Chapter 2 “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

"Life is a happy song when there’s someone by your side to sing along." - The Muppets.

                                                                original.png

                                                                                                       (Joo)

       

 After a few weeks of working at this café I have thought about that one man who now comes every other day now to get his one friend the same coffee every time not to mention he always comes during lunch break; don't get me wrong I have asked him several times why he doesn't come while we're open but he just doges the question every time it comes up. It seriously irritates me that he can't answer a simple question but hey maybe he'll answer me today. I went through my daily routine of getting ready for work with my hair pulled back into a tight pony-tail while I sported a sky blue knitted medium length sleeved shirt, with a plain white T-shirt and plain white pants lastly a pair of white Jordans to seal the deal.

       "OMG!!!!" I yelled when I went to grab my small Chanel handbag.

       "WHAT WHAT HAPPENED ROO!!!??" Yelled my mom who was scared as hell that I might have severally injured myself.

       "SPIDERRR EOMMA A SPIDER OH MY GOSH IT'S HUGE!! KILL IT AHHH PLEASEE!!!" I continued to yell while I jumped up and down like a little girl.

       "JOO you had me scared for a minute hang on I'll get the fly swatter." she said in a calming voice, as if it were going to help in any way what so ever.

       SMACK!!! The sound sent a shock through my body it was a shock of relief though. "Phew thanks Eomma what would I do without you!?" I said as I kissed her on the cheek and said goodbye. When I reached the coffee shop there was a note by the door which read "Hey Joo this is your secret coffee shop friend. I want to meet you so you can really get to know me and so we can become great friends meet me by 담양 죽녹원". What this dongsaeng must have gone loopy? Does he not realize how far that is from Seoul ,that's about a six-hour drive, I thought just blinking at the paper; who has time to drive that far? I was about to walk into the coffee shop but when I tried to open the door it was locked so I looked at my phone and I had 1 unread message from AhRi that said "hey sorry for the late notice but the coffee shop is closed today the owner has a sick family member whom he needs to help care for so I guess you can lay in bed all day playing games hahaha." 

"Closed huh" I mumbled as I stared at the note from secret coffee dongsaeng. I guess it would be cool to visit right I hear it's a very beautiful area. Well, I guess I'll go.I hop back into my car and head on out to 담양 죽녹원. It took a while but honestly I didn't mind the drive I like driving because it helps me relax I guess you could say it makes me feel like I have a sense of "purpose" of doing something. Finally I sat in my car for a while waiting and waiting and waiting until I fall asleep.

30 minutes later

BANG BANG BANG!! I jolt up at the bangs that hit my car window and I am in major shock to whom I see staring back at me with a huge smile plastered on their face.