at me showing relief. To be honest, I didn’t want my university days to end that early. I want it to stop so I can stay with Yongguk longer. Just a little longer and I will let everything go.

 

 

Yongguk:

I shouldn’t have said that. It wasn’t true at all. I didn’t deserve to say that he ruined everything because I am the one who truly ruined everything.

 

“Young Master, the bath is ready.” Youngjae came knocking at my door.

 

I opened the door and Youngjae found himself looking at me wearing a jacket, getting ready to go out at night. “Where are you going out late at night, Young Master?” He asked.

 

“Youngjae… I may not have any more chances but my heart still regrets.”

 

“If that’s how it is” he smiled to me, “then you should visit your heart once more so that you may not hold deeper regrets to it. Please be careful on the way there.”

 

“I’m leaving. Thank you, Youngjae.” I smiled before I shut the doors behind me.

 


I'm so sorry for leaving this fic alone for so long. //cries// school started so i'm kinda busy now.

I could barely update all my fics. I just happen to update it today because i'm sick and I have the whole day to myself.

Anyway, here's the second part of this bangdae fic. Part 3 will be up not too soon tho... I'M SORRYYYYY.

-NANA-