Acrophobia

EXO Fluff Collection

I was bound for Korea from Singapore. It’s going to be a -aching six hour flight there. After I made sure that I had my essentials with me, I finally decided to settle down on my seat. I’m a seat away from the window and I was hoping that the seat next to me would be empty. My flight would be a lot more comfortable that way. I sat on my seat fiddling with the blanket and pillows provided when a slight clearing of throat was heard.

I slowly looked up, only to meet the most charming brown eyes staring right back at me. He gestured that he needed to sit inside, so I made space and he sat at his seat. I was humming to myself, waiting for the late passengers to settle down and for the safety briefing to start when I felt a nudge beside me. I turned to look at the man sitting beside me.

“I’m sorry but if you don’t mind, can we please swap seats?”

I raised my eyebrow unknowingly at him as if asking him to carry on. He gulped before continuing his explanation. After a couple of minutes, I found out this man actually has acrophobia, the fear of heights. It must have been a big blow on his ego when he asked the question but in fact, I found it pretty cute. I agreed not long later, we swapped our seats and soon, we were preparing for take-off. As I heard the engine rumbling, and the airplane gaining its momentum, the man beside me stiffened even more. I turned to look at him, his eyes tight shut as he gripped on the arm rest tightly. I stared at his long eyelashes sweep across his cheeks then to his knuckles that slowly turned white from his grip. He must hate flying so much.

Unconsciously, my hand reached out to his hand. I felt his grip loosened for a while before he peeked at me by opening one of his eyes. Even I gasped at my sudden action because I’ve never actually initiated skin-ships with any acquaintance. I mean, this man is more of a stranger than an acquaintance even. He grabbed my hands and shut his eyes again.

I leaned over and I could smell his musky cologne, a little different from his baby face. I felt my face turn hot and my heart skip a beat. I heard him gulp as the plane took off and I took the time to whisper, “It will all be over soon. It’s going to be okay.” 

He nodded slowly before muttering a small “thank you” to me. I smiled to myself as I looked out the window and observe the city below me getting smaller and smaller. I took a deep breath as different thoughts flooded by mind.

Within a couple of minutes, the plane had stabilised and he slowly released his grip on my hand as he muttered a small thank you again. He also flashed a genuine smile and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“I haven’t gotten the chance to introduce myself. I’m Luhan,” he introduced as he reached out his hand for a handshake.

“I’m Minki. Han Minki.” I replied as I shook his hand.


Knowing that I still had a lot of hours to go before I land in Seoul, I decided to get some sleep. I was too excited the night before that I didn’t manage to sleep a blink. I reclined the seat and found the most comfortable position I could find, before I decided to close my eyes and doze off.

It wasn’t long before I felt Luhan moving a lot beside me. Unknown to me, he was actually panicking because he can see below since the window shade was up. He was contemplating if he should lean over and close it, or just let it be. He kept fidgeting and he finally made up his mind, he leaned over to close the shade when I woke up. Our faces barely a few inches away from each other and his eyes widened. I stared at him and none of us moved away. I felt my heart beat going faster and his breath against my skin.

“Ma’am, Sir, what would you like for your meal?” A stewardess walked up to us and asked. Luhan and I immediately straightened up. Clearing my throat a little, I quickly told her that I wanted chicken and Luhan chose the same thing. She bowed before she left and my eyes followed her.

“Was there anything you need?” I asked as I turned to face him. His face stiffened a little and he slowly turned to face me.

“If you don’t mind, would you please close the shade?” He requested and that’s when it hit me. How could I forget that this man is actually afraid of heights? I nodded before shutting the shade and focusing on the movie on my screen.


Within the next few hours, we didn’t talk and did our own things. Before I knew it, the plane had already landed at Incheon International Airport and we were both leaving the plane. He dug into his pocket before handing me a small note and disappearing into the crowd at the Immigrations. I kept the note inside my bag before collecting my luggage and heading straight to my hotel room in Myeongdong.

Stepping inside and being welcomed by the extravagant interior, I walked to the front desk to check in. It didn’t take that long and soon, I was in the lift up to my room.

“Minki, is that you?” I heard a familiar voice inside the lift. I turned and my eyes widened. Is this fate or what?

“Luhan? Fancy meeting you again,” I was beyond shocked when I saw him inside the lift.

“Wow, such fate!” He exclaimed before a chuckle escaped his lips.

 


And well, who knew what happened inside the hotel room after that?

LOL.

I guess this is a belated birthday present to Minki.

I finally had the mood to update, so yup.

Do support her fanfics too,

click HERE.